It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecting NK's change of heart with Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is merely supposition but merits comment.

NK's announcement came after the strike in Syria'. Perhaps not a coincidence. We seen a thread wondering what the CIA told the bowling ball' in their meeting. Perhaps no more than "watch Syria" and see what happens.

An extremely accurate strike that was not slowed or blocked whatsoever. They also saw that Russia's bellicose rhetoric in asserting that Russia would defend Syria didn't occur as well. If Putin gave similar assurances to NK, that card fell by the wayside.

S-300s and S-400s either weren't used or proven ineffective. Same result either way.

I've asserted in an earlier thread that the strike wouldn't be lost on other world players. This 'may' be evidence of it. Likely not the only factor in NK's announced move, but it won't be lost on NK that Trump backs his 'lines in the sand. It is no longer 'sand'. Closer to lines in concrete, than constantly moving 'sand'.

We will never know the 'rest of the story' but I suggest that hit in Syria played a role, even if only 'the straw on the camel's back'.

NK is either playing for time and not really looking at stopping their ICBM development or they actually are. Either way, I'm betting 'Syria' played a role in that decision.

Thoughts?
edit on 21-4-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If the Russian reports concerning missiles launched v. missiles that struck their target is true, then the attacks last week were a huge success for Russian and Syrian air defense systems.

I'm skeptical that NK's mind was changed by the US attacks. Likely they already knew the US bombs and kills as it pleases.

My bet is that SK somehow convinced NK to take the new position it has.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
If the Russian reports concerning missiles launched v. missiles that struck their target is true, then the attacks last week were a huge success for Russian and Syrian air defense systems.

I'm skeptical that NK's mind was changed by the US attacks. Likely they already knew the US bombs and kills as it pleases.

My bet is that SK somehow convinced NK to take the new position it has.

I wouldn't doubt SK's role in this at all. A definite factor.

I laugh at the spin that Syrian-Russian defense system were a huge success.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

If anyone thinks Lil' Kim is going to give up his nukes, they are nuts.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

If I had the choice between keeping my nukes and surviving in relative comfort, I'd probably give them up.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

If I had the choice between keeping my nukes and surviving in relative comfort, I'd probably give them up.

Cant say I disagree with you, but nukes ensure his security.

The US won't attack of there is a chance of LA or Seattle being evaporated.
edit on 21-4-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

That seems to be he general result of nuking up. IF that delivery system is in place.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I am puzzled by the pics of the more then a few cruse missiles that supposedly hit that research facility . I haven't looked at the damage to the other 2 targets but if the damage that was shown is any indicator then those were very weak bombs . And to add to that the lack of collateral damage says to me that something is off on the narrative . NK is another strange narrative . Who knew that Nancy Peloski and a few others have been visiting the place for some time now . I though it was only basketball players that got to go in .

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

LOL! rep controlled Gov. sacrificing LA or Seattle would benefit R TURNOUt and give EC advantages.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

C missiles in demo mode not High ex mode. to not spread the chems.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Sure if you're smoking rocks.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

LOL! rep controlled Gov. sacrificing LA or Seattle would benefit R TURNOUt and give EC advantages.

Now that's harsh....LMAO

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I don't see the two as connected , North Korea's change in stance started before the Syria strike and really nothing has changed.
Kim is desperate for the meeting with Trump to go ahead as it will play very well with his people so he is putting things on the table to ensure the meeting happens , Trump has already said if he thought Kim was insincere he wouldn't go so it's basically Kim uncovering what Trump wants and saying "look at the shiny " , Trump wants the shiny for obvious reasons.

The prospect of the meeting offers a ray of hope but it also is fraught with danger , it's a bold but potentially reckless move by Trump but we'll have to wait to see how it plays out to decide if we praise or damn him for it.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

its not the real NK leader they have put a clone in his place when he went to china .......

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don't see the two as connected , North Korea's change in stance started before the Syria strike and really nothing has changed.
Kim is desperate for the meeting with Trump to go ahead as it will play very well with his people so he is putting things on the table to ensure the meeting happens , Trump has already said if he thought Kim was insincere he wouldn't go so it's basically Kim uncovering what Trump wants and saying "look at the shiny " , Trump wants the shiny for obvious reasons.

The prospect of the meeting offers a ray of hope but it also is fraught with danger , it's a bold but potentially reckless move by Trump but we'll have to wait to see how it plays out to decide if we praise or damn him for it.

I'm inclined to praise Trump either way. At least he made the attempt.

As far as influencing the NK decision, I'd point out that the talks had been on a back channel level. The 20th announcement came from the official NK medium.

It is speculation on my part and can't be proven either way. If I had to make a call on it, I still lean to the strike enhanced the decision process rather than hurt it. JMO, though.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This has less to do with Syria and more to do with him visit Emperor Xi here in Beijing a few weeks back.

I'm willing to bet Xi said bargain, disarm, and let us help you integrate doing what China has done,

or

We let Trump bomb the hell out of you and you get dragged out of a bunker and shot or strung up.

No way on Earth Xi would put China between the US and Korea. China has too much to lose and nothing to gain by that. They are playing hard for their "China 2020" and "China 2050" initiatives. Kicking off WW3 doesn't fit into those.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well, one side or the other is telling the truth. Pentagon, or Kremlin? I'll never know, but given the historical record of the former, I'm going with the latter.

In truth, it's likely that both sides are exaggerating.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

god help NK if they do anything to any US political figure let alone a sitting president, they would be extinct and they know it.

i have to agree the recent strike has nothing to do with NK.

i think something happened at the olympics or before to scare them enough to behave with the world

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: projectvxn

Well, one side or the other is telling the truth. Pentagon, or Kremlin? I'll never know, but given the historical record of the former, I'm going with the latter.

In truth, it's likely that both sides are exaggerating.

If the Pentagon weren't telling the truth, how come the 3 target areas are now smoking holes in the ground? If 71 cruise missiles had been shot down, how come there aren't at least 70+ pictures of Raytheon-linked debris strewn around non-target areas for the Russians to brag about?

I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but come on now - those pesky cruise missiles sure have a habit of hitting their mark. Look back to that Syrian airbase last year - the missiles were bang on precise, literally down the chimney spot on.

On the other hand, the only conclusive thing we know about Russian SAMs, like the Buk, is that they are particularly adept at bringing down airliners with massive loss of civilian life. As for the effectiveness of newer S400 systems vs cruise missiles/storm shadows etc - pictures or it didn't happen.

Personally, I don't hold up much hope of NK keeping their promise, because it's happened many times before. The fact that the West happened to make a strike against the Chemical weapons sites the day or so before is coincidental in my opinion.

Though if you were Kim Jong, you might be forgiven for having the odd twitch, no?

Which brings me on to my next point. Nobody wants to wake up to a fiery nuclear holocaust in the morning. The Russians were our Allies during WW2. We should remember that and make an enduring bid for reconciliation. Things got better for a long while - it could again.

Each time the West carried out strikes, the de-confliction lines were used. The reality is this: the cruise missiles got through. Probably 99% of them. The other 1% failed under warranty!

Now imagine the sky was full of ICBMs, warheads raining down at hyper-sonic speeds - far harder to take out than a cruise missile. Would either side be able to stop them? Putin's smart warheads are likely unstoppable and it would quite literally be Mutually Assured Destruction for us all. Game over. Nuclear winter. ELE. We really don't want Kim Jong throwing his into the mix as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

North Korea are having a serious problem with the extended winter, food is scarce again. The longer it goes on the more unrest will occur and the more he will have to police his own people. He's taken the pragmatic option dictated by the moment.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join