It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey memos leak online

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

You fell hard for that?

😐

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ya, I feel hard for your nonsense, don't know how i'll get thru the day..

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
OH my goodness a leak of from Comey ......Shocker! I would never expect a leak of information generated by Comey....

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I skimmed through the memos and assume this isnt the entirety of all the memos. I would assume a person of his position would have daily memos taken and to be honest organized in a way that they were more professional looking or kept better than these. These for the most part looks like someone whipped out MS Word and typed stuff on the fly. I would like to see someone subpoena all his supposed notes from the last 3 years to see what his pattern of note taking was? Did he actually do daily notes for the last 3 years or just type up a few pages of # he remembered from select dates after he was fired? In all they also seem to have a negative tone towards POTUS from the beginning.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I got the memos last night, and I didn't want to get into this until I had time to thoroughly read them. I have. I have also read this thread, and I am very disappointed in the content of this thread thus far.

A few points I need to point out that I have heard here:
  • A 'leak' is an unapproved disclosure of information outside of official channels. These memos have been redacted and officially approved for release. That is not a leak. When Comey provided a memo to a friend with instructions to take it to the press, that was a leak.

• Leaks are illegal. Period. No matter who does it. Donald Trump has the right and ability to declassify documents on a whim; had he done what Comey did, he would still be guilty of leaking information.

• No government document is officially classified at the time it is created. Those in positions of creating documents are tasked with making judgements as to the proper classification at the time the document is created, and treating such document(s) accordingly. Official classification is made afterwards.

• Those not charged with creating government documents in the course of their duties are held to a slightly different standard, since they only deal with documents which are already officially classified.

• Regardless of classification, all government documents are the sole property of the government. It is strictly illegal to take, disclose, or in any way profit from use of, any government document.

• Any document which is created by a government employee or government contractor concerning their contract, on or using government property, or concerning any government activity which a person has been given access to, is automatically the property of the government.

Now, to the memos...

I suspected as such before their release, but these memos simply reinforced to me that Comey is a disgruntled employee upset at being fired. In the memos he goes into great detail about what he discussed with Trump, including subjects that were occurring around the time of the memos. Some of these are highly redacted as to details of what was discussed (as is proper), but they still give hints as to the subject under discussion (like the references to the G7 summit). To my mind, that lends credibility to their accuracy.

The overall conversations between Comey and Trump centered around a recurring theme of the Steele Dossier and Trump's reaction to its existence. I find Trump's response to the news of it to be understandable; no person in his situation would be oblivious to the damage it could do. Whether true or not, such an allegation could lead to marital issues, a loss of credibility among those one deals with, and uncomfortable questions. Trump regularly expressed concern about this and consistently requested that Comey perform an action to minimize this issue.

Such a request is not out of line. Trump had already been informed he was not personally under investigation and that the dossier was unverified. He even gave easily verified evidence, in the form of a timeline, that the dossier was false. In my mind, that is a reasonable request. Comey was the person who had brought it to his attention, and thus he expected Comey to use what authority he held to mitigate what was agreed to be an issue.

Comey's response was to do nothing except kick the responsibility to another department. Chains of command are important, but are not always the quickest or best way to resolve an issue. Oftentimes, the best way is to directly handle the problem, while ensuring that everyone who would normally be involved in the process be kept in the loop. Trump is a man of action, and he was obviously irritated that his requests for actual action were being ignored.

Comey, apparently, is a man of words, not action.

This completely explains the narrative that has been pushed so hard, that Trump admitted in an interview that he fired Comey over a refusal to stop the Russian collusion investigation. Trump mentioned in the interview that he was going to fire Comey anyway "because of the Russia thing." That was apparently true, but not because Comey refused to drop the investigation... because Comey refused to assist in lifting the cloud of doubt that was unjustly interfering with Trump's ability to do his job, despite having both the ability and reason to do so.

As to the request to "drop the Flynn thing," I have never seen where that was improper. If I knew inside information about someone that indicated that while technical guilt may have existed but who had not intended to violate a law, I might suggest to an official that it might behoove them to let the deed slide. That is not obstruction of justice as defined in the law. The multiple times Trump requested Comey to continue with the investigation into his "satellites" indicates just the opposite of obstruction.

And those arguing that these memos do not disprove the narrative being pushed should remember something: this is not a memo from Trump, or Nunes, or Sessions, or anyone in the current administration. These words are from the mind of James Comey before he was fired, before he had any idea he was going to be fired. The very man whose words have been used to try and push a narrative, has now been shown to state unequivocally that said narrative is false.

Based on the memos, I now believe that Mueller's investigation, while it should be limited in certain aspects well beyond his original scope of investigation, should continue; I was leaning to a suggestion that he be fired before the memos surfaced. I believe that Rod Rosenstein has been remiss in controlling the scope of Mueller's investigation and allowing it to be turned into a "witch hunt"; Rosenstein should be fired and replaced with someone more dedicated to the truth. It also reinforces my belief that there is no evidence available that Donald Trump himself acted improperly in any way under the circumstances experienced at the time, and that any improper actions discovered will continue to surround associates, as they all have thus far.

This should end a lot of the speculation that has torn our country in half since the election.Unfortunately, I doubt it will.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: DBCowboy

Putin told Trump the hookers in Russia are the best. I thought that was funny but so far everything here is boring.

This right here is proof enough for me that there was no collusion. There's no way Trump would let a boast like that slide without arguing that, "American hookers are by far the best most beautiful hookers in the world, believe me!". Nobody gets one up on Trump, or America.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Hahaha - they're not fake news "journos" but just highlighting what their editors "emphasize"

Lets face it there is so much suspicious deaths since the days of the Clintons in Arkansas and yet a poster above is more concerned not with memos ( by actors directly involved in Trump/collusion investigations) being leaked but more concerned with money laundering by Trump/Russia through real estate deals.

You also have it proven that Trump visited Epsteins "lolita" island.

And yet drug Money laundering by spooks for black budgets don't bother them.

You have Diebold voting machines being hacked in 2000 & 2004. You have secret meetings of G8, you have annual Bilderberg meetings that impacts on the lives of hundreds of millions around the world. At these secret meetings they decide policy and possibly who will be promoted and pushed as leaders.

Its been shown that Trump are Clinton are related by blood.

Now baring the points above does anyone actually think it matters who is the "legal" or apparent leader of the greatest fighting machine for profit spreading so called democracy around the planet?

All I see is that their are factions that work for the same nefarious goals. ie a hidden hand that picks the winner aided by a deep state. The "Epsteins" of this world serve a purpose in keeping the elected President or Prime ministers of Commonwealth countries in line.

You have the Smith-Mundt Modernization act allowing propaganda to be legal; and yet the CIA had their spooks in the major US papers since the 50's. LOL

Do you really think there is a Republic serving the interests of the Commonwealth (the people ) of The United States of America?

When will you people wake up and stop making it partisanship. If your opposition party wins at the next election you're going to have a Pyrrhic victory. Unless you're part of the swamp. You're not going to have some secret money thrown at you in some offshore account (see Panama Papers) You'll still be wondering why you pay the highest medical care and highest taxation and yet we are some of the richest countries in the world

(BTW all the above also applies to my homeland of Australia)

There is no representative government of the people. Our leader is doing Washingtons bidding playing brinkmanship in the South China sea against China's navy again for example!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Right out of the gate on page one, Comey admits the classification of these memos in his mind is "secret"

This would make it illegal to leak.

This alone, along with the redactions, seems to make this a pretty cut and dry case if this is indeed the memos he leaked to his freind to be leaked to the press.

So are you saying he is the ONLY one who may have leaked these classified memos?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Perhaps you missed comeys comments this week, where he admitted to only revealing the info about humas computer because he assumed hillary was going to win, and he wanted to assure her presidency wasnt deligitimized.

I totally missed him saying that and I have watched several interviews this past week.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Is 226 days in jail Putinesque enough for you?

en.wikipedia.org...(journalist)#The_video

Wolf served 226 days...

videotaped an anti-G8 anarchist protest in San Francisco on July 8, 2005 in which some of the protesters wore masks and vandalized property. Later that same night, and over the next few days, Wolf edited his footage and posted the video to a local activist news website, Bay Area Indymedia, or Indybay.[9] Wolf also sold the video to the television broadcast station KRON the day after the protest. In the process of documenting protest actions, Wolf had recorded a tense scene of a protester being choked by a police officer and another officer threatening passersby with stun guns.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
DP apologies

edit on 20-4-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Right out of the gate on page one, Comey admits the classification of these memos in his mind is "secret"

This would make it illegal to leak.

This alone, along with the redactions, seems to make this a pretty cut and dry case if this is indeed the memos he leaked to his freind to be leaked to the press.

So are you saying he is the ONLY one who may have leaked these classified memos?

Well he admitted leaking them to his friend and instructing him to give it to the press

So yeah It’s pretty cut and dry

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Perhaps you missed comeys comments this week, where he admitted to only revealing the info about humas computer because he assumed hillary was going to win, and he wanted to assure her presidency wasnt deligitimized.

I totally missed him saying that and I have watched several interviews this past week.

It’s a shame you missed it.

It was in his interview with Stephanopolous

There are was a thread on it as well

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

and Comey is now under investigation by the DOJ for leaking classified information.

On a side note Nancy Pelosi disclosed classified info at a press conference where she announced her and members of the intel committee visited North Korea.
edit on 20-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well, he can think in his mind it was Secret but if it wasn't classified at the time then it's not classified. Thinking about classification doesn't equal classification. Were they classified at the time he released them?

Getting in trouble for leaking classified information is tricky, as it's all about your status and who you know. Hillary is one great example of this but so is the recently pardoned Scooter Libby. The everyday man/woman gets the book thrown at them for leaking classified info, whether knowingly or not.

When you are head of the FBI you are the one that classifies items. So it definitely makes it classified if he says it's classified. The boss has that power.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Good point. It sure sounds like he was preparing his own "insurance policy".

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: xuenchen

twitter is blocking this, hilarious.

twitter.com...

Rotfl....(oh I hate those text things but it appropriate here)

So a politician can say any old crap and Twitter etc just look the other way but when someone names a branch and makes understandable farce of it then they get all twitchy about the block button.

They are desperately trying to get the foot on our throats and if they do that then its the gun to the head next..

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well, he can think in his mind it was Secret but if it wasn't classified at the time then it's not classified. Thinking about classification doesn't equal classification. Were they classified at the time he released them?

Not true. It is the responsibility of the person creating the document to determine whether or not it is Classified/Secret and handle appropriately. It would be stupid otherwise. Think about it, if it had to go through a Derivative Classification Officer before it became classified, what would prevent the information being distributed before being turned over to the DCO?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: burntheships

They'll be saying it wasn't classified at the time

BwaaaaHaHaHa

😁

Look above; they a;ready are.

Comey had the ability to classify things (I believe) and classified these as secret; and yet still they say it wasnt classified when he sent it.

Doesn't matter. If Comey believed it was classified at the time, it was classified. Period. Until another DCO determines otherwise.
edit on 21/4/2018 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

Not true. It is the responsibility of the person creating the document to determine whether or not it is Classified/Secret and handle appropriately. It would be stupid otherwise. Think about it, if it had to go through a Derivative Classification Officer before it became classified, what would prevent the information being distributed before being turned over to the DCO?

Don't matter if it wasn't classified. It was government property handed to a non government employee. a crime in itself.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join