It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey memos leak online

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's really more important what the memos said. That's why the right is yelling about classified info. They don't want to deal with the content.
The content that shows what trump was thinking.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Let's ignore what he said though. Let's ignore how these memos written minutes after his meetings with the president agree completely with the testimony he made and to the contents in his book and to the notes that other agents made when Comey told them what had occurred.
Let's ignore that the memos outline a case for obstruction of justice and instead quash evidence because they think it's classified.
Obviously these classifications mean nothing.
When it benefits the president it's okay to release classified info as in oversight committee memos, but when it doesn't benefit the president as in these memos it's very important to adhere to rules.

Just how many times in a week must I point out the hypocracy?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Yes what did he say?

He said trump wanted the investigation to continue

He never said he felt obstructed

There is no case at all for obstruction

I’m fact comeys buddy Rosenstein wrote the recommendation he be fired

So what pint are you trying to make

Only die hard Dems like you think he said anything that is damning

Meanwhile comey is now looking at being investigated for leaking, and as my threads have shown, it is looking likely that the memos show this was a setup from the get go to get trump

edit on 21-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Yes what did he say?

He said trump wanted the investigation to continue

He never said he felt obstructed

There is no case at all for obstruction

I’m fact comeys buddy Rosenstein wrote the recommendation he be fired

So what pint are you trying to make

Only die hard Dems like you think he said anything that is damning

Meanwhile comey is now looking at being investigated for leaking, and as my threads have shown, it is looking likely that the memos show this was a setup from the get go to get trump

I personally feel the president is safe...probably not his son or son in law.

However nothing in the memos says obstruction or not obstruction.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Obviously these classifications mean nothing.

Divulge a classified document improperly and tell me how they mean nothing then... you'll do it from behind Leavenworth bars.

When it benefits the president it's okay to release classified info as in oversight committee memos, but when it doesn't benefit the president as in these memos it's very important to adhere to rules.

Yes, that is one of the powers of the President. Many people can classify documents; few can declassify. The President is among those few, and even he has restrictions (which have not been violated to my knowledge).

Is that really so hard to understand?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

However nothing in the memos says obstruction or not obstruction.

Verbatim, no. We will never see a document wherein Comey states "President Donald J. Trump is not obstructing justice." I have never seen the words "TheRedneck of ATS has not committed the crime of sodomy with an emu" either; it does not follow that I have done so.

I promise.

Anyway... the points that are being raised are that the described actions and words of Trump, as recorded by Comey at the time, indicate a desire to continue the investigation, and at the same time deny any personal involvement. On multiple occasions, Comey records that Trump made statements to the effect of wanting to know if anyone on his campaign was guilty of involvement with Russian interference, even pointing out that some (Flynn) had acted in other ways he personally deemed improper. Trump shows no indication of being overly loyal to his campaign people, other than assessing their personal integrity as he understands it. In Flynn's case, he does not consider Flynn to be someone he would trust with high-level responsibilities, but still appears to consider Flynn a person of some integrity.

That is not a crime. It is actually the opposite of obstruction of justice, because Trump's words and actions indicated a desire for justice, again, in Comey's own recollection at the time of the conversations.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Right out of the gate on page one, Comey admits the classification of these memos in his mind is "secret"

This would make it illegal to leak.

This alone, along with the redactions, seems to make this a pretty cut and dry case if this is indeed the memos he leaked to his freind to be leaked to the press.

So are you saying he is the ONLY one who may have leaked these classified memos?

Well he admitted leaking them to his friend and instructing him to give it to the press

So yeah It’s pretty cut and dry

Well just because he said he leaked it, doesn't mean he ACTUALLY leaked it, Duh!

You just lack the mental gymnastics to think clearly.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't have the kind of information that would allow me to say one way or the other.

However, I do see some signs hope hicks and Don Jr may have obstructed justice. May have.

And Kushner may also have some troubles.

I think Trump should be fine if he can keep himself under control and not over react.

It does suck to be accused of crimes you didn't commit bit you are I couldn't shout at judges or say dumb things without fear of that hurting the case. I don't like special treatment for politicians. Even the president.

But that isn't here or there.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Well said!

In addition, we never see comey say he felt pressure that trump would punish him if he didn’t end the investigation

So we have everything you said above which is correct, the fact that the investigation continued after comeys firing, and the fact Rosenstein was the one who recommended comeys firing

There is no obstruction shown at all

edit on 21-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How convenient Comey took his own meeting minutes after said meeting How can we even know the contents of these memos are true?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well said!

In addition, we never see color met say he felt pressure that trump would punish him if he didn’t end the investigation

So we have everything you said above which is correct, the fact that the investigation continued after comeys firing, and the fact Rosenstein was the one who recommended comeys firing

Yes not with the info the msm has...

However you have to realize Mueller has kept things tight. We really have no idea what information there is.

If you are actually honest you have to understand fox news or msnbc doesn't have the information. They have talking points.

Buy yeah the talking points don't equal obstruction.

Now hicks and Don jr may be different.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Well said!

In addition, we never see color met say he felt pressure that trump would punish him if he didn’t end the investigation

However you have to realize Mueller has kept things tight. We really have no idea what information there is.

If you are actually honest you have to understand fox news or msnbc doesn't have the information. They have talking points.

Well you could say that about any crimes

The fact is many Dems and their media shills have went on and on about how the comey memos proved obstruction, and that is blatantly a lie

Let’s also not forget that these comey memos being leaked and the screams of how it proved obstruction was the impetus for the forming of a special counselor l, and we now see that it was all exaggerated lies

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Well said!

Well you could say that about any crimes

The fact is many Dems and their media shills have went on and on about how the comey memos proved obstruction, and that is blatantly a lie

Let’s also not forget that these comey memos being leaked and the screams of how it proved obstruction was the impetus for the forming of a special counselor l, and we now see that it was all exaggerated lies

Correct which is why wait for the end of the investigation and trials are the correct response.

Conservative media is every bit as speculative and people get so wrapped up in talking points. You see direct verbage and idea trains.

I try and not concern myself with the msm opinions.

It's no better from Hannity than it is from Maddow.

I think sessions being from the campaign was a big factor in the SC. Rodstein fired comey so the conflicts of interests in the procedure is to have an independent investigator. One people praised mind you until it looked like he was going to take his job seriously.

Newt Gingrich

@newtgingrich
Robert Mueller is superb choice to be special counsel. His reputation is impeccable for honesty and integrity. Media should now calm down

edit on 21-4-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Conservative media is every bit as speculative and people get so wrapped up in talking points. You see direct verbage and idea trains.

Well, let me put my cards on the table here...

There is little difference overall between Hannity and Maddow. Both are extreme in their views, both are partisan to the extreme, both place their personal agendas before all else, and both have been known to stretch the truth at times (sometimes to the breaking point). I have no love for Hannity, although I do consider him preferable to Limbaugh.

The difference right now is that Hannity has latched onto a winning argument and Maddow has latched onto a losing one, IMO. On another day the reverse might be true. Party line =/= truth.

I admit to watching Fox News primarily, and I do try to catch the opinion shows... but not to form my opinion. I form my opinion from the facts as I understand them, backed up by as much research as I have time to perform. I look at case law, criminal statutes, and those facts that both sides admit to form my opinion. That's why I join threads late in so many cases, because I am still researching while others are talking.

I watch the op-eds because I want to know what both sides are thinking (and Hannity is great for that because he loves to nit-pick Democrats). If I know what the facts are, and I know what both sides are trying to frame the facts as, I usually have a pretty good idea of what each side is going to try next. If I know that, then I know what each side is likely looking at, and I know how badly my life will be impacted by their next moves.

In the end, that is all this boils down to: how will this affect me?

In the present issue of the Comey menus, it affects me because it affects my expectation that I am afforded the same definition of justice that others are afforded. It determines my confidence in the FBI to effectively protect my interests without becoming a new incarnation of the Gestapo. It affects Trump's success in his agendas, which have thus far been primarily good for my future.

I want a good life in a country that treats me with the dignity all citizens should have, and treats me fairly under the law. If the ex-Director of the FBI has lied to damage the person responsible for bettering my life, that is a big... a bigly big... deal.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well I agree that both sides are equally bad.

So why so the investigators go after trumps side with such vigor, and go so easy on Hillary?

I could go on and on about it but we all know the prof

So if we all acknowledge both sides are shady, why not a special counsel looking in to both sides?

It seems people argue both sides are bad, but are content with only investigating one side, or allowing the investigators to favor one side

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

There is no need for a special council for investigating Hilary because Jeff sessions should be able to direct the doj and Wray the fbi to investigate and prosecute. There is no conflict of interest. Where as with the Russia investigation sessions was part of the source of the nvestigarion and rodstein fired comey setting up two conflict of interest.

The firing of McCabe and demotion of others is how the doj is cleaning up its investigation powers for such a thing.

Again this is a 17 year long problem that started after 911 when Congress both Democrat and Republican allowed massive power to the federal government and streamlined a warrant process.

Bush, Obama, and Congress are at fault. Including moat of those now making noise like it's out of the blue and "the other guys fault"

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Well, let me put my cards on the table here...

There is little difference overall between Hannity and Maddow. Both are extreme in their views, both are partisan to the extreme, both place their personal agendas before all else, and both have been known to stretch the truth at times (sometimes to the breaking point). I have no love for Hannity, although I do consider him preferable to Limbaugh.

The difference right now is that Hannity has latched onto a winning argument and Maddow has latched onto a losing one, IMO. On another day the reverse might be true. Party line =/= truth.

I admit to watching Fox News primarily, and I do try to catch the opinion shows... but not to form my opinion. I form my opinion from the facts as I understand them, backed up by as much research as I have time to perform. I look at case law, criminal statutes, and those facts that both sides admit to form my opinion. That's why I join threads late in so many cases, because I am still researching while others are talking.

I watch the op-eds because I want to know what both sides are thinking (and Hannity is great for that because he loves to nit-pick Democrats). If I know what the facts are, and I know what both sides are trying to frame the facts as, I usually have a pretty good idea of what each side is going to try next. If I know that, then I know what each side is likely looking at, and I know how badly my life will be impacted by their next moves.

In the end, that is all this boils down to: how will this affect me?

In the present issue of the Comey menus, it affects me because it affects my expectation that I am afforded the same definition of justice that others are afforded. It determines my confidence in the FBI to effectively protect my interests without becoming a new incarnation of the Gestapo. It affects Trump's success in his agendas, which have thus far been primarily good for my future.

I want a good life in a country that treats me with the dignity all citizens should have, and treats me fairly under the law. If the ex-Director of the FBI has lied to damage the person responsible for bettering my life, that is a big... a bigly big... deal.

TheRedneck

I understand.

But this has been going on a while. It's like ignoring history to say it's one person like Comey, lynch Obama etc. It was congress who passed the Patriot act. It is congress that passes fisa expansions, Congress who changed the special council laws to investigate white water etc...

I find it more productive to call out bad policy than nit pick which administration was in power at the time. Without the laws after 911 that were passed and expanded on for the last 17 years passed and supported by democrats and Republicans in Congress this never would have happened.

Ashcroft, Lynch etc used what they were gifted.

This is why you can't pass this stuff.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

It's really more important what the memos said. That's why the right is yelling about classified info. They don't want to deal with the content.
The content that shows what trump was thinking.

Content dont matter. giving government info to a civilian. is a crime itself

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Has anyone explained when Trump and Putin talked about the quality of hookers in Russia?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Has anyone explained when Trump and Putin talked about the quality of hookers in Russia?

Well whenever Comey says they did

Don't you know ?

😆

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join