It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m not holding out hope for first contact anytime soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I’ve been thinking a lot about first contact with aliens and the more I think about it the more discouraged I get.

First I consider the life of the universe and how old life is on earth. If there is other life anywhere near us the odds of them being at the same point of us is virtually nil. They are either more primitive or way more advanced than us. Look at our progress in the past 100 years and imagine a species that evolved to this point a hundred million years ago. They would have tech way beyond us. Probably like free energy, warp drives, anti gravity etc.

If they are beyond us they probably already found earth. We are just now beginning the search for other planets and if we had the tech then we’d be sending scout ships / satellites to survey. Imagine being a hundred million years more advanced and finding planets? If we were that advanced now we’d be mapping the entire galaxy and universe. If aliens exist and are more advanced they probably discovered us long before we even made shelters or fire.

Now imagine you find a world with thousands of types of life on it. Would you not study it all?

If aliens exist and are more advanced they probably found us long ago and have been with us studying us and know everything about life on earth.

So they probably know about our radios, television and internet and probably studied humans in the past to learn the languages.

There could even be invisible anti gravity probes filming thousands of people’s lives to learn our social behaviour and gauge our morality

Imagine human history being broadcast back to an alien homeworld with thousands of scientists watching and studying our progress.

So if aliens exist and are more advanced we are probably being watched right now and if that’s the case they know how corrupt our governments are and how sheepish the people are who do nothing to change it. If aliens contacted the government and establish relations it would lower their own goodness/worth for interacting in a good way with filth life.

Now imagine the aliens are here and took a few laptop computers to access the internet with... look how rude and arrogant most internet citizens are. So they can’t make contact with them because it would diminish their value.

Who are aliens most likely to make first contact with? Regular people? If that’s the case nobody is going to believe it because they believe the gov is the best and that that’s who they would contact.

So aliens, if you are reading this I hope you find someone worthy to make first contact with because I’m dying for great news instead of the crap we get on tv and the internet these days.

Also, if aliens provided knowledge or tech to us most humans would try to exploit it for person gain and power over others just like man does now with everything.

I’m going to guess that if aliens exist they are probably hundreds of millions of years more advanced, they know all about us, but choose to not make contact because we are Immoral and there is a possibility that by being friendly and providing help in anyway that they could become worse than us. Doing more bad than someone makes you worse/inferior.

Can you imagine being considered worse than an immoral human of these times?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyred

You are probably already familiar with this....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Nice read

What you wrote here is basically what i´ve been saying to friends and in casual conversations about possible and or visiting extraterrestrials:

Look what we do with other species because we deem ourselfes superior to them. I could not be mad at any ET civilisation doing the same to us than we do and did to other lifeforms. Is it right? Who´s to judge? There are no single "good" or "bad" acts, it´s all relative to the point of view.

We study, eat, kill, dissect, poison and whatnot other lifeforms. One could argue, if ETs that much higher in intelligence, they´d reduce the suffering of the subject. Wait... just like we do, anesthesia....oh wait, allegedly abducted people can´t remember much... Hm, seems like they just copy our own behavior.

edit on 21-4-2018 by verschickter because: typo

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
They already found us, now we need to find them.

First contact right now would be like Einstein explaining his theory of relativity in great detail to a newborn baby.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Nah, we don´t need to rush anything. Could be, ET, if there, has 1000x the lifespan we have, or maybe 1000x times less. It´s just again us humans trying to make sense and being what we are.

We really lack in long term thinking, that´s our biggest problem currently as humanity. I think that´s a precise statement since it would solve most of our major problems.

Also, my little granddaughter isn´t even 2 years old and she can already do numbers:

-count from one to ten upwards
-pronounce every number (in german) correctly
-can determine the numbers of fingers you show her and say it out loud of you ask (on one hand)
-can determine the correct symbols for the numbers 1-5, most of the time.

I think she also tried to tell me that she think she knows what the 3D Printer does. She knows at least that the parts with the same colors as the filament rolls, were "baut" (means "built") on that machine. But I´m going offtopic

She´s becoming two years old in July, we then start to do some C++ basics after we are through with the electrical basics like logic gates and stuff.

Just kidding, I built her a wooden tricycle ^^. Let kids be kids.
edit on 21-4-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I totally agree.

Would you, let’s say a visitor from an advanced species gets in touch?

Knowing how violent we are towards each other....towards strangers or to anything that is different.

No, I believe they are here and have been since the beginning. Just watching and trying to guide “their” children, waiting for us to grow up.

Imagine that alien species contacts us and becomes our new neighbour...how long before we start treating them badly?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

In particular,

Now imagine the aliens are here and took a few laptop computers to access the internet with... look how rude and arrogant most internet citizens are. So they can’t make contact with them because it would diminish their value.

Who are aliens most likely to make first contact with? Regular people? If that’s the case nobody is going to believe it because they believe the gov is the best and that that’s who they would contact.

Some wouldn't believe the government either, can't say I blame 'em. May never here about it from them.

So aliens, if you are reading this I hope you find someone worthy to make first contact with because I’m dying for great news instead of the crap we get on tv and the internet these days.

Yes, please if reading.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I wonder what makes people think aliens, 1: exist, 2: would want to contact us, 3: are actively looking for other species like we are, 4: why would aliens hear see and process information like us..?

In our oceans alone, we have creatures with no eyes, mouth, ears or internal organs, and some can simply replicate themselves instead of giving birth like most other creatures...

We're not looking for aliens, we're looking for ourselves.

We are not the absolute. There could be an alien standing right next to you, but the way you take in information prevents you from ever seeing or noticing said alien...

The thought of being alone in the universe is not a good place to dwell but it's a good place to visit.

We may be alone in the universe. That concept is better accepted than denied.
edit on 21-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I would say the majority of humans are kind and decent and simply want to live in peace without struggle and enjoy this beautiful planet.

It’s unfortunate we are represented by a minority of psychopaths who care not for human life or the healthy continuation of the planet.

These people make decisions in the dark. Most of humanity does not support them. Hence the need for endless secrecy.

Hopefully the internet will give any visitors more of an insight to the majority of humans who are now openly feeling despair at the carnage.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

look how rude and arrogant most internet citizens are

I cringe every time I see a thread anthropomorphizing aliens.

I’m going to guess that if aliens exist they are probably hundreds of millions of years more advanced

That does not preclude other aliens being hundreds of millions of years less than us

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Logic says it's already happened. We need to stop waiting and looking like it hasn't. We haven't a CLUE what to look for.

They are already here and always have been. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyred
I’ve been thinking a lot about first contact with aliens and the more I think about it the more discouraged I get.

First I consider the life of the universe and how old life is on earth. If there is other life anywhere near us the odds of them being at the same point of us is virtually nil. They are either more primitive or way more advanced than us.

Because the fate of every species is extinction, you leave out one of the more likely probabilities - that they no longer exist.

Harte

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
First contact has already been made. Now, for as to what degree...that I'm not so sure of.
edit on 21-4-2018 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Humans? don't they kill their brothers and sisters ?
'waiting for Siri to evolve and take over the planet'.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Tag.

Your it.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I wonder what makes people think aliens, 1: exist, 2: would want to contact us, 3: are actively looking for other species like we are, 4: why would aliens hear see and process information like us..?

1: because we exist -> why should we be the only one?
2: because we are trying to -> see above
3: because we do -> see above
4: maybe not like us but similar in order to be able to "connect" and communicate.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Contact number 100010100101010.

Do not worry, they know we suck.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What could they possibly have to gain by making contact with this species?

Around 40% of our nation's population truly believes far-flung Russian conspiracy theories, the 1000 year problem of "climate change" or "offensive speech" are among the biggest problems we face today. With a population this stupid, why would any advanced species want to contact us?

I'm just mortified to be stuck on the same rock as these folks. And ETI would be wise to avoid this ball of dirt entirely.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure any advanced life has been where we are and understands that not 100% of a species is ready to move on.

So I'm quite certain there would be a certain level of understanding and acceptance. I'm also pretty sure they could burrow into your mind with theirs and see whether you're a dip stick or not.

Its all about risk vs reward.

Huge Risk to make open contact with us, for little to no reward.

It would be like a national geographic episode when a white man is on a jeep driving through an impoverished village. The hordes of kids running behind begging for scraps or trinkets. That would be us.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wow, seriously, people is STILL wondering if contact IS GONNA be made? Are you for real?

Let me put you in the right page:

- Contact was already made long time ago
- Still happens and involves alien beings abducting people against their will
- Abductees memories are buried and later 'activated' on consecutive encounters
- The main objective seems to be the mass production of human looking hybrid beings, for infiltration

Good. Now we're on the same page, can we discuss the implications instead wasting energy on irrelevant discussions?

<<   2 >>

join