It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey memos leak online

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I’m pretty sure they would need to be classified in the real world. Not his mind. Lol

And secondly they were leaked. Comey didn’t release them. It is only a crime if he was the leaker.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

It's not, and because I don't subscribe to Trump's fan base or the modern conservative rational that doesn't make me a lefty.

I have one breaking news app that covers ALL US media outlets and also foreign ones as well. Sometimes it gets really annoying because I don't care about a cricket game in India.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
Comey tells CNN he doesn't really know what's in his own Memos !!!!

Getting better by the minute 😃

Read Qs last post. These being leaked are fake. Comey wont divulge the real content.

If this if is true then I would expect those who read them before,
such as Grassley would speak up immediately.

However, I do think they are fake in that they are figments
of Comey's imagination. He is lying right and left.....
edit on 19-4-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Lumenari

Well, I don't know the full story of these memo's. I don't know the beginning, the middle, and the end is still to come, so tell me were they classified at the time of Comey releasing them to whomever? If not, they weren't classified. As you know, anything can be classified or declassified at any point in time.

So you have a TS/SCI in the military, gov't, or private sector?

Crypto person here, so military.

It has always been common knowledge that private conversations between the President and the FBI are classified from the get go.

He could, I guess, declassify them if he so felt he needed to, but he would have needed clearance from the White House to do so.

I think he probably didn't get that clearance.

Otherwise, he would have not had to leak them. He could have just sent them to WaPo as an op ed.

And then there are the redactions....

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If trumps master plan is to show America we suck and are hypocrites. He is winning.

Either it's OK to leak or not.

Fighting back against a corrupt justice system with corruption is self serving and absolutely dangerous. I honestly am shocked how easy opinions switched on a dime.

I understand now why Gowdy is leaving.

Winning has become more important than justice.

Psyops are the new God

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why is he so obsessed about height.

I am very tall.

I do not feel the need to constantly talk about it.

I don't pick short friends to make myself appear larger.

This man really loves himself...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If he was on anyone’s side it was trumps.. obviously..

Remember he told the world about uma’s computer and the investigation in the first place?!?!

He is a card carrying republican..

Hell trump is saying now he fired him for telling on Hillary mid election?!?!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
they appear very.... boring.

nothing outrageous or damaging in anything...

I know Q is suggesting they are fake but... for all we know, Q is the one lying.

nothing burger here

I have yet to see anything earth-shattering in this.

Except as the first paragraph shows, comey knew this was classified material, and still leaked it.

So yeah, the head of the fbi broke the law out of personal animosity to the president, and this lead to his buddy mueller being appointed as a special counsel.

Thats pretty bad.

Comey released the 2/14/2017 memo Page 10 and Page 11 Unclassified

So much for that talking point.

But did he "Intend" to ?

😀😁

Yes, he said he did himself multiple times. Besides you cant "leak" an unclassified document.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Right out of the gate on page one, Comey admits the classification of these memos in his mind is "secret"

This would make it illegal to leak.

This alone, along with the redactions, seems to make this a pretty cut and dry case if this is indeed the memos he leaked to his freind to be leaked to the press.

He proactively classified that memo as secret at the time. If you notice not all the memos are classified to the same level. Some are Confidential and Unclassified. Also which memo was leaked?

The 2/14/2017 memo is the one that comey leaked and it is Unclassified.

If that was the only memo leaked, you are right that comey mentions in gthat memo that it is unclassified.

So I was wrong.

However, that doesnt mean that this info was in fact unclassified, only that comey felt it was.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Well, I don't know the full story of these memo's. I don't know the beginning, the middle, and the end is still to come, so tell me were they classified at the time of Comey releasing them to whomever? If not, they weren't classified. As you know, anything can be classified or declassified at any point in time.

It has always been common knowledge that private conversations between the President and the FBI are classified from the get go.

He could, I guess, declassify them if he so felt he needed to, but he would have needed clearance from the White House to do so.

Otherwise, he would have not had to leak them. He could have just sent them to WaPo as an op ed.

well explained and spot on

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Fellow spook? What branch? Former CTO here, a rate now gone and merged with IT.

I wouldn't say all convo's with POTUS are to be classified as classification is determined by how said info could affect National Security but neither of us worked in the WH or are FBI agents so that world is not something we are experts on. The question is, what are the exact memo's he is being accused of releasing, are they classified now and were they classified at the time of release?

If he did release them it shouldn't be to difficult to trace it back to him. Would he face prosecution? He has name recognition but I don't think he has many friends left in DC that will help him out. Republican and Democrat politicians clearly have grudge against him.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Well, yeah you can. Even if it's Unclass, it can still be deemed sensitive. Even if it isn't deemed sensitive you still can't just go freely spreading it around to those who don't need to know but that all depends on what the content is.
edit on 19-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   
You are assuming I never had a White House post....

and we will leave it at that... I will toast you though on a job that was thankless by nature and still troubles me because I still have to be two people.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Lumenari

well explained and spot on

I know we argue but you do seem to hold principle.

How do you feel about a leak like this?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

f'n operators
former ctm
it has"opened a pandoras box of judicial inequality"
if i gave classified info to my pal to give to a paper i would still be in leavenworth

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Right out of the gate on page one, Comey admits the classification of these memos in his mind is "secret"

This would make it illegal to leak.

This alone, along with the redactions, seems to make this a pretty cut and dry case if this is indeed the memos he leaked to his freind to be leaked to the press.

He proactively classified that memo as secret at the time. If you notice not all the memos are classified to the same level. Some are Confidential and Unclassified. Also which memo was leaked?

The 2/14/2017 memo is the one that comey leaked and it is Unclassified.

If that was the only memo leaked, you are right that comey mentions in gthat memo that it is unclassified.

So I was wrong.

However, that doesnt mean that this info was in fact unclassified, only that comey felt it was.

The fact that the government didnt reto classify the memo should be a indicator for you.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

as do you
we ALL believe in the constitution and justice

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: Grambler

So the memos are now leaked or is that a euphemism?

It's hard keeping up with when it's OK to leak or not...

If this was an illegal leak than I have trouble seeing how this is now OK and it would prove why the doj wouldn't want to give them up if they are part of an investigation.

If it's just a play on words ignore above .

If it was an illegal leak it should be investigated and the leaker charged.

I feel the same for leaks on aall sides.

However, I will still read the info from all sides even if it was illegally leaked.

Well it proves exactly why the fbi and doj don't want "oversight" to have them

Why, because they want the monopoly on leaking things?

Keep in mind, this is only relevant because the former head of the FBI leaked the info to ghis friend and the press with the purpose of having a special counselor appointed; which worked.

A special council was appointed because Jeff Sessions was made the AG. He worked for the campaign and had to recuse himself because he is a dolt. Literally.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt but it sure looks like you are more concerned with winning than justice.

Ethics don't change when they become advantageous to partisan rhetoric.

Either Comey was wrong or not.

If he wasn't and you can simply break the law any time some else does and use the argument well he did it in court we may as well declare a banana republic.

The same thing we would have under Clinton.

You all dissapoint me

I have no idea what you are saying.

The NYT story about trump trying to get comey to let go of flynn is what led to the special counsel, which comey admitted is why he leaked.

As far as the rest; I have no idea what you mean. Where am I cheering for breaking the law?

You are saying the fbi doesnt want to give evidnece they legally have to to congress because they are afraid of leaks.

I am saying they leak too.

for someone who claims to be all for justice and rule of law, every post you have made on this is attempting to justify why the fbi and doj should not have to dislose anything to congress.

I would say that makes you the person cheering for lawlessness, and as such you disappoint me.

And eta, perhaps you missed this post of mine that was a direct reponse to you.

"If it was an illegal leak it should be investigated and the leaker charged.

I feel the same for leaks on aall sides.

However, I will still read the info from all sides even if it was illegally leaked."
edit on 19-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

A White House post? Interesting. Wish that came up for me when I was up for a new command but I preferred staying overseas tbh.

I would dare say all intelligence field jobs are thankless, it's the nature of the beast.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: xuenchen

If he was on anyone’s side it was trumps.. obviously..

Remember he told the world about uma’s computer and the investigation in the first place?!?!

He is a card carrying republican..

Hell trump is saying now he fired him for telling on Hillary mid election?!?!

Perhaps you missed comeys comments this week, where he admitted to only revealing the info about humas computer because he assumed hillary was going to win, and he wanted to assure her presidency wasnt deligitimized.

So even that action was his misguided attempt to help hillary.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join