It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 50 yrs of warmongering what did CIA say to NK for them to stand down?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They have 12-20 nukes... not a 12-20 mile missle capability’s..

I'm aware. Typical nuke has a 1-3 radial mile blast zone.

Assuming they could deliver all those without getting some shot down (doubtful) who could they turn to glass?
edit on 20-4-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Regardless of some super awesome secret new weapon the US might posses, threatening NK with it would be fruitless; even with a demonstration.

Kim would simply counter-threaten to attack “on launch” as it were.

He could then point to the destruction wrought in NK by the New American Super Weapon, claiming it for what it is to the world, and set off an expensive and dangerous Super Weapon arms trace likes of which the world has not seen.

Then again, wouldn’t that play into the desires of the MIC!
edit on 20-4-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: TheJesuit

Trump is the only change.

Yep. Statesmanship from a position of STRENGTH.

Woo. Hoo.

Yes, "the beatings will continue"

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The trumpaholics will literally twist ANYTHING into a win for their dear leader lol.

No matter how silly.. a reply to: Lumenari

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You mean the beating America will get once trump gives Kim billions to stop his nuke program and he still keeps it???

There is nothing we could give them that would be better than a “get out of invasions free” card..

See obama made a deal with Iran BEFORE THEY HAD A NUKE.. when we still had the advantage of threading an invasion..

W bush gave Kim Nukes..he is the last president that had a chance to stop them without a nuclear detonation.
edit on 20-4-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Pot isn't illegal in NK just thought I'd mention that bit of interest I picked up somewhere.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yes, hence my comment.

It was a tongue in cheek comment, I dont think NK has much to offer the US in terms of social policy or the classification of substances.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

NK is a HUGE HUGE producer of meth and heroin for export.

MJ grows wild

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I said turn allies to glass.. not the US.

So 12-20 radial miles. 60 miles at best. Which country could they turn to glass?

They have more than enough capability to hit the far side border of all the neighbouring nations they could wish to hit. Further with ICBM's and that's not even taking into account any potential miniaturization of nuclear warheads.

They needn't deliver them conventionally either, Seoul is something like 35 miles from the border and has a population over 10 million.

With the right winds they could annihilate millions with a dirty bomb, I don't doubt their capability to deliver a nuclear warhead. They do have options.

missilethreat.csis.org...

I've never read anything on the miniaturization of war heads so I don't know how far they've come but it's worth noting that they needn't have started from scratch so to speak, I'd guess that they've progressed in that field... They did claim as such last year.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

They export a few things that are inherently bad, some things that are downright evil.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The U.S> probably demonstrated the intelligence to know EXACTLY where Lil Kim was located at any given time, and the ability to take him out at will. Despots like that will do anything to protect their pitiful lives. Show them you can eliminate them at will, without them knowing where or when gives them incentive to back off to preserve their life.

Don't think for a moment that we (The USA) do not have that tech now, and have had it for decades for just such a situation. And, to save Lil Kim's face with his populace, we make it look like it was his decision. After all, isn't it more important that the outcome is a safer Korean peninsula than why it happened?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
I don't know about you but after over 50 years of trying to become a Nuclear power and succeeding North Korea is now standing down? What the hell did the CIA show Kim to make him reverse course completely? It's probably a huge piece of info not words but proof...... Hmm I'd really like to know!

If anyone out there knows even a little bit please enlighten US!

This is a no-brainer. They offered him bread and money. In his case a lot of bread.

Though Kim better watch out. The west NEVER forgives rebellion. Look at Khadafy who repented yet still was murdered by them. And look at Saddam and Noriega.
edit on 20-4-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I have been wondering the same.

But then, NK has nukes and the missiles to deliver them.
NK did not mention anything about dismantling their arsenals. They will only stop development and testing. Which they don't need anymore, as they have the nukes.
Very easy move from their side, not committing too much.

I expect that NK will demand that US soldiers leave SK, in exchange for that move.
If we go deeper into conspiracy, one could also say that China has been using NK, to get the US soldiers out of SK: China shielded NK from attack, even pretending to try and push NK to negotiate. Maybe even give them a hand at getting hold of the nukes technology.
And now, China can demand, via NK, that US soldiers leave SK.

my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The CIA said play nice now or we will sic Trump on you.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KarmaComa

they may have a device capable of fusion but i think their launchable warheads are all fission.

disregarding the saber rattling russia and the the US detonated 100's on 100's of tests to get to the systems they have today.

and its one thing to have warheads but if they miss the target or burn up on reentry they are useless, but i would put my money on some tunnels under Seoul to detonate devices under the city.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

After 50 yrs of warmongering what did CIA say to NK for them to stand down?

It's time

Operation false peace is a go.

ETA Am i the only one who wants to see Rodger and Cartman on the big screen together?
edit on 21-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What makes you think the US had anything to do with this action?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Is this a trick question?

Was it Canada?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: intrepid

Is this a trick question?

Was it Canada?

You DO know that America isn't the center of the universe, right?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

and its one thing to have warheads but if they miss the target or burn up on reentry they are useless, but i would put my money on some tunnels under Seoul to detonate devices under the city.

One does not need a test facility to beef up a nose cone and install a better guidance system.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join