It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe, China and the Arms Embargo:The Implications of European-Chinese Partnership

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Come on you know better than that,

plus bombers are impractical for the next 30 years for the Chinese...they need local firepower that you wish to sell them.....go ahead but the ramifications will be something you didn't expect....

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Come on you know better than that,

Better than what?
Common logic?

plus bombers are impractical for the next 30 years for the Chinese...they need local firepower that you wish to sell them.....go ahead but the ramifications will be something you didn't expect....

We wont get hit unless they invade the middle east (yeah! LOL, good luck) and somehow take over asia includeing russia (Yeah....gd plan..**shakes head**)
The local power they have already...who exactly are they going to fight...india?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Actually, the Russians are hoping that the planned exercises will mean that the Chinese will buy Russian bombers.

However, i'am still not sure if they are willing to sell the Tu-22, which is what the Chinese really wants.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
The local power they have already...who exactly are they going to fight...india?

Its obvious you dont know then...............

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Its obvious you dont know then...............

Its obvios you have made your mind that I'm wrong and you have figured out china's secret plan....

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Not at all but lets see if I can be blunt!

China WILL attempt to take Taiwan by force in the next 15 years or so. WHEN that happens the USA will stop it. We are treaty bound to do so.

Now, that being said, there is the chance of the communists taking a fall and that China and Taiwan could end up doing what East and West Germany did, the same goes for the Korea's.

Now, can I get any plainer than that? No secret Chinese plan, they are very open about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Not at all but lets see if I can be blunt!

China WILL attempt to take Taiwan by force in the next 15 years or so. WHEN that happens the USA will stop it. We are treaty bound to do so.

Now, that being said, there is the chance of the communists taking a fall and that China and Taiwan could end up doing what East and West Germany did, the same goes for the Korea's.

Now, can I get any plainer than that? No secret Chinese plan, they are very open about it.

The USA might not even be in a position to defend china.
Bombers would be extremely useful in a fight with the USA in that situation.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The USA might not even be in a position to defend china.
Bombers would be extremely useful in a fight with the USA in that situation.

To defend Taiwan? Yes we will be......and to really piss you off probably with the UK there also.

No a Bomber is a strategic weapon that in the case of the Chinese would require air superiority to have them survive and at the moment they do not even have the technology to make it possible to have it, but if you sell it to them they will gladly buy it and copy it. Hell you will probably build the factories.

the best way to deal with China is exactly what we have been doing, let them build their economy until they can not afford to have a war, sooner or later the communist will loose power and then things will improve..

Time is what they need but that time is short, just how big is their economy?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

To defend Taiwan? Yes we will be......and to really piss you off probably with the UK there also.
Yeah the UK will be involved since we cant do ANY operations unless in a co-alition....they actually define the role of the RN as working cost effectively in a co-alition....

How fast can a US/UK strike force get to taiwan?
2-3 days?

[qutoe]
No a Bomber is a strategic weapon that in the case of the Chinese would require air superiority to have them survive and at the moment they do not even have the technology to make it possible to have it, but if you sell it to them they will gladly buy it and copy it. Hell you will probably build the factories.

They have numbers to survive, a bomber is a strategic weapon same as ANY weapon.
If we DONT sell them weapons then they will just buy them off russa, would you rather have uncontrolled sales rather than us controlling the sales?

the best way to deal with China is exactly what we have been doing, let them build their economy until they can not afford to have a war, sooner or later the communist will loose power and then things will improve..

...... they are not comunist.
They wont loose power.......

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

...... they are not comunist.They wont loose power.......

I dont know how you can claim this with a straight face? Of course they have market reforms in full swing but you still buy this crap?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I dont know how you can claim this with a straight face? Of course they have market reforms in full swing but you still buy this crap?

Mabye because its true???
The only crap I see is the reasons you give me for NOT believeing them and believing you....

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Mabye because its true???
The only crap I see is the reasons you give me for NOT believeing them and believing you....

So you contend that China is not a communist country, do I presume this to be correct?

[edit on 19-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So you contend that China is not a communist country, do I presume this to be correct?

Of course China isn't Communist right now, that would assume a left leaning political agenda.

China is very conservative at the moment, the government and the people. Communism is just a relic left over from the civil war.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Lets look at the facts....is there a left wing government in charge?
No its a dictatorship....
Is there a military controlled people aka a police state?
Yes, that means not left.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

China will only take Taiwan if Taiwan declares formal independence.

Short of that, attacking Taiwan would not be an option for the next 50 years at least.

Ironically, if China were to become a Democratic nation, it WILL take Taiwan by force. The current Authoritarian government is keeping Nationalism in check. (though it was they creation)

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Lets look at the facts....is there a left wing government in charge?
No its a dictatorship....
Is there a military controlled people aka a police state?
Yes, that means not left.

SO what communist nation did NOT have the same thing? Communist/dictatorship by the party...one in the same.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

SO what communist nation did NOT have the same thing?

There has never been ANY comunist countries...except mabye cuba which strangely seems to work..

Communist/dictatorship by the party...one in the same.

Wait now your saying that left is right and right is left?

Your telling me repuplicans and liberals are the same thing???
STOP THE PRESSES!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwaspThere has never been ANY comunist countries...except mabye cuba which strangely seems to work..

Cuba work?
Thats a laugh at best.

Originally posted by devilwaspWait now your saying that left is right and right is left?
Your telling me repuplicans and liberals are the same thing???
STOP THE PRESSES!

Not at all, I am saying that the communist countries were ran by a dictator, ever heard of Stalin? How about that freak in North Korea? Fidel ring a bell?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Cuba work?
Thats a laugh at best.

When was cuba last in a war?
When did cuba last get invaded?
They have one of the best medical services in the world.

Not at all, I am saying that the communist countries were ran by a dictator, ever heard of Stalin? How about that freak in North Korea? Fidel ring a bell?

Yeah and thats a contradiction in itself, when a dictator takes charge it becomes a dictatorship!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well it seems that Europe is relooking at the situation. Good for them.

Like I said - Bad idea

Cuba best medical care? Ok you can go their to get your health care done as it is probably better than the UK's or Canada's. Hope you don't have long waits in line!

[edit on 21-4-2005 by edsinger]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join