It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to Discontinue Missile Testing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well it would not be as bad as Obama getting the peace price for being black and winning the election. lol

I seriously laughed out loud

Wipes tears....

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I believe that POTUS 45s interactions with China have something to do with this. It was only a month or so ago when the North Korean leader rode his bullet proof train to China (I believe for first time ever). Now a few short weeks later, there are inklings of summits and denuclearization by most reclusive regime in the world.

Lots of string pulling behind the scenes manipulating the puppets...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blue Shift
Or...he installed a mind control device.
Or...he killed Kim and replaced him with a clone.
Or...

This may be one of those cases like with Russia and Reagan where you convince the other guy to chill because your leader is so nuts they could be capable of anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Pyle

No I was being serious, if Trump pulls this off he should win the Noble Peace Prize.

Those are reserved for presidents who bomb more countries than all other presidents combined.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah, I saw that. They clearly made the distinction between defense and card Blanche. I'm sure that was China's shot across the Norths Bow.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

Pompeo is Trump's agent. Isn't he? So don't worry, Our Glorious Leader will get the credit. Whether or not anything actually comes of this.

Don't you know?

This is more progress than at any time since the NK nuclear issue began.

Can't give credit where credit is due, can you?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And fund Iran and the mujahadeen that use that money to blow our soldiers up, but that’s none of my business...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i don't believe north korea about all this and i think it's at best a stall tactic and at worst a trap of some kind, much like china of the 1970's i believe the only reason they are doing this is because their nuclear technology has matured enough that underground testing is no longer required.

to me these actions only verify north korea's nuclear capability is complete and fully functional, they probably plan to threaten trump and the south korean leader into peace and giving reparations over the past, like making us agree or they will nuke seoul, a carrier, guam, hawaii, japan or somewhere they can reach.

people should expect something unexpected and possibly dangerous from north korea, not peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: projectvxn

And fund Iran and the mujahadeen that use that money to blow our soldiers up, but that’s none of my business...

It certainly was my business for years.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's all talk and pieces of paper till something actually happens, I'm not versed up in regards of NK's defensive pacts or under what circumstances such pacts hold weight.

It's that cease-fire that ultimately holds the sword above Kim's throne.

1) Convince the paranoid regime that, hey, we don't want to blow your country up because that really would be bad for everybody. We also don't want to kill you, or remove you from power because we know that deep down you're a nice guy who is only concerned about his people. 

Dunno about all that, I'd like to believe international law still applies... The US is running out of 'get out of jail free' cards in regards to toppling dictators.

#2 reintroduction of North Korea to international markets and the systematic easing of sanctions, backed by major world powers , mediated by neutral partners.

Tbh I don't know, I'm a genuine idiot. I believe that a MAD scenario would occur with the wholesale destruction of Korea though, more defensive pacts and assurances wouldn't change the end product of a nuclear exchange.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Kind of makes sense here. After Kim's meeting in China it makes even more sense.

China would like nothing more than to see our military gone on the north/south border. I could see China behind the scenes using threats, bribes or promises to make it happen.

We may finally see the actual end of the Korean War and see it soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

I wonder. Did Pompeo make some sort of back door deal?

I haven't got anything to back this up, but I would venture the guess that North Korea made deal with China who in turn made a back door deal with Trump (or Pompeo) about the TPP, which, it seems, Trump suddenly no longer is all that against.

It sort of fits.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

#2 reintroduction of North Korea to international markets and the systematic easing of sanctions, backed by major world powers , mediated by neutral partners.
Haven't they always had that option? Isn't that the point of sanctions in the first place? Comply and the sanctions are lifted.

Why now? Something new was injected.

edit on 4/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

a reply to: pavil

Pompeo is Trump's agent. Isn't he? So don't worry, Our Glorious Leader will get the credit. Whether or not anything actually comes of this.

Don't you know?

This is more progress than at any time since the NK nuclear issue began.

Can't give credit where credit is due, can you?

No, nobody's getting any credit until ink is dry. North Korea has mastered the art of duplicity, come on you guys. I bet you 5 bucks and a box of donuts he doubles back on every promise as soon as he gets NK whatever he's aiming for, in their possession.

I'll buy a hat and eat it if that doesn't happen.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I had a hemp hat once.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Trump should be applauded for what has happened to date HOWEVER, before you start popping corks allow me to point out a section from the OPs link:

The leader promised that the country's nuclear weapons would only be used if North Korea found itself under attack, but that its nuclear and weapons technology would not be handed over to third parties.

That would indicate to me he would still have his current nukes.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Same thought crossed my mind.
There would be no need for an American presence if the two Koreas united and was friendly with its neighbors. China would have a win/win scenario. The US would then have to invent a reason to stay.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well a few things were on the table in the 90's too from what I've read.

Yeah, something new was clearly injected. Non of this is based upon past work, I'd assume.

Haven't they always had that option? 

Seemingly, in terms of incentives I'd expect something that would be instantly tangible. It won't be food and if the North will opt-in for denuclearization then I'd guess it's something important to the regime.

Why now? Something new was injected. 

Maybe Trump will take him to a decent barber?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

too much optimism will only set you up for a massive disappointment, a peace treaty will not mean north korea will be open to foreign trade, democratic reform or anything of the sort.

nuclear blackmail is the only way north korea gets peace, they aren't planning to "negotiate peacefully" with anyone.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I can't imagine how that would work...
I'm doing my best not to make jokes about Kim running in elections.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join