It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Act now or your Toys R Us gift cards will be worthless

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The Australian arm of Toys 'R' Us says it is business as usual despite the potential closure of all the giant retailer's US stores. Reports out of the US suggest the bankrupt toy retailer is preparing to sell or close all 885 stores in the US chain, putting 33,000 jobs at risk.

You're good.

edit on 21-4-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Hold the fooking phone!!!!

Is this just in the US or everywhere?
Just yesterday I went and brought $505 worth of the things to give to kids who took part in a coloring in comp through work.
Tell me this doesnt count for at least Australia?

Just the US locations, your good. I did lol at that though.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Can they legally do so? I mean, I know they're bankrupt and all.. and are desperate to liquidate assets... but can they legaly turn down gift cards without buying them out after a certain date?

Well, you could try to take them to court for it?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Actually, what put them out of business was being recently purchased by a group that basically bought the toy stores using the stores themselves as capital, thus saddling the company with massive debt.

Yep!

Ole Mitt Romney's Bain Capital strikes yet again! I heart radio is going down as well!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

The stores are closing.
Do you really think they would do this if it wasn't legal to?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Toys R Us is a bargain store. Not hoity toity lol . What was high end about them?
Their cheap vinyl flooring or the metal shelving?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

edit on 4212018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Toys are us someone maybe the mom bought my granddaughter a singing mic ( plastic mic that you can hod buttons for different music wile singing .
Press the buttons nada nothing 20 $ for walmart 2 $ junk toy is what it was .

All I ever like was teh car tracks they had set up but the tracks were always cheaper THE same excate track some ware else

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
Get your point but I talk about ridgid, not expensive. Quality does not have to be expensive.

But sure, we´re on the internet, someone had to say that.

What I mean I´d rather buy wooden toy-car or whatever before some PVC/ABS crap that can´t even be repaired if it breaks the first or second time it hits the floor.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Still have "original" toystores around? I mean family owned, where you also can get used (but good quality) wooden stuff and it´s not expensive, . However a salesmen told me, there has been a hunt for old toys just to sell them at ebay for 10x the price. Tin-Trucks and such.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join