It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction: Free anonymous internet. Pirate Air Net.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I would like to make a prediction with no weight to it at all beyond my own convoluted thoughts.

This is just a hunch.

There seems to be a spirit of defiance in the air.

I think that one day people will wake up and everyone in large areas all over the globe will discover that they have access to a wifi network in range with free internet access.

More than that, (access to existing networks) it will have an archive and communications platform that will attract most people to become users of the worlds largest single network.

and it will all be anonymous, untraceable, and completely free of cost and free of any single governments control.

Governments will REQUEST access to administrator privileges so as to regulate their jurisdictions and keep them free of criminal activity that the entirety of the community in that jurisdiction deems as a danger to their society.

How it works out is more of a guess but I made a guess none the less.

So in short get ready for the anonymous pirate internet.

It will all be possible by a private discovery in communications technology that will not be shared for wealth or power. It will be used to better humanity and nothing will be able to stop it.

Well, I guess these sort of predictions usually come with a date from what Ive seen. So I will say that in 20 years more or less. 22 max.

Now we play the waiting game. LOL.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this even if you want to just go on a tangent about how its impossible OR that it IS possible!

Have a good one y'all.

edit on 4 20 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Mesh-nets are being created in many urban areas.

New Scientist Article

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Anonymous and untraceable is not something that necessarily puts me at ease. The criminals will have a field day with this , as they already do with VPN’s , etc.

Why do people want so desperately to be untraceable? I can see not wanting your personal info out there for criminals to hack into and use nefariously, but I think it’s important for LE to have some way of finding out where certain scum are operating from. 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
eventually a peer to peer wireless network will exist once the network can handle packets large enough to send more data per unit (MTU for you nerds)

almost forgot, and enough wireless devices exist
edit on 20-4-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Anonymous and untraceable

if you have a forward proxy server on the edge of your network you can potentially do this already

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

We had libraries that had all sorts of bad stuff in the 70's and I didnt need a biometric access card to borrow books. Why should the Government know what I like to read.

But I suppose you're ok with Facebook & Google selling their data and/or being a quasi Govt entity spying on you.

No doubt you will come back with the retort "if I have nothing to hide why should I worry"

You get extra points if you draw your own conclusions and tell us based on the actions of the MSM and alphabet agencies over the last 40 years shaping information.

LE to have some way of finding out where certain scum are operating from

And LE have never been known to be corrupt?
edit on 20-4-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Sure, i can see that as already there are projects underway to develop blimps which hover above 70 thousand feet and are loaded with instruments to deliver internet access in underdeveloped areas or rural areas where it was unprofitable to provide access otherwise.

As soon as someone thinks they are smart and provide "free" pirated access to the internet is when every site which now offers free access will be charged to even be on the web and then every user will have to pay a fee to see each page or to participate in a forum...nothing is ever free...ever

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Nah.. Won't happen... Somehow, somewhere, some bit, part, connection, signal has to be sent, delivered, broadcasted, received, connected...

And because of that... It won't be private, secure or blocked completely 100% from tptb.

Dozens of hacks of supposedly "secure" internet happen every minute. It won't change...

If you think there can be... you are deluding yourself

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The amount of power needed for such will not be done as pumping that much out put into a transmitter would over load every other system with static . Say A million watts the biggest wattage runs up to 50,000 and that has a reach of 20 miles in city 30 miles out of city .

No way to cover a large enough area without ten times as many towers as we have now and keep the wattage low enough not to blank out communication .

There are tons of Government restrictions on the amounts of wattage a transmitter can use .
Back in the old days I could turn on the TV at 1 am seeing snow and listen to truckers who had massive transmitters that were so powerful they overload the station the Government finly had to step in and restrict the wattage out put .

Setting up a small network say in your neighborhood would be easy enough using repeaters but doing so on a country wide scale would not be possible for privet people to set up as it would cost billions .
What do you think we layed cable and built 100000ss of transmitters in a week for 20 $ ?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

We had libraries that had all sorts of bad stuff in the 70's and I didnt need a biometric access card to borrow books. Why should the Government know what I like to read.

But I suppose you're ok with Facebook & Google selling their data and/or being a quasi Govt entity spying on you.

No doubt you will come back with the retort "if I have nothing to hide why should I worry"

You get extra points if you draw your own conclusions and tell us based on the actions of the MSM and alphabet agencies over the last 40 years shaping information.

LE to have some way of finding out where certain scum are operating from

And LE have never been known to be corrupt?

I’m not ok with selling data to marketers, but I am ok with LE being able to track down missing children being exploited in sex crimes.

Some LE officers may well be corrupt , but that is certainly not all of them.
When you have a young child who’s disappeared, and you’re going crazy with worry, come back and tell me you don’t want LE to have access to the scum bags making money off your abducted child on some dark web.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

right now I have a dozen local Wi-Fi signals available to piggy-back on for free

the big high-rise hotels and motels have Wi-Fi and most use the password 'guest' to access the internet for free

with all the prolific Ads...it is no longer free internet... we are all paying for the right to be blasted by ADs 24-7-365

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Anonymous and untraceable is not something that necessarily puts me at ease. The criminals will have a field day with this , as they already do with VPN’s , etc.

This is what I responded to - and then you made an appeal to emotion " what about the children " when you didn't include children in your initial wide net cast by LE that you would be comfortable with.

you also said

Why do people want so desperately to be untraceable?

There are valid reasons why its written in some constitutions, if it wasn't such an issue we wouldn't have laws protecting our privacy. This states it better than I can;

gilc.org...

Privacy is a fundamental human right recognized in the UN Declaration of Human Rights, the International Convenant on Civil and Political Rights and in many other international and regional treaties. Privacy underpins human dignity and other key values such as freedom of association and freedom of speech

new topics

top topics

join