It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manned Space Exploration...Why?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You know thats why i thought space was such a big space, because we humans need space from each other, !

we could easily separate humanity into our various interest groups !

there is more than enough space for every religion, belief, cult , sports club etc , there is enough space we could have an entire galaxy each and never cross swords with each other again!

we are so socially programmed and need interaction with other humans or we go mad , yet we also need to have space away from each other to wind down , we are a paradox

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe

At the same time though I suggest we pilot this scheme of new colonies with sea based colonies in international waters!

we have the technology to build floating city mega structures, which would serve as good pilot schemes for off world colonies
as the colony can be treated as if its in the harsh environment of space!

limited everything !

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

"we are a paradox."

Wrapped in mystery, inside an enigma, but perhaps there is a key of sorts.

We might even find it one day if the Holographic principle turns out to hold any weight.

Which current leading edge mathematics seems to suggest may just be the case.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Think of sci-fi as humanities to do list.

I'm stealing that line.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Okay, but now you're talking about a whole other paradigm. You're talking about separating human conciousness from the physical human being.

If we can do that, what is the purpose of the physical human in the equation?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The purpose may be as simple as us creating the next iteration of the Human condition, thus birth the next part of the equation.

Biology has its limitations, especially where longevity and space travel are concerned.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What have i learned from this?

Nothing?

I could carry on with the subject of how to sustain long term space living. But. I don't believe even that's possible. And, starving to death is not very attractive.

So, i think any serious attempt at a venture like this (other than publicity stunts) is just pissing against the solar wind.

What i think is impossible. Someone else says it is. And someone will try to make it possible. That's how we'll get to wherever we reach.

This has been the best thread on ATS in light years.

Here's a logistics problem.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well if multiverse theory turns out to be the case, and we ever devise a means of dimensional travel, then we would not need to even find another planet.

We could simply travel to another Earth, in another reality, where life never became sentient in the same manner as our own Earth.

That really would be a place resembling the garden of Eden.

edit on 23-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

We've messed this place up. That's true. But, it still might be the closest you're gonna get to your garden of eden in the whole universe.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

But not if it's a multiverse.

If so Eden could be literally right next door and we would never know it was there.

And it's not my garden of Eden, i was just using the place as an example, hell could be only 2 doors down.
LoL
edit on 23-4-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes. But multiverse isn't the topic.

But. i do like the idea of multiverses.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Kind of is the topic if somewhat by default considering we are talking about the exploration of the universe.

Our universe may be only one of an infinite number.

Why would we stop at the exploration of our own?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Why would we stop at the exploration of our own?

We can't even get to Mars.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I think you may find that Voyager One made it a hell of a lot further than Mars.

And we have sent probes and rovers to Mars.

A manned craft will be somewhat more complicated with let's just say rather a higher degree of tolerance required to meet human requirements, but its hardly an impossible engineering achievement, considering we have been to the Moon.

Manned Mars missions might happen as soon as 2030 should we decide to get our act together.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think you may find that Voyager One made it a hell of a lot further than Mars.

And we have sent probes and rovers to Mars.

A manned craft will be somewhat more complicated with let's just say rather a higher degree of tolerance required to meet human requirements, but its hardly an impossible engineering achievement, considering we have been to the Moon.

Manned Mars missions might happen as soon as 2030 should we decide to get our act together.

The topic is manned space exploration.

I don't think anyone disputes what a machine can do or go.

As for Mars suicide mission by 2030. I won't hold my breath.

But. You never know.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I don't think the reason why will ever be the same for everyone. Everybody has their own little universe in their head. Let's say there is a family on their way to the local supermarket. Everyone in the car is going to the same place for the same basic reason which is to go shopping. While on their way to the supermarket everyone has their mind on something different. Timmy wants a race car, little susy wants a doll, mom wants a new mop and dad wants food. Idk I guess my point is that saving the human race is just as good a reason as any to be the basic reason, we can all have our little selfish sub reasons

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So what happens when we manage to merge our own consciousness with a machine digital mind?

Space travel and/or the travel time/distance between the stars certainly becomes somewhat more viable, does it not?

The way AI is heading that might actually become a distinct possibility sometime around the turn of the singularity which will almost ensure within the next 50-100 years present technological pace continuing of course and as long as we don't manage to destroy ourselves.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So what happens when we manage to merge our own consciousness with a machine digital mind?

Space travel and/or the travel time/distance between the stars certainly becomes somewhat more viable, does it not?

The way AI is heading that might actually become a distinct possibility sometime around the turn of the singularity which will almost ensure within the next 50-100 years present technological pace continuing of course and as long as we don't manage to destroy ourselves.

What stars?

The light we see is years ago. No certainty that the star from where we see the light even exists anymore.

Again. The topic is manned. AI bastardisation is not the topic.

It's not my thread. But i'm sure you can ask flyingclaydisk questions when he comes back on.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So you imagine that there are no other stars out there that are still burning or within a distance of our ability to reach before they burn out?

You do realise that stars are born, live out there cycle and die all the time, existing for billions of years in the process of doing so.

Even at present attainable velocity, it would not take billions of years to reach the stars.

The stars are there and if Man is something to be superceded then its Man 2.0 that will probably transverse said distances between the stars either in generation ships or via some other unconventional means.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If we ever get to a point where colonization of space becomes a reality they are sure to see war as well. Especially if those colonization efforts are sponsored by countries.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join