It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child is killed during school walk out against gun violence

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Fair enough. I don't agree.

If they are going to allow non-school activities on school grounds and then due to inadequate supervision a kid gets hurt, the school needs to accept liability. Organizers need to accept liability. The media needs to accept some of the liability. Parents who said yes need to own up to it and any parent that said yes can't blame it on others.

It's a miracle more bad things have not happened. I'm sure many children at these walkouts, just walked off and used it for an excuse to skip classes. I'd not be at all surprised if things have happened we don't know about as a direct result.

Again it's not the protest. It's the adults and partisan fanatics using the kids for political tools. Denying it just proves it even more.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

If they are going to allow non-school activities on school grounds and then due to inadequate supervision a kid gets hurt, the school needs to accept liability.

Which is EXACTLY the way it used to be....and no school event was excluded.
High School football player here .

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
originally posted by: Gothmog

Double post ?
That was strange.
edit on 4/23/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The reason it makes sense for the protests to happen on school property during school hours is because the shootings happened on school property during school hours. There’s a message in there. Do you get it?

It’s why Rosa Parks decided to exercise her civil disobedience protest on the bus — because she was discriminated against — on the bus. It’s why protesters walked into the restaurants that didn’t allow blacks and refused to leave — because those restaurants were where discrimination was happening. It’s why King led a march from Selma to the capital of Alabama— because blacks were having trouble registering to vote in Alabama.

Those are no way comparable. Find logical , reasonable comparisons.
If you use history , the Middle East , and South Africa you can find many.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

But I keep getting told that no restrictions will keep a bad guy from getting a gun. That means restrictions do no good, so what's the point in having them?

Exactly.

So if I don't carry a weapon, I have no right to go into a public place and not get shot.

You can do whatever you like, such as expecting 100% absolute safety anywhere you go. Just don't be surprised if someone else has other ideas. Hopefully that never happens, but its certainly as much of a risk as getting into a car and getting to your destination safely.

Conservatives hate peaceful demonstrations. This thread alone is evidence of that.

This thread is about a kid dying during a peaceful demonstration. I guess that kid doesn't matter because the demonstration was peaceful? I highly doubt that's your position, but these demonstrations do nothing, will accomplish nothing, and now gave an excuse for this kid to ditch school and step in front of a moving truck on a freeway.

edit on 23-4-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

- If this was not planned or endorsed, how can that response team anticipate the event? Were they expecting the students to just walk out on their own at sometime?

It was widely advertised for free in the guise of news stories:

High school students across the United States are planning to walk out of classes all day on Friday as part of the National School Walkout, a protest against what participants see as political inaction in the face of mass shootings and gun violence.

The event, which grew out of a petition on Change.org, comprises more than 2,000 walkouts nationwide, with at least one planned in every U.S. state and the District of Columbia.

With thousands of students expected to participate, here’s what you can expect from Friday’s walkout.

What to Expect From the National School Walkout for Gun Safety - NY Times

- How can it happen that 250 students decide to do a walkout on their own and the teachers are just watching. Am I dreaming or would it have been their job to restore order when this walkout was not planned and inofficial?

I'm not sure where the total of 250 for the walkout comes from, been looking and have been unable to find it; if it has been posted in the thread, beat me over the head with a link because I seem to have missed it.

I did find this:

Number of students: 1,187

Parkland Middle School

If we go with the total of 250 for the walkout, that's a touch over 21% of the student population. Hardly a huge level of support.

There was no official endorsement of the walkout at the school, but they were prepared because it had been blasted about on the news for a while before the event. If I'm not mistaken, David Hogg even helped to promote it.

I think it highly likely that this kid was just tagging along with some friends, perhaps even older classmates and didn't give a hoot as to why, they just knew they had an easy out for not being in class.

Sad too, because he almost seems forgotten about in the aftermath.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But I keep getting told that no restrictions will keep a bad guy from getting a gun. That means restrictions do no good, so what's the point in having them?

So if I don't carry a weapon, I have no right to go into a public place and not get shot.

Conservatives hate peaceful demonstrations. This thread alone is evidence of that.

The demonstration was peaceful until well meaning but inept teachers allowed a student to be killed by an innocent victim of their well intentioned idiocy.

And that particular school should be held accountable. That doesn't mean that all the other protests at all the other schools that were better planned and executed shouldn't have happened.

Had no schools participated on the naval gazing exercise the only thing that wpuld change would be that this student wouldnt be dead, and the man who struck him would not be a victim of governmental ineptitude

I'm curious, if the school organized a walk for educational purposes like say to see the traffic, and a child gets run over, where should the blame get focused?

I ask because my child goes for walks around the neighborhood as part of school activities...

The school is liable for the child that they legally compel to be present for indoctrina, er....education.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

The demonstration was peaceful until well meaning but inept teachers allowed a student to be killed by an innocent victim of their well intentioned idiocy.

And that particular school should be held accountable. That doesn't mean that all the other protests at all the other schools that were better planned and executed shouldn't have happened.

Had no schools participated on the naval gazing exercise the only thing that wpuld change would be that this student wouldnt be dead, and the man who struck him would not be a victim of governmental ineptitude

I'm curious, if the school organized a walk for educational purposes like say to see the traffic, and a child gets run over, where should the blame get focused?

I ask because my child goes for walks around the neighborhood as part of school activities...

The school is liable for the child that they legally compel to be present for indoctrina, er....education.

Absolutely, hell you get penalized if you miss too many indoctrination days .

Regardless the school is liable, I find it bizarre that the reason for the walk has been criticized here, if they went for a walk to study traffic, (which incidentally my girlfriends son had a school mate die on a walk that involved counting traffic) would the same outcry and disgust be voiced?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The reality...the school claims to have not sanctioned the event. And will not be holding any staff to account as it was a truancy issue.

The hypothetical....yes. If a child dies due to negligent care id likely not be pleased
edit on 4/24/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What about the kid who is scared to go to school because they are being bullied all the time? I was one of those kids. Guess what it still happens. Nobody has done sh!t about it. I hear about kids getting bullied all the time. My niece pulled her boy from school for awhile because the school had no idea how to handle bullies politically correctly. SO yeah let's take guns away from people who didn't break the law and leave the problem in the schools to fester more.
That is how dumb we are as a country.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Th enumber 250 is from your own post, look at the first quote in your post (that I replied to).

There was no official endorsement of the walkout at the school, but they were prepared because it had been blasted about on the news for a while before the event. If I'm not mistaken, David Hogg even helped to promote it.

This is what happens when the school system bends over to the demands of the media. They (the media) used them for their 24/7 newscycle.

(post by ATSAlex removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, because counting the traffic wasn't an anti gun protest during school hours.

Big difference.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

What about the kid who is scared to go to school because they are being bullied all the time?

They are now called bullies and are punished by the school, while those who do the bullying are protected thanks to 'anti-bullying' policies. That is the reality behind the same ideology that says this child is responsible for his own behavior, or that the school is not responsible for the actions taken by the teachers with implied school consent during school hours.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The organizers should be held criminally liable for this.

Using middle school kids to push a GD political agenda,and they got someone killed.

An 11 year old.

Not old enough to vote.

A decade to young to buy a firearm.

Used as a pawn.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The best course of action is to sue the school principle and teachers who participated in these walk outs. An 11 year old school child has very little self control and follows blindly. The child is easily made to fear retribution if they do not conform or comply. The school staff knows this very well!

The duties of the school staff is to educate their students in a safe space. It seems as if these tenants have failed by moving the whole school on to the city streets. They are not being educated but indoctrinated. They were not in a safe place or their safety was not be observed which constitutes malpractice on behalf of the school staff. The adults should be held accountable and punished as to making activism in schools unthinkable. Educate and protect our children...that is what you were hired to do. Activism in public schools should be viewed the same a molestation...illegal.

Public schools do not have the rite to indoctrinate our kids against the will of the parents.

edit on 24-4-2018 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So, 11 year old children are being used as pawns in a protest they fulling do not understand because the liberal teachers want to stand in protest? Now a child has been killed due to their neglect. This is sickening, that adults who are suppose to protect these child, cause the death of one because of their politic views.

All those involved in the organization of the walk-out and those responsible for this child's death should pay severely. These children have no idea what they are being forced to do.

If it was high school students, I would have a different view because they are responsible to understand what they are protesting, but elementary school, come on, use some some good intelligence and common sense.

Makes me ask the question, what ages were out on the street, K - 5, 5 years old - 11 years old children? Geesh!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

Using the anti-gun logic, all gun owners and the NRA are responsible for school shootings so logic would dictate that whoever organized this event and supported it along with the school that allowed it to happen all have this kids blood on their hands. But no...their logic only applies to things and people they don't like, never themselves.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Regardless the school is liable, I find it bizarre that the reason for the walk has been criticized here, if they went for a walk to study traffic, (which incidentally my girlfriends son had a school mate die on a walk that involved counting traffic) would the same outcry and disgust be voiced?

Criticized by some. I'm criticizing the politicization of minor children and using them for political ends. Which side uses them matters not to me, it only matters they are used this way. To deny there are adult puppet masters pulling the strings would be naive.

Yes, if a kid gets harmed due to inadequate supervision, what they are doing does not matter. The school is liable. In particular if it's a non-school event while under their supervision. Then doubly so.

Life for high school aged kids in particular does not need the hate and divisiveness piled on top of trying to score well to get in a good school, puberty, dating and peer pressure. I'd go as far as to label parents who are not intervening as incompetent and caring more about their own partisan crap than they do the kids.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

I know, right? I mean, an 11 year old doesn't understand fully what a gun is or what it can do. There are parents out there letting their 11 year olds handle guns! Sickening, and those parents should be put in jail. An 11 year old could die from a gun that he can't possibly fully understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join