It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Act now or your Toys R Us gift cards will be worthless

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Saturday is the last day to redeem Toys R Us gift cards.

After stores close for the day April 21, the cards will be worthless.

Act now or your Toys R Us gift cards will be worthless

It was announced that tomorrow (Saturday 4/21) will be the last day to redeem gift cards. Use 'em or lose 'em!

Just saw it so I figured I'd give ATS a heads up, I didn't see it posted and search showed nothing.

P.S. Props on the new thread making format, that's nice and easy now!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Can they legally do so? I mean, I know they're bankrupt and all.. and are desperate to liquidate assets... but can they legaly turn down gift cards without buying them out after a certain date?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Last Friday, I took my daughter to Toys "backwards R" Us, to check out their going out of business sale and maybe grab some bargains.

Their "Going Out Of Business" prices are still more expensive than Wal-Mart, Target, or Meijer.

Not to mention e-bay.

Ridiculous.

Is there a sale that's going to happen at all or are they just going to dump it all on e-bay later at realistic prices after a little last minute gouging?

Geoffry used to be a giraffe, now he's a dinosuar.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I should also add, the shelves were all still well stocked with few holes or gaps and though there were several customers in the store no one seemed to be buying anything.
edit on 21-4-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Pretty much why they're going out of business. In my locale, Lexington, KY, Toys R Us is located next to Best Buy. If I wanted a Wii, Xbox, or whatever the hell is most popular, I went to Best Buy. If I wanted the newest YoYo, I went to Toys R Us.....

Consumerism and conservative values win again....
edit on 4/21/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

They were way overpriced. Toys R Us kid?

Man I wasn't even a Wal-Mart kid except on special occasions.

This trend will follow for all stores trying to market to hoity-toity customer bases.

edit on 21-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What kind of quality do you get there?

I´ve seen the advertisements and there are some in my region but never went in there. Is it the kind of place where you can buy non-plastic toys? Not throw away stuff, I mean toys that last generations and are analog.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
My real question here is, is there going to be an ACTUAL sale before they finally shut the doors?

Also noted on the site that they refuse to issue cash for said gift cards.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Pretty much why they're going out of business. In my locale, Lexington, KY, Toys R Us is located next to Best Buy. If I wanted a Wii, Xbox, or whatever the hell is most popular, I went to Best Buy. If I wanted the newest YoYo, I went to Toys R Us.....

That is a very stupid way of summing that up. It’s not that conservative values put them out of business, it was horrible advertising followed by non competive prices. But well done for being ignorant!
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm off tomorrow morning.

can I legally stand out front and offer people 20% cash for their gift cards?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
My real question here is, is there going to be an ACTUAL sale before they finally shut the doors?

Also noted on the site that they refuse to issue cash for said gift cards.

Absolutely not. There will not be. Consumers beware...

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Actually, what put them out of business was being recently purchased by a group that basically bought the toy stores using the stores themselves as capital, thus saddling the company with massive debt.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

A very sad aspect of this is that they always had a good selection of board games. But so does any local comic store.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

That is a very stupid way of summing that up. It’s not that conservative values put them out of business, it was horrible advertising followed by non competive prices. But well done for being ignorant!

I want you to carefully take a look at what you just wrote, and compare them with that consumerism means and the result of competition to an open market means....

[SNIPPED]

Then bow before me for the education you just received.
edit on 4.21.2018 by Kandinsky because: Snipped ill-mannered comment

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Meh. Quality can be part of the illusion.

A long time ago I applied to a more high-end-but-middle-class shop.

In the orientation they basically said their customers feel better for paying more money and that's their clientale--this is the business model.

It's all about giving someone the satisfaction of saying "Eww Wal-Mart I would never!"

Placebo effect in some ways.

edit on 21-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Actually, what put them out of business was being recently purchased by a group that basically bought the toy stores using the stores themselves as capital, thus saddling the company with massive debt.

Well I stand corrected. I did not know about that.
Thank you for the info

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I want you to carefully take a look at what you just wrote, and compare them with that consumerism means and the result of competition to an open market means....

Then I want you you to apply your penile brain to its repercussions...

Then bow before me for the education you just received.

Are you being serious? I know exactly how the market works probably better than you. Yes I made a mistake in my judgment about why they went under but Abe POLITELY and correctly informed me why this happened. You on the other hand strictly made a post attacking me instead of trying to help inform me.
And just so you know I work for a major global pharmaceutical corporation on a high level. My job is to make corrections when others are failing and I do a damn good job at it.
What do you do?

:edit: Actually I don’t really care what you do. What I do care about is that my toys are being taken away from me. Remember how fun it was to get kicked out of those stores?
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Nope.

Same old plastic you find everywhere.

However, they do have pretty decent little section of educational toys I'd love to buy if the price was right.

Chemistry sets, microscopes, telescopes, electronic globes,etc.

There's a rock tumbler I'd like to get for my daughter but, the "sale" price is more than I could buy it for elsewhere.

This just plays like a million other "Going Out Of Business" scams. SMH.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Toys R Us didnt want to grow up.

We used to walk a couple miles thru the woods and cemetery to the malls all the time, starting around age 10, and ToysRus was the first stop going in. We'd go wild in there driving the bikes etc whilst having nerf etc gun wars. And then it was on to raise hell in all the other stores.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hold the fooking phone!!!!

Is this just in the US or everywhere?
Just yesterday I went and brought $505 worth of the things to give to kids who took part in a coloring in comp through work.
Tell me this doesnt count for at least Australia?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join