It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire Stick for the tube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I put this in the general chit chat forum because I don’t feel like this should even touch the science and technology section. If I am wrong mods please move to the proper forum topic.

So I am watching Netflix on my Firestick and went to change the volume on my tv. Whilst doing so I accidentally hit the select button on my tv remote. And that paused my show (Lost in space). I thought that was really weird and just a “glitch”. Then after about thirty minutes I decided to play around on my tv remote and realized that it can control my Firestick completely. I had no idea it could do that! Just wanted to throw this out there and see if others knew and to help other that didn’t know. Anyways this is kinda a dumb thread but could be helpful. Now instead of three remotes I only need two! YAY me

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I also just found out I can stream my main pc to it though it has some lag to it. I feel like a little kid again!

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So I guess youve seen the previews for the new movie? Or is it a new show? Shows are like movies now because the production is so good now... Like The Expanse (which Ive only seen a little of)

Also, congrats on your new discovery. I don't have one of those yet but I heart good things. I'm not really the TV person in my house, but I still appreciate good shows. My favorites are Golden Girls, and Saved By The Bell reruns.

If we could eliminate sleeping, then I could watch some good tv. But as for now, I do most of my ass-sitting in front of a mobile device, gaming or ATSing.

edit on 4/22/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I downloaded free remotes to my phone for both my tv and my fire stick. Can't do it for my cable remote but that will be leaving us soon. So instead of multiple remotes I just need my phone.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have the first version of Firestick and it works for me on my Sony T.V. remote.
I never gave this any thought at all, I hate that little Firestick remote too, and since we've had wireless remotes, I ALWAYS have tried other remotes to see if they worked for other things. Not on Firestick I didn't, so THANK YOU!
It works on Netflix and probably all of the apps that are out there when going through Firestick.

I have a Sony 55" Bravia T.V. and its remote is one that I rarely use, I do have to use it for certain things when I 'go to' Firestick.

Thanks again, that is pretty cool, I am not the T.V. watcher really, but my wife is.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I have a LG 55’ and I have complete control of my Firestick! And ya that little remote is frustrating and hard to find at night. I have lost two glasses of wine (RIP) trying to find it.

top topics

join