It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Markings on Scaled Composites' ARES Confirms link to Model 401 Jets (plus chemtrail trolling)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Scaled composites recently had its ARES (Agile Responsive Effective Support) aircraft that is about 30 years old at the Mohave Experimental flyin. The War Zone has already talked about the recently flown Model 401 jets and the ARES highlighting the lineage. A sticker on the ARES seems to confirm this (or at least they have fun with) showing that minivan style "family" stickers with all three aircraft and a worlds greatest dad inscription.

They also throw some shade on the chemtrail crowd with the panel also labled "Chemtrail Tank 30 gallons" LOL
www.thedrive.com...

edit on 4/22/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

That's pretty cool. I bet it's even more cool for people who know what those planes are and why there are 3, and 2 are the same. But I get the general idea. I was just wondering why they didn't make a dad, mom, and child. You know, a large, medium, and small instead of a large and two smalls. But obviously these three aircraft have some kind of a relationship.

Anyway, thanks for sharing bud! The chemtrail part is funny as well.
I will administer 1.5 laughs during my appropriately scheduled daily recreation minute. Yes sir! Over and out!

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

They've built two Model 401s (the children) that are high altitude observation aircraft, with a mission similar to the U-2. ARES (the father) was built as a Close Air Support aircraft on the cheap. The Model 401 borrows from ARES, but there was nothing in between the two to serve as "Mother".

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I saw what looked like an ares following a few minutes behind a anomolous fighter bomber looking craft of unknown design once flying over LA. I dunno. why would one be tagging along the other seemingly very capable looking aircraft. the anomolous aircraft looked like it would have made a good replacement for an f111 or something.
edit on 22-4-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Chase. ARES was tested for several years, and they needed some kind of chase aircraft.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

the Ares was chasing the "more interesting " aircraft. followed a minute or so behind it.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Then they were testing something related to CAS.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

bad ass if that more interesting plane also does CAS.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
F111 was a world leader in low level tactical attack.Maybe its next of kin is the same.

new topics

top topics

join