It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New tech: cameras which do not need electricity nor lan-cable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The University of Washington is "presenting a novel architecture that enables HD video streaming from a low-power, wearable camera to a nearby mobile device." Source Batteryfreevideo

Cool. No more power-over-ethernet needed. They suck the energy from surrounding hf-fields.

Then they go further: they "present Wi-Fi Backscatter, a novel communication system that bridges RF-powered devices with the Internet." WiFi Backscatter

Cool. No more ethernetcabling at all. They do not need RFID-to-WLAN-gateways anymore.

In summary: here we have a small hd-compatible camera which leeches off its needed energy from surrounding fields, is wlan-compatible and small.

The next generation of wiretapping.
(Now for the common people, too. I guess this is at least 2 or 3 levels behind those which are used by intelligence agencies.)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

The next generation of wiretapping.
(Now for the common people, too. I guess this is at least 2 or 3 levels behind those which are used by intelligence agencies.)

More. Quite a bit more.

Of course, if I were to guess, that is.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. That WiFi backscatter technology looks like it could be useful for lots of different things.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Your system requires power from people around you so if theres a power cut then the system goes down the same as usual and if you are hoping that your neighbours UPS backed up system will powered yours for a good time might be wrong as if its fitted for computers then it'll probably power off after 15-30 mins.

If you want a guaranteed service such as 24x7 with ability to withstand pretty much anything other than a targetsted airstike then you should look around

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   
More high tech interconnectedness to power the spywares.

top topics

join