It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: ‘Trump Agenda Is Dead’ if Democrats Win Majority in 2018

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yea, the Repubs have those now. But look at how fast the Repubs like Ryan are bailing out. Problem for them is that Trump isnt really a Repub and most dont identify with him.

Its really possible that the "Blue Wave" will sink the Repubs.....maybe not, but they have one significant problem.......Trump has drastically energized the opposition. I am not for or against Trump, but one thing has been made obvious, and that is that for the most part, the Repubs are a bunch of empty suits.

You do realize that almost all of the Repubs that are bailing are Progressive?

This is actually a really good thing for the Republican party... get some actual conservatives in.

And one thing you forget... the Progressives on both sides of the isle have really REALLY energized the independents.

Hint... Dems are not getting any this cycle. Have fun trying to win with 22% of the voters.

Which for Dems actually means 36% of the vote, between greyhound-bussed to 6 precincts voters, dead voters, non-citizen voters, etc.

Still a loss.
edit on 21-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The Dems will get back a few seats here and there, but unless the economy drops, there is a war or a big time Trump scandal don't see it happening. Of course that just means the DNC will be stridently trying to get one or go for for the trifecta to save their high paying jobs the next 2 years, instead of actually seeking compromises in government that the country could use in a lot of areas. America got vows of never working together and screaming at every tweet. Thats a losing game it just motivates Trump's base, when if they wanted gains they should have lulled it to sleep.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: xuenchen

Damn. Talk about dodging a bullet...Jeeezuzzz!

Rumor has it that there were a few people brain-damaged enough to actually vote for this shrub...

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: TonyS

You have to run on something though... not trump.. not republican... we will repeal the tax cuts, and try to get rid of guns, and open the borders to all.

Well there you have it the DNC platform, not exactly a platform built to sway independents, and without them the Dems have little shot to take what 25 or 28 seats needed to flip the house.

Don’t forget transgenderism, global warmingchange, world gov as they jockey for seats of power by talking large about the real ‘issues’, which they dictate ad nauseum so we ‘get it’,
and, of course, that world class militant policestate to keep us down at the farm. All the things that matter...to progressives.

And a lot of hiilary dindu nuffin’ because if she skates, all dem criminal acts get a wash.

# 969
edit on 22-4-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

#969 was a good one.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yea, the Repubs have those now. But look at how fast the Repubs like Ryan are bailing out. Problem for them is that Trump isnt really a Repub and most dont identify with him.

Its really possible that the "Blue Wave" will sink the Repubs.....maybe not, but they have one significant problem.......Trump has drastically energized the opposition. I am not for or against Trump, but one thing has been made obvious, and that is that for the most part, the Repubs are a bunch of empty suits.

You do realize that almost all of the Repubs that are bailing are Progressive?

This is actually a really good thing for the Republican party... get some actual conservatives in.

And one thing you forget... the Progressives on both sides of the isle have really REALLY energized the independents.

Hint... Dems are not getting any this cycle. Have fun trying to win with 22% of the voters. Which for Dems actually means 36% of the vote, between greyhound-bussed to 6 precincts voters, dead voters, non-citizen voters, etc.

Still a loss.

The independent voters are by nature centrist.
That is why they are not committing to either party.

With that in mind, it should worry ANY party losing centrist members, that the independent voters became the largest voter segment this past election cycle.

There are more independents than republicans.
There are more independents than democrats.

I hence don't share your interpretation; GOP should indeed be worried that it is losing its progressives.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Apathy is dangerous...

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bernie is right.

The dems will push for higher taxes, open borders, gun bans, censorship, and a dissolution of the Constitution.

But what LIES will Democrats promise in their campaign speeches? They certainly can't win elections by telling the truth regarding their plans for America.
edit on 4/22/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think they even care to lie any more.

They have a large enough base of support that also doesn't care about the Constitution, Bill of Rights.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

LOL! The number of Republicans in the House and Senate could double and the Democrats would still be claiming that Trump's agenda is dead! That tune is never going to change!

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Anyone want to wager that when they flip 5-10 seats at best they will immediately begin a new round of obvious collusion to prevent their rise as a party?

Ill give it 72 hours after the midterms that new allegations of collusion begins.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Interesting reply, thanks, but I dont know or understand why you think the Dems wont pick up the Independents, and.....I dont really know that the only Repubs bailing are Progressive, they look to me to be the typical Establishment type Repubs.

I dunno, when I get home I will have to take a closer look at the some 27 that have decided to retire.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Good reply and I am mostly with you except I really dont think Trump can move the Repubs. They are fossilised and genuinely "empty suits". They do nothing. From where I sit, it appears to me the Repub party is pretty much hollowed out.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That Bernie dude has an amazing ability to perceive the obvious. We wuz robbed!

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The Trump agenda?

Like build a wall? Get rid of Obamacare? Fix America's infrastructure?

Sorry Bernie, no need for mid-terms to derail anything. Business as usual in DC is killing things just fine. Probably no differently than if you had been elected. Different goals I'm sure but once they had met the oligarch/cronyism/fiscal madness reality? DOA.

Who do you really think is in charge Bern? Didn't you figure that out when you got boned at the convention?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Well, the Republicans are screwing everyone over right now, under Trump.

What am I talking about?

1) Another war no one wanted or asked for, and only the terminally dullwitted agree with, given the paucity of hard evidence confirming any of the claims made against the Assad regime, a war which only the already well off will benefit from, while creating the next decades worth of terrorists, by orphaning innocent children in action which winds up with the death of their non-combatant parents, siblings, cousins and the like.

2) Selling out, as he was always going to, to the big businesses, the oil companies, the energy industry, the people who have been buying and selling the people of the United States for decades, in the form of unreasonably top heavy tax breaks for those who do not need the assistance of government, and table scraps for everyone else.

3) Destroying proper discussion and discourse for a generation, by utilising his primary method of communication, which is to rant like a toddler when he does not get his way, and bully people when he does, while using frankly childish language to perform both, disrespecting the family of a war hero, and grabbing all the *you know exactly what* in sight, all while demanding that any consequences arising from his actions, ought to be considered null and void because of his executive status. His approach ensures that his followers either consider others snowflakes for being offended by their racist tirades, or, when under just rebuke from their fellow countrymen, get pissy themselves and start crying about it on Twitter. Like special little snowflakes.

4) He presided over the government of the United States during the time that Net Neutrality was taken out the back and shot by the traitorous dog that is Ajit Pai, an action which I KNOW many HONEST right wingers here will readily admit they were dead against, and many dishonest ones will try and advocate for after the fact, despite having been strongly against any change to the way the internet operates previously, citing a faux desire for "freedom", when what they really wanted was their team on the tiller arm.

5) He has screwed the religious fundamentalists too, the right wing bible thumpers, the deluded mob of them all of a piece. He has no respect whatsoever for the vows he took before God when being married, and now serves as an example to all the world of how right wing American double standards work in that regard. A republican President, who was endorsed by lord alone knows how many self interested, pseudo-religious idiots with persecution complexes, showing exactly how little morals and ethics, principles and faith, REALLY matter to the American religious fundamentalist, as long as he is saying the right (wrong) things about people who are different colours and from other countries, or worship the same God, just differently.

I could go on, but the man ceased to interest me all that much, frankly. Its still very interesting that his followers are still clamouring for him, despite the fact that he is none of the things they have said he is, and everything that his detractors were worried about him being.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

-Zero-

😁

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Try again.

You appear to have created an entirely minimal post, containing no actual information, and no actual reply to any of the points made. Please try again.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

-zilch-

-nutink-

🎁🔑

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I know, dude! Good times, right?

new topics

<< 1    3 >>