It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed satellite network to publicly broadcast entire surface of Earth in real time

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

The Old Testament was full of death and destruction. Apparently God was bipolar. But the New Testament , with Jesus,was about peace and love man. I’ll bet Jesus drove a Volkswagen van. Smoke billowing out of the windows and a couple of tye dye groupies passed out in the back. Holding up traffic the whole way to Galilee. I don’t get why people talk smack about Jesus. He embodies all the traits most people pretend to strive for. Also, the Bible talks about the four corners of the earth, but I’ve never read in it that the earth is flat.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

The Old Testament was full of death and destruction. Apparently God was bipolar. But the New Testament , with Jesus,was about peace and love man. I’ll bet Jesus drove a Volkswagen van. Smoke billowing out of the windows and a couple of tye dye groupies passed out in the back. Holding up traffic the whole way to Galilee. I don’t get why people talk smack about Jesus. He embodies all the traits most people pretend to strive for. Also, the Bible talks about the four corners of the earth, but I’ve never read in it that the earth is flat.

Right on :

This is my depiction of Jesus (humour) :

Peace maaaannnn...

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Noice!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

Noice!

Actually this one would have been better :

Enjoy.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Now, lets go one step further and directly link our new sky god to geostationary weaponized drones positioned approx 100m above the ground in every population centre on the planet.

"who can make war against the beast?"

Sounds awesome.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

What’s wrong with California? Some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.

California is proof of a round planet, if we actually had a flat earth CA would most defiantly be on the bottom.

Hmmm funny you say that. In a three dimensional space there is no top nor bottom. You nominate California to be on the bottom but in reality it’s still on top.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

California is a versatile lover. It swings both ways depending on the drugs ingested

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

You nominate California to be on the bottom but in reality it’s still on top.

Hey - just like Australia innit???

edit on 20/4/2018 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

This is completely feasible to accomplish if somewhat Orwellian in the extreme.

Certainly, make monitoring our movement in real-time a distinct opportunity, but then again anonymity passed away a long time ago if truth be told.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

I agree with you.

Now add in Zuckerberg and the picture starts to come into focus.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Yes, you read that correctly. A startup company is seeking to build a satellite network capable of monitoring and broadcasting the entire Earth... In real-time and high-definition. This means that anyone could see what's happening anywhere on Earth with a delay of less than a second.

US-based startup EarthNow, which plans to deploy a constellation of hi-tech satellites to monitor the entire surface of Earth and stream HD footage 24/7, has secured backing from many notable investors, like Bill Gates and Airbus.

Each satellite is equipped with an unprecedented amount of onboard processing power, including more CPU cores than all other commercial satellites combined,”
Source

EarthNow website
Is this even real? This would be absolutely amazing if it came to fruition, but I highly doubt it will, for several reasons. Since this is ATS and all - imagine all the UFOs we could see coming and going.

Wonder how how much they'll charge to access the data from that and what kind of license it'll be under? Something tells me it won't be free for all to use as they wish.
edit on 20/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

wonder how how much they'll charge to access the data from that and what kind of license it'll be under? Something tells me it won't be free for all to use as they wish.

Free is a sure way to have everyone connected to the Matrix. Throw in some neat games and in some Face time and you can track any "Person Of Interest".

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

true, but it doesn't matter who sits on your committee when it comes to 'national security'. if there was a true hd 24/7 view of earth the militaries of the world wouldn't like it.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: dug88

wonder how how much they'll charge to access the data from that and what kind of license it'll be under? Something tells me it won't be free for all to use as they wish.

Free is a sure way to have everyone connected to the Matrix. Throw in some neat games and in some Face time and you can track any "Person Of Interest".

Hmm im talking more about for developers that would want to access whatever API they provide, how much it'll cost schools or agencies to get a license to use the data, will the data be under a similar license as Google maps or will it be like open streetmap's licenses. Will only certain people have access to data for certain areas of the world? What kind of data will they actually collect with this? Will all the data be under the same license or will they license topography and each layer separately. There's a lot more that goes into mapping than just taking pictures or video of the earth. How much information will it actually provide?

A live feed of the earth is cool and all for the public to look at but the value of the data it collects is far higher. That's the important part of this whole thing.

That's what governments, scientists, companies and anyone that actually wants to do anything with this will be interested in and that's where they'll make their money back. Data doesn't come cheap.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hmmm funny you say that. In a three dimensional space there is no top nor bottom. You nominate California to be on the bottom but in reality it’s still on top.

But I live in a 2 dimensional universe so they are still at the bottom.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Copying South Park.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Guess I'll have to start wearing pants when I go outside.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm not gonna hold my breath. I was already waiting for EarthCast years ago and it came out to be pay to view.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i am pretty sure NASA is going to love that
/s

(post by jonathanhopkins33 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

<< 1    3 >>

join