It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey memos leak online

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's ok, I mean it's literally Hitler they are going after, by whatever means necessary, eh?

Legal/illegal pffft... being literal Hitler is more illegaler than anything else you could do.
edit on 4/20/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nothing you mention violates the law. Except leaking classified info.

Are you really struggling to get that?

Your right asking for loyalty isn't a crime. Also asking him if he could go easy on Flynn isn't a crime. And if Comey truly believed there was an ethical problem he should have immediately tendered his resignation and submitted a report to the accountability office. Thats what someone with ethics would have done.
edit on 4/20/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm driving to work listening to Bloomberg this morning and here's what they had to say about the Comey memos:

New memos between President Trump and former FBI Director James Comey before he was fired have been released. In them, Donald Trump discusses the possibility of jailing journalists and asks about loyalty to Trump

Of course, THOSE are the highlights they choose to share...
edit on 20-4-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well, he can think in his mind it was Secret but if it wasn't classified at the time then it's not classified. Thinking about classification doesn't equal classification. Were they classified at the time he released them?

Getting in trouble for leaking classified information is tricky, as it's all about your status and who you know. Hillary is one great example of this but so is the recently pardoned Scooter Libby. The everyday man/woman gets the book thrown at them for leaking classified info, whether knowingly or not.

Talk about cherry picking. "Officer, I was going 100pm over the speed limit, but at least the car isn't stolen!"

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yea, it's become pathetic. Last night after watching FOXs break down of it all I decided to see what CNN had to say. And right away I noticed they all looked unhappy and they were grasping at straws so hard it was laughable. Joh Lennon is a joke and should be fired. I saw him say I don't know if we can do a wide angle but I have all the memos spread across my desk. I was like wtf are you trying to say? Look I have all the memos across my desk so believe me guys I'm a real journalist.lol

edit on 4/20/2018 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nothing you mention violates the law. Except leaking classified info.

Are you really struggling to get that?

The struggle is real!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

That’s how it works, it’s not cherry picking.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Right out of the gate on page one, Comey admits the classification of these memos in his mind is "secret"

This would make it illegal to leak.

This alone, along with the redactions, seems to make this a pretty cut and dry case if this is indeed the memos he leaked to his freind to be leaked to the press.

Comey is an OCA as director of the fbi.
Seems he deemed these classified.
As he leaked them AFTER he was fired; he leaked classified information to a civillian with instructions to leak them to the press.
People go to jail for that.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This douchebag needs to go to JAIL!!.

Period.

Him and Clinton both!
edit on 4/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
And for those saying that these memos show nothing bad done by comey

Here is a thread i did

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Comey went out of his way to have the 2/14/17 memo to be unclassified, even including in the body of the memo that he has to chose his words carefully because its unclassified.

This is despite this memo being for him and the previous people he sent all of the classified memos to. ALmost as if he decided when writing the 2/14/17 memo that he was going to release it to people that could not view classified info.

In other words, comey planned on leaking this over 3 months before he was fired.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Let's all just ignore the fact that trump asked for loyalty and asked that the investigation into Flynn be let go.
Let's just ignore that the memos were given to congress about half an hour before they suddenly appeared online.
Let's ignore that the memos confirm what Comey testified to congress about and what he told his colleagues about and what he wrote in his book.
Let's ignore that Dana Boentes memos are practically identical word for word.

No what's important is was this info secret...

Okay....

Asking for loyalty and asking to go easy on FLynn isn't illegal.

So now your're mad that the memos Comey leaked were leaked by someone else?!? We're you that outraged when he leaked them in the first place?

When you play with fire, you can get burned. Comey is on fire. The letter from Congress pretty much lays out his behaviors. He had questions about LL motives and behaviors, yet NEVER documented his discussions with her via memos?

We should ask Comey what he knows about the "Insurance Policy" meeting that seemingly all the higher ups at the FBI in Washington attended with Andy. Either he knew about it or was so incompetent he was clueless about it. Either way is fine with me. Shows how bad of an FBI leader he was.

edit on 20-4-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Period.

Him and Clinton both!

I think the biggest problem is what come is doing to the FBI. The FBI is known as the silent service. FBI do not talk about what they do there number one rule is remaining silent about one’s service. For him to trash the FBI for personal gain is appalling.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

For him to trash the FBI for personal gain is appalling.

There were a whole group of them that were there for nothing more than personal gain. Notice how many in office are not seeking re election?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'm driving to work listening to Bloomberg this morning and here's what they had to say about the Comey memos:

New memos between President Trump and former FBI Director James Comey before he was fired have been released. In them, Donald Trump discusses the possibility of jailing journalists and asks about loyalty to Trump

Of course, THOSE are the highlights they choose to share...

Just go on CNN they're still grasping at anything to keep their narrative going. Just give it up already and move on to the next sensationalized headline. Comey has zero credibility now

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Period.

Him and Clinton both!

I think the biggest problem is what come is doing to the FBI. The FBI is known as the silent service. FBI do not talk about what they do there number one rule is remaining silent about one’s service. For him to trash the FBI for personal gain is appalling.

I happen to agree with this sentiment. In retrospect, I think Comey should have kept his head down, continued to do his job and not worry about what partisan Americans think.

There is a good piece on CNN that talks about one of his biggest mistakes, and that is he claimed he did this in order to be transparent with the American people and to fit that goal he disclosed that the FBI had reopened the email investigation, due to the emails on Weiner's laptop.

That public disclosure appears to of had an effect on the election itself, in favor of Trump.

But Comey was not completely transparent with the American people because he did not disclose that there were also open investigations in to Trump people taking place at the same time.

Whether or not such a disclosure would of had a significant effect on the election is irrelevant at this point and while I respect Comey for his work and believe he is an honorable person, his claims of wanting to be transparent and remain non-partisan seem a bit hallow when you consider he did not reveal that Trump and friends were in a similar situation, or perhaps even worse considering what we know now.

As we look back at this in retrospect, it may be reasonable to suggest that Comey's actions benefited Trump and that Comey was not completely transparent.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
How do we know that anything Comey wrote down is even the truth? Those guys can write down anything they want, since there are no recordings, right? What bothers me is that we have to take it on faith that the memos these freaks wrote are truthful. They can write down anything they want, and there is no way to refute it.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
he admits talking to putin about hookers! wonder when that conversation took place. it was always very confusing during the election on how close the two were. at first he claimed they had a great relationship at other times he claimed they never met. lol but, they talked about hookers - that's good to know. what a sleaze...

jailing journalists is very putinesque.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
How do we know that anything Comey wrote down is even the truth? Those guys can write down anything they want, since there are no recordings, right? What bothers me is that we have to take it on faith that the memos these freaks wrote are truthful. They can write down anything they want, and there is no way to refute it.

It's the "He said She said" syndrome !!

😀

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Be afraid

Be very afraid !!

😎

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

that's you reply? ok...

“I never met Putin, I don’t know who Putin is,” he said in a news conference in July 2016 — his last of the campaign. This was the same news conference in which he called on the Russians to release emails stolen from Hillary Clinton.

the stable genius doesn't know who putin is. lol maybe john barron can clear it up for him..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join