It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child is killed during school walk out against gun violence

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Personally I've never taken part in any protest.

I remember my teacher trying to convince me and my friends that we should march in favour of the minimum wage when I was at school and we were like...pff, yeah right you old crusty!

I was 16 and still not interested in anything political, music, art, computers, movies, sport, women, drinking, fighting...these were the things what interested us at that age. Little boys we were - only sixteen.

Last protest I witnessed was the afore mentioned pro independence debacle at George square, pathetic it was. Like a mardi gras.

I remember an anti brexit one not long before that - were idiots on both sides partied and runk for several hours before engaging in conflict and destruction. They seemed happy at first, loving that carnival atmos until the alcohol took over then they were all really angry and there was fistiicuffs, fire and damaged property.

Other peoples property, of course. Don't sh*t on your own doorstep!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It just struck me how bad it would be if protesting was actually effective.

Dead soldiers funerals would be a hotbed of homophobia thanks to the Westboro lot.

The humanity.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: verschickter

Whatever dude. If I have to worry about people shooting at me when I'm at the movies or in a mall or in a church or an outside music venue or in a public school or at a freaking Waffle house, I'm gonna complain about it to everybody. And no one is going to tell me I don't have a right to.

Answer me this one question please. How do you intend to keep guns out of criminal hands? They are not overly complicated things, people make them in the jungles south of the border and send them over, this is done without a machine shop. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to make guns with access to a machine shop. Not to mention with 3d printing improvements it really won't be long before you can just print one with the click of a button. Tell me how banning guns will stop any of that? Tell me how criminals won't have guns?

I see you want someone to tell you that you don't have a right to complain, it is your right...just as it's mine to keep and bear arms, despite what some idiot does with one. I don't think I want to hear your opinion, so I should take away your right to free speech. If you think the 1st will stand if the 2nd falls... Chip chip chip away at everyone's rights until we have none.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe they're not chipping away at your rights.

Maybe they're trying to convince the adults of tomorrow that they don't need certain rights. They tried the former tactic and it has never worked.

It's a clever trick - here, little boy. You are only a little boy! I will tell you what your rights are...and I'll tell you which ones are bad and which ones aren't.

Get 'em while they're young and the possibilities are endless.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
Have you ever taken part in a protest, kayla?

If so, what was your mood and what was the atmosphere like among the protestors?

Yes. It was peaceful and no one got hurt. That's the case in the majority of peaceful protests.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
poor kid. sad to die so young.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Exactly.

Indoctrination centers is what the schools are turning into. The personal politics of the teachers and school, do not need to be impressed upon the kids, if I catch wind of a teacher doing that to my kids I won't stand for it. The schools here where I live at least seem to not want to push the walkouts, if they were not pushed by the MSM, I guarantee you they wouldn't do it here. At least when they did, the students were allowed to assemble in the gym. My son opted out with no pressure from me...which I was surprised, thought he would want out of class.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It all makes sense, really. I'm surprised it took them to long to figure it out, christians got that sh*t down cold years ago.

Take all the things you want to see become more common and teach kids that those things are good. Even if one in four kids is resistant to the doctrine (it's probably far less than 1 in 4) then you're guaranteed that your ideology will have a reasonably large number of subscribers in say 20-30 years.

This is absolutely working and we've see the evidence over the last 10 or so years.

The protests, the debates, that's all smoke and mirrors. They learned many years ago that it was a debate they could not win so changed tact. All of the things they want for the future are beginning to become more and more apparent with each new generation of young adults.

We now have a world where, on one hand we're expected to play make believe and live a lie or triggered children in grown up bodies will throw temper tantrums. Were expected to accept and encourage mentally ill mindsets on one hand but to abhor the side effects on the other.

That's the probelm with this ideology that's being pushed...it's full of bizarre contradictions.

We should accept and tolerate even the very things that are bringing about our demise...it's several shades of effed up.

This thread is a perfect example - starts off about some poor kid who was killed having been pulled into an adult situation with grown ass adults and being hit by another grown ass adult in a car. Before the end of page 1 it because another gun debate thread that went on for 15 or so pages.

the kid became an after thought.

But the most telling part - the left, the ones who claim to be the liberal, caring and righteous side happily forgot about the kid when it came to scoring petty points in the political debate that ensued.

True colours everywhere! I'd love to say it was like a kaleidoscope, or a rainbow...sadly the colorous are various shades of yellow and brown - not pretty.
edit on 23/4/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
Have you ever taken part in a protest, kayla?

If so, what was your mood and what was the atmosphere like among the protestors?

Yes. It was peaceful and no one got hurt. That's the case in the majority of peaceful protests.

Cool, was it like a part-ay?

Were you jovial?

My mental image of a protest nowadays is one or two genuinely unhappy people fighting for a cause and like a couple of hundred other people dressed up like they're at a carnival in rio, dancing an' ting. Dressing up in costumes and guy fawkes masks, all gawping and grinning.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So here is the world according to conservatives:

We should let anyone have a gun with no restrictions because the bad guys are going to get them anyway.

I do not have any rights when it comes to being shot in public.

I should shut up about not wanting to be shot up in public places and so should kids who don't want to be shot up at school.

Sounds like a post apocalyptic world to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It all comes down to what part of "SHALL not be infringed" don't you understand.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

We should let anyone have a gun with no restrictions because the bad guys are going to get them anyway.

I should shut up about not wanting to be shot up in public places and so should kids who don't want to be shot up at school.

Sounds exactly like the world we already live in.

I must have slept through the apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Grambler

Parents entrusted the school to teach and keep their child safe and the school failed! Home school your children folks! I knew something like this would happen.

Like really ?

Accidents happen but don't turn this into ammunition for your political agenda that's just poor form.

The walkout was political ammunition. And the children are being used for it.
edit on 23-4-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thing is, kayla - I actually agree with some of your points.

I reckon more should be done to analyse someones mental state before allowing them to own a gun.

Just as we expect someone to pass their driving test in order to drive a car, it's perfectly reasonable.

My only real qualm here is that this thread is about something else...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Show me anyone that agrees with that.

You have the right to defend yourself in anyway necessary if you are in immediate danger. This includes a firearm.

See above. Also, show me a conservative that has said this, and I'll show you 20 lefties that want anyone that disagrees to be shutdown.

Then you know nothing, Jon Snow.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The problem is how do we limit someones right to buy a gun, without falsely classifying someone as mentally ill.
For example, some believe Trump voters are mentally ill, and some believe the people crying and screaming after the election are mentally ill.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

The problem is how do we limit someones right to buy a gun, without falsely classifying someone as mentally ill.
For example, some believe Trump voters are mentally ill, and some believe the people crying and screaming after the election are mentally ill.

And that there is the slippery slope. That is why the Second Amendment clearly states "shall not be infringed". I have heard of no way to restrict fire arm ownership without infringing on someones rights.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If the school had taken a stance of "we are here for education, not protests, for any reason, one way or the other." This young boy would still be here. It is not an issue of inadequacy of keeping track of the children during the protest. This protest or any other protest, for or against any subject, should not be the schools responsibility to condone, organize, or permit. That is not what they are there for, they should be neutral in all situations.

This poor boy is dead, and his parents grieving because the protest was not only allowed, but condoned and organized.

Had the School simply said "no", this would not have happened. That is a FACT that can't be disputed.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

That's the trick, isn't it.

Sady I'm not clever enough to answer that. And I get your point for sure, just like we wouldn't want to take everyones driving license from them because we can't figure out if one particular person can drive safely - we can't deny reasonably minded people the right to own a gun to protect themselves.

Kayla is a mash of bizarre contradictions to be honest. I remember liberal folks back in the 80's and 90's and they were mostly well balanced and had a firm and consistent ideology.

Modern liberalism is like a frankensteins monster of bizarre components that often times directly oppose one another.

Example...kayla expresses their fear of possibly being shot. Now, if that were me and I lived in a country where I could get a gun, I'd get one. It would be piece of mind and might actually be useful, you could save your own or possibly other peoples lives.

Yet kayla seems to advocate the removal of the right to own a gun, despite the fact that denying yourself and many others that right will not remove you from the potential danger of being shot.

It don't make no sense. It's bizarre.

But it is pretty reasonable to say that there should be a better way of controlling who can own a gun. Take the driving license analogy - if a person fails their test they don't get the license. Nobody thinks that's a harsh decision, it's sensible and reasonable.

I know they're different, cars and guns - but both can be seriously dangerous if not handled correctly. If they ain't gonna do anything about the availability of guns to some degree then I want my driving license! I shouldn't have to prove jack # about my ability to drive safely.

Seems like a legit analogy, I'm not really pro or anti gun, I don't think about them to be honest.

Right now my thoughts on guns are - I don't think about them because our rights to own them were taken when I was still quite young. I didn't care at the time, you might say I was apathetic...so there's perhaps another point I agree with kayla on.

Maybe if I has someone urging me to step out of that apathetic stupor I might have campainged against the banning of hand guns in the UK following Dunblane. But I was young and carefree, ignorant...plus them kids that got shot.

My final thoughts on guns - since this was never really meant to be a gun debate thread - is that maybe we got set up back then. Mayne it was all engineered t take our rights from us, a false flag or something - but probably not, guess I'll never know.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Forgive me for posting on topic, but...

The problem here is the use of children as political pawns. No way was something like this not going to happen at some point. It simply does not matter what the cause is, kids in school being used as political pawns is just plain old fashioned wrong.

The schools allowing it are badly managed by people without even basic common sense, or this would not be going on. I mean who is kidding who here, the teachers and administrators are using these children for their own political agenda's. Pretending otherwise is just naive or purposeful ignorance.

The media is also partially to blame for this death. Lord knows they have been using children big time. Even worse the parents who allow their children to be used.

Are we so far down the rabbit hole that people place politics above what's right for their own children?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join