It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party files lawsuit alleging Russia, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Lumenari
I think many here are missing the point.

The DNC lawyer that filed this is possibly the stupidest person ever.

So NOW the defendants have the right of discovery too... let that sink in.

Also, I hope to God you aren't suggesting I let that sink in given my first comment was on how the DNC is going to have to make their evidence available to the Defense for their experts to examine.

Not only did I let that sink in, first...but then I moved on to other thoughts that I wish people would let 'sink in.'

Thoughts that may not be so obvious as the discovery of evidence process.

The DNC just moved the VENUE.

Now, if you are going to jump to the conclusion that they did this because they took the time to plant evidence in a server that can't actually be used as evidence anymore because it wasn't seized in the first place, then I don't know what to tell you.

But keep on keeping on, I guess...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The DNC just gave Trump a Christmas present, if he runs with it right.

Or they are trying to roll in a trojan horse.

A 5th Column with a round bottom.

It will fall down.

😁

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I think many here are missing the point.

The DNC lawyer that filed this is possibly the stupidest person ever.

So NOW the defendants have the right of discovery too... let that sink in.

Also, I hope to God you aren't suggesting I let that sink in given my first comment was on how the DNC is going to have to make their evidence available to the Defense for their experts to examine.

Not only did I let that sink in, first...but then I moved on to other thoughts that I wish people would let 'sink in.'

Thoughts that may not be so obvious as the discovery of evidence process.

The DNC just moved the VENUE.

Now, if you are going to jump to the conclusion that they did this because they took the time to plant evidence in a server that can't actually be used as evidence anymore because it wasn't seized in the first place, then I don't know what to tell you.

But keep on keeping on, I guess...

Wha????

I am having a difficult time appreciating your delivery, unlike Sublime.

I didn't jump to any conclusions...you jumped to the conclusion that I might jump to a conclusion.

I'm just sitting here scratching my head. No matter the venue...if the DNC wants to use the server as evidence to support their CIVIL court case...then the Defendants have a right to have their own experts examine that evidence. "Seized" as evidence? Like, in a criminal investigation??? What would the seizing (or not) of evidence in a criminal investigation have to do with a Defendant's right to examine evidence in a civil case?

I think everyone understands the basics of the discovery process in a civil case and that it is not dependent on whether evidence was seized in a criminal investigation

Please give people the credit deserve for being average intelligence...at a minimum.

I feel like you are trying to talk down to me. I don't appreciate that.

edit on 4/20/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Just the thought of this cheers me up enormously.

Me too!

It cheers me up because I see it as proof that internal polls are showing the DNC has lost support. This is a pure panic move for several reasons.

First, the suit cannot go anywhere. You simply cannot sue a foreign power in a US court. There is no legal jurisdiction to do so, because foreign nations do not operate under US law, which is what the court must use to evaluate the case. They might as well be suing the planet of Jupiter.

Secondly, Wikileaks is a website. As far as I know, they are not an official legal entity like a person or corporation (if I am mistaken in this, someone please correct me). The DNC might as well try to sue a neighborhood stray.

The Trump campaign is a legal US entity subject to a lawsuit, but it is a tremendously high legal hurdle to prove collusion with others when it is impossible to subpoena those others. I doubt a judge would even allow this case to move forward past the initial hearing. Of course, we all know how activist some judges can be.

Even if they can leap all these legal hurdles, there is still the matter of actual damages. A civil case cannot proceed if the plaintiff cannot show actual monetary damages. What would those damages be? The cost of a losing campaign? That would have to be offset by the amounts that were donated by donors, unless those donors are party to the lawsuit. One cannot sue for losses incurred using other people's money.

On the other hand, the DNC could easily have their servers subpoenaed to provide evidence of tampering. After over a year, that could prove to be somewhat of a technological nightmare and would likely result in a complete forensics work up of the servers, which would expose every single file they have or recently had which can still be recovered. And even after all that, the chances are good that evidence of tampering would not be found because of the time period between the hacking and now.

I suspect they will try to pass off a fake server that was hacked purposely in order to make it look like it was hacked by Russian interests... that's pretty risky, as discovery of such would lead to the case being thrown out.

Finally, this opens the door to Trump's suit over the Steele dossier. It is common practice, almost expected, fr a plaintiff in a civil case to file for counter-damages of their own.

Why would anyone go to these lengths and risks? Only a complete fool would try this.... an extremely slim possibility of success and a high probability of success for the plaintiff, plus an almost certainty of unwanted information being presented. The only possible good outcome for the DNC would be, as some have already pointed out, as a talking point to use during the midterms. That tells me someone at the DNC knows what I suspect: the old pattern of the minority party being victorious after a landslide victory is not looking as promising as we are led to believe. Coupled with Schumer's latest attempt to garner favor by introducing a decriminalization bill for marijuana (even though he and the DNC have passed up chance after chance to pass it over the last 8 years), the panic is blatantly obvious.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
link to the paperwork 66 pages

They have an excellent chance because they're suing somebody named "John Does 1-10"

BwaaaaaaHaHaha

and they're citing all kinds of MSM stories with "sources close to the rumors"

😎😁😂

Interesting.. They filed it in the Southern district of New York.

The headquarters for the DNC is actually located in Washington D.C. Something tells me they might be judge shopping.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
It cheers me up because I see it as proof that internal polls are showing the DNC has lost support. This is a pure panic move for several reasons.

Polls taken at the start of the year compared to the latest show Democrats went from a 12 point lead over Republicans down to a 3 point lead.

Also of interest is Hillary Clinton. There is a book coming out by a journalist who covered her quite a bit over the election cycle. Apparently the deplorable comment Clinton made, and the response it got, was completely unexpected. The term was used a lot at dinner parties and fundraisers and came across very popular, which is why Clinton used it in her public speech.

It highlights how out of touch Democrats are. They have issues thinking beyond the party elites and from what we are seeing now that observation still rings true. Over the last year and a half the leadership of the Democrats cant seem to understand that they are the cause of their current problems and no one else. Constantly blaming everyone else for their failures is a massive turn off and that is starting to include a lot of central Democrats. It seems the DNC is pushing farther to the left without understanding the party shrinks more and more when they do that.

Ironically this SNL skit nails the problem on the head.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
After reading the lawsuit it does make me wonder. It seems as if the DNC is trying to get this lawsuit into the courts prior to the end of Mueller's investigation. Especially if Trump is not considered a target / subject / whatever term you want to use.

If Mueller clears Trump and this ends then the DNC would have a hard time getting its case in court since the results of Mueller's investigation would destroy the primary argument in their brief - that Trump colluded with Russia. IF it doesnt get dismissed I look for the DNC to drag this suit out as long as they can to continue keeping Russia-Trump bs alive into the midterms and if they can manage into the 2020 election cycle.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Polls taken at the start of the year compared to the latest show Democrats went from a 12 point lead over Republicans down to a 3 point lead.

Comparing that to the skew in the polls during 2016 which showed massive preference for Hillary Clinton, I believe the DNC is deathly afraid they will see another Republican landslide. I have joked quite a bit since about how 'fake' the polls were, but in truth I have always felt they were deliberately skewed. Knowing how much they were skewed allows the polls to be published to make the electorate feel good about voting Democrat, but still allows the DNC to know what the true numbers likely are.

Gonna double up on posts here....

After reading the lawsuit it does make me wonder. It seems as if the DNC is trying to get this lawsuit into the courts prior to the end of Mueller's investigation.

The thing is, it would be almost unheard of for any court to allow a civil case to proceed while a criminal case is ongoing, as would be the case against Manafort and Flynn (who I understand are named in the suit). It would be highly unusual for any court to allow a civil case to move forward while there is a criminal investigation ongoing.

That is going to throw a monkey wrench into their plans if they plan to use this to, as you say, supersede the Mueller investigation.

And backing up a post to grab another...

Interesting.. They filed it in the Southern district of New York.

That is interesting, because it seems obvious they are judge-shopping. That is their MO to get restraining orders, after all. In this case, however, they are starting an actual lawsuit and both sides get a say-so in venue.

I find the recent change in Trump's legal team interesting in this respect: he added Rudy Guilliano of New York politics fame. Perhaps Trump already had an idea this was coming... he somehow has stayed three steps ahead of his enemies at every turn.

I shouldn't have said that... someone will now accuse Trump of sending Pompeo to North Korea so he could covertly make contact with Putin and retrieve information hacked from the DNC by the Russians.

Give me a minute and I'll figure out how to include hookers into that fantasy... excuse me... the BEST hookers... sorry Vladimir.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Interesting development...

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

doing everything they can to distract normies from the most corrupt administration in US history under Obama

Idiotic, Trump is more corrupt and less presidential than all previous Presidents put together.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
DNC corruption was exposed, so the DNC is suing because they got caught.

Isn't that like a bank robber suing because they got caught robbing a bank?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Rumors are that discovery will be very interesting.

The jurors will be put into a tv viewing room and forced to watch reruns of the msm news cast for the last two yrs..

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Rumors are that discovery will be very interesting.

The jurors will be put into a tv viewing room and forced to watch reruns of the msm news cast for the last two yrs..

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
After reading the lawsuit it does make me wonder. It seems as if the DNC is trying to get this lawsuit into the courts prior to the end of Mueller's investigation. Especially if Trump is not considered a target / subject / whatever term you want to use.

If Mueller clears Trump and this ends then the DNC would have a hard time getting its case in court since the results of Mueller's investigation would destroy the primary argument in their brief - that Trump colluded with Russia. IF it doesnt get dismissed I look for the DNC to drag this suit out as long as they can to continue keeping Russia-Trump bs alive into the midterms and if they can manage into the 2020 election cycle.

Good point

However i see it as just an admitting that trump was smart enough to distance himself from his own campaign.

They are going forward with the thought that the campaign and those around trump colluded with russia and committed some crimes without the knowledge of trump.

They are hoping to tie up those around him so that he has no reelection team.

I see a trump campaign team 2.0 in the future if he survives the coming death wave from the past.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Jeebus chriwsr talk about projection, hawd damn theyve lost their fukin minds. TDS at it wprst/best hete people.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And funnier yet,

Democrats want open borders and then they scream when Russians try to influence an election !!

😀

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Democrats want open borders

Yeah.
And Republicans want to destroy the environment!

Or is the point too subtle for you?

edit on 4/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
And Republicans want to destroy the environment!

Nah, its Hillary that smashed her phones with hammers.
They should have been taken to ecycle.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

How do you know they weren't?

Ecylers accept damaged items.

edit on 4/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hit a nerve or 2 did it ?

Russians have rights too !!

😁

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join