It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Police Stun Gun Abuse - Getting worse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A second formal complaint has been lodged in East Rochester, NY, against a police officer for excessive use of force against women. This second case involved the use of a stun gun on an already subdued women. The police officer specifically targetting the lady's genitalia. Tazer abuse by police is getting worse on many levels and not the least incident being of interest to the media.

www.wroctv.com

[Attorney Christian] Agola also represents Samantha Hyman, a learning disabled woman whom she says cops had been harassing for months.

"They were basically treating her like the village idiot."

"One instance it's alleged Officer Connell had taken her by the back of the neck and shoved her head into a snowbank."

Leading up to an incident early this month, where Hyman had summoned police to her home for boyfriend trouble. Officer Connell responded. In an ensuing altercation, Hyman claims Officer Connell used a stun gun on her, four times, on her most private areas.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In upstate New York, a policeman who kills a dog will face a suspension, whereas a policeman who tazers a woman not once, not twice, not three times, but four times, and more than once in the genitals, has not as of this posting.

Amazingly, no media is covering this in our immediate area except for Channel 8. Not the 4 other local TV stations at either a local or national level, not the newspapers, and not radio. In fact, the front page news today was about an officer suspended for shooting a dog. I guess we know where the priorities are here, eh?

I hope an outcry goes out on the behalf of these women and the officer who uses his uniform under the cloak of the law as an assault weapon, if not from within our district, then from without. That this officer escalated so rapidly (and rabidly) from one form of abuse (while it was being complained) to the severity of the next is astounding. But not nearly as astounding as the reluctance of anyone to promote the story. Maybe his next leap will be some womans life. Gee, I wonder if that will get any coverage?

Call me... angry in Rochester, NY

Related News Links:
www.democratandchronicle.com

[edit on 18-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
On one level, this is astounding. But given the directions our nation is taking, it's entirely predictable. Both the abuse and the media silence.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it's an increase in wrongful user of a stun gun by police, or if it's just that these types of incidents are getting more play as it seems to be one of the stories that has caught the public's eye.

Anyway, regarding this case, more info would be needed to determine who is in the wrong here.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Stun guns aint all bad the number of police shootings have dropped a great deal since the introduction of tazers. Often before the taser cops only had one option in many of these cases the lethal option their gun and no other choice.

Im not condoning abuse if that true the cop in question should face the full extent of the law. But stun guns have have saved many peoples lives since they have been used by police.

But do we hear about all the times everyday a stun gun prevented a cop from having to use a real gun in the news? Nope only the abuse.

top topics

join