It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Suggests Appointment of Special Counsel Was Illegal After James Comey Leaks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm curious. What do you think about Trey Gowdy and his position on the subject?

It remains clear Russia sought to sow the seeds of discord and challenge the reliability of the 2016 election cycle. Russia is not our friend. Russia will do what it can, when it can, to undermine the foundations of our democracy.

It is also clear, based on the evidence, Russia had disdain for Secretary Clinton and was motivated in whole or in part by a desire to harm her candidacy or undermine her Presidency had she prevailed.

It is crystal clear Russia's ultimate goal was to turn Americans against Americans, undercut our confidence in the electoral process, and sow the seeds of discord. On that measure, we are in direct control—as Americans—of whether they succeed or not."
gowdy.house.gov...

REP. TREY GOWDY, R-S.C., HOUSE OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE CHAIR: I don't, and I think that president's attorney frankly does him a disservice when he says that and when he frames the investigation that way. Chris, if you look at the jurisdiction for Robert Mueller, first and foremost, what did Russia do to this country in 2016? That is supremely important, and it has nothing to do with collusion. So, to suggest that McCabe should shut down and all that he is looking at his collusion, if you have an innocent client, Mr. Dowd, act like it.

Russia attacked our country. Let special counsel Mueller figure that out. And if you believe as we have found, there’s no evidence to collusion, you should want special counsel Mueller to take all the time, and have all the independence he needs to do his job.
www.foxnews.com...

Didn't Dowd resign as Trump's attorney?

Trey only counts when he says something they like. Otherwise he is part of the deep state...until he says something else they like...the he is "one of the good guys"

Rinse and repeat

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't live in that ugly world. I know many good people.
The company you keep i guess...

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Not the same emails or server or even year...
This is a common mistake I've noticed.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I don't live in that ugly world. I know many good people.
The company you keep i guess...

Democrats will need this in about 2 weeks........😁

IN A GADDA DA VIDA

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Cognitive dissonance.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

But you're plenty okay with Mueller declaring trump is not a target before he's had an opportunity to interview him?

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Way too profound for me weed hopper.
A little less cerebral a little more layman.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

This really says it all.
How can anyone watch this and blame Trump for firing Comey?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The whole thing is obviously a farce

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: xuenchen

This really says it all.
How can anyone watch this and blame Trump for firing Comey?

You and the msm may be confused why special councils are brought up.

They are brought up when the DOJ is seen as unable to investigate due to conflicts of interest.

Jeff Sessions being part of the campaign was the biggest reason by far this happened. Add Rod firing comey for what ever reason, trump having no self control added to this, and you have a case for a special council.

If Jeff sessions declined the ag and a non campaign person was the AG I can almost gurantee there would be no special council.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

While I follow your train of points, I respectfully disagree.

Comey clearly states he leaked the memos ( illegally )
with the specific intent of the appointment of a special counsel.

This taken in the context of texts between Lisa Page ( who
was Andrew McCabe's special counsel ) and Peter Strzok
before Trump was elected that refer to "an insurance plan"
indicate a coordinated conspiracy that existed before Sessions.

edit on 23-4-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What dems are you talking about? The search was approved by a judge not the DNC. Lol.
None of this is the dems. It's the United States justice department. You guys are drinking the divisive Kool-Aid now.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Metallicus

What dems are you talking about? The search was approved by a judge not the DNC. Lol.
None of this is the dems. It's the United States justice department. You guys are drinking the divisive Kool-Aid now.

All under the heavy influence of ze democratz

Obama's little operatzion gladioz is expozed

😎

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

While I follow your train of points, I respectfully disagree.

Comey clearly states he leaked the memos ( illegally )
with the specific intent of the appointment of a special counsel.

This taken in the context of texts between Lisa Page ( who
was Andrew McCabe's special counsel ) and Peter Strzok
before Trump was elected that refer to "an insurance plan"
indicate a coordinated conspiracy that existed before Sessions.

So in other words you believe comey and the msm but not what nearly every legal expert says.

Judge napalitano a conservative libertarian on fox news has done several segments on this.

While comey may have been the last straw or a technical aspect fiensstein and others would have called for a SC and for transparency sake it would have been granted. Unless Jeff sessions was never there.....

And on if comey broke the law...

“It is clear that FBI And DOJ regulations were violated by the mere delivery of those memoranda — even if they didn’t contain anything classified, to the professor,” Napolitano said.

“This professor, Jonathan Turley, is correct there. But I think that the House Intel or Judiciary Committee is more interested in whether or not Jim Comey violated federal law. Not whether he violated D.O.J. Regs. For the simple reason that he doesn’t work for the Department of Justice anymore. They can’t do anything to him as a result of the violation of those regulations.”

“It’s going to depend upon which four of the seven memos were leaked,” Napolitano said. “Whether anything in there was classified at the time, whether it was properly classified and whether the professor exposed classified materials. I don’t think the professor did this. This law school professor is a former ranking official of the DOJ. Who once had a security clearance and knows what it is like to deal with these things.”

edit on 23-4-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join