It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m not holding out hope for first contact anytime soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Pity and mercy.

Also brains.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If aliens did make first contact it would
nagate their entire mission. And that
mission is what? To keep people like
yourself bound to a false hope. To keep you
involved in a discussion about nothing more
than an obvious deception. You actually
prefer the hate from hell over the love
of Jesus Christ. Foolishly you hold out
a false hope to false gods. All because
God has laws we must live by. And we just
can't have that, can we?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Knowing nothing, is a step that comes before knowing something.

Learn with the mind, you do not have, to comprehend the things you can not understand.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Happened in 1972

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Happened in 1972

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Tyred
I’ve been thinking a lot about first contact with aliens and the more I think about it the more discouraged I get.

First I consider the life of the universe and how old life is on earth. If there is other life anywhere near us the odds of them being at the same point of us is virtually nil. They are either more primitive or way more advanced than us.

Because the fate of every species is extinction, you leave out one of the more likely probabilities - that they no longer exist.

Harte

So, are you saying humans are the only ones left?
Which seems, to me at least, highly unlikely.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
We may be alone in the universe. That concept is better accepted than denied.

Yes. But that would just be so, so unbelievably sad. Oh well, at least we have dolphins here. A smart being that does not use the wisdom on creating massive bombs.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyred

A thought-provoking post, to be certain, but check your thinking on a few things:

1) Did you take into account how much time has passed since the first second-generation stars appeared in our stellar neighborhood? First generation stars are metal-poor.

2) Did you take into account how much time has passed since the first second-generation planets formed around the first second-generation stars? First generation planets might not have the necessary axial tilt to produce seasonality, among other things, which might have some impact on the evolution of life on those planets.

Also, consider this: conventional wisdom (which may be wrong) shows that we are the first intelligent tool-using species on our planet to achieve the level of technology necessary to escape our gravity well, let alone reach the stars. Had we developed 500 million years later we might not have developed at all -- at least, as we are. That is because our star is heating up. Consider that for G-type main sequence stars like our sun, the window to achieve the technology required to leave the gravity well of a rocky Earth-sized planet is comparatively small, compared to the life-span of earlier, less intelligent forms of life (like Dinosaurs, for example). Life that evolves on larger, rocky worlds would have an even harder time escaping their own gravity well. Life that evolves on smaller worlds would have even less time as such planets lose their atmosphere quickly.

In other words, we may be it -- the first intelligent, tool-using species who has learned to escape their own gravity well. At least in our galactic neighborhood. All this talk of first contact may simply be a preamble to our own contact of less advanced species in our own neighborhood, tens-of-thousands or even millions of years from now.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well I just want to throw out this idea. if aliens ever did find earth, which means theyre probably way above any earthly intelligent mind. They wouldn't have to do anything except hack into our internet. We have laws against people using our tech against us. A truly intelligent race would automatically realise that by gaining access to our phones they could literally wire tap the whole earth. No anti gravity stealth probes needed, we carry all of our own little personal probes. That would also minimize danger of ever having to be around us too long
edit on 23-4-2018 by doctorhypotenuse because: More to say

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyred
So aliens, if you are reading this I hope you find someone worthy to make first contact with because I’m dying for great news instead of the crap we get on tv and the internet these days.

wow way to suck up.
if cows were stuck in a 10 foot pen together and said "i hope the pen keeper will love me" even though they get boots tossed in at them every night they aren't sure who it is, do you think thats wise??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join