It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to Discontinue Missile Testing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I wonder. Did Pompeo make some sort of back door deal?

Like change or die...kind of deal? I still think all of this is a mixture of extreme sanctions and he has run out of money as his people starve even more, if that is possible. The other side is he has been imprisoned his whole life in a real crappy jail. One wonders if he ever dreams to break out of that jail and see the world. This would be his chance...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Or...he installed a mind control device.
Or...he killed Kim and replaced him with a clone.
Or...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yeah...

Shooting missiles at a nation barely capable of defending itself is a sure sign of power to a nation that could defend itself.

If anything such actions will give N Korea resolve. Once the cease-fire becomes a permanent peace, those US soldiers south of the border can do nothing legally to touch NK.

Unless they (North Korea) attack.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

I wonder. Did Pompeo make some sort of back door deal?

Noooo. Trump has nothing to do with this, don't you know.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Pompeo is Trump's agent. Isn't he? So don't worry, Our Glorious Leader will get the credit. Whether or not anything actually comes of this.

Don't you know?
edit on 4/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Plotus

It was the K-pop concert in Pyongyang.

It's hard not to like K-Pop.

link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm thinking of assurances in terms of defence, only 2 nations could offer such things.

I mean NK has a lot of potential, it's a shame their capabilities are used for military gain.

link   
They will have his their meeting and the war will end, well until a military coup happens and he is killed, then it would be full on war I think.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

Pompeo is Trump's agent. Isn't he? So don't worry, Our Glorious Leader will get the credit. Whether or not anything actually comes of this.

Don't you know?

I think it was Nancy Pelosi, when she went over there years ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Skeptical hippo eyes!!! What does lil Kim have up his sleeve?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Don't you know?

Well it would not be as bad as Obama getting the peace price for being black and winning the election. lol

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
And behind the Scenes........ hoards are scurrying around trying to lock in contracts and establish businesses if all goes well, it will be like a feeding frenzy....... uh literally for North Korea's hungry. For business people, the single most lucrative opportunity in years.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

An actual peace treaty between North and South Korea.
N. Korea ending its nuke programs.

Trump is winning all around lately.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You think that Russia and China assured the North that they will defend them against western aggression? Don't they already have that? Or do you think they bailed on those obligations?

I see two avenues;

1) Convince the paranoid regime that, hey, we don't want to blow your country up because that really would be bad for everybody. We also don't want to kill you, or remove you from power because we know that deep down you're a nice guy who is only concerned about his people.

Really? That's some damned fine convincing for one meeting.

2) ???? Anybody got a #2?

edit on 4/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: IAMTAT

Kim will get his prize when he gets a picture of himself and the President shaking hands , he will have accomplished something his predecessors couldn't , it's a win for Kim.

I hope the talks go well and they can come to an agreement because this meeting is the ace card if it fails where do you go from here.

LOL. It's funny watching Trump haters shift credit before anything even happens, heaping praise on NK's dictator instead of just sucking it up and admitting Trump will have achieved what was thought impossible by lesser men (like the last few Presidents).

It's amazing isn't it? They'd be praising Hitler for killing himself to end WWII before they gave any props to Trump if he were around then.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
**TRIGGER WARNING**

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It isn't about hating Trump , Kim wins because he's getting what he wanted after the big bad wolf came calling at his door , his father may have discovered Unicorns but he's caught a US President and they are far more valuable.

Trump is doing the right thing using diplomacy but the wrong thing in meeting Kim , that should come later.

Trump's playing an all or nothing game , only time will tell if it's a smart move or not.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Who cares if Chubs gets the peace prize. He was pissing off everybody including the Chinese with these tests threatening Chinas big trading/business partners. Japan, South Korea the US etc
edit on 20-4-2018 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

China has a defense treaty with N. Korea. China recently told N. Korea that if they are the ones who spark a resumption of the war thru their testing and bellicosity the defense treaty would not be honored. China clarified the treaty as defensive and only applies if N. Korea is attacked without causing the attack.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
LOL

They should give him a "Participation Trophy"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join