It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Magnitude 3.6 earthquake strikes near Detroit, Michigan.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If disaster befalls Detroit, would anyone really be able to tell?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: CharlesT

It doesn't sound nuts to me. I've considered this too, over the years. What if oil is the life-blood of the planet. (Now you think I'm crazy, haha) But there may be detrimental effects to sucking large quantities of oil up out of the Earth, that we never imagined.

That isn't nuts at all. I came up with the oil/blood idea some time ago as well while pondering the state of the world. IMO it make much more sense that "dead dinosaurs" and "old trees". Now I can see coal being old trees for a large part, if the world is much older than 5,000-10,000 years though.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There was a picture posted on another site about another topic and this earthquake came up. The picture is of a rather large explosion. I dont know if it's real or fake, but it's there.

Pardon the external but cant upload on mobile.

picture

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: slayerfan

I live just across the Detroit river from where the quake hit. My place shook bad and lasted a good 20 seconds. It was fairly intense. I was dozing off on the couch when it hit. Startled to say the least.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'm located right on the North Shore of Lake Erie, about 5 km from the epicentre of this little quake.

My wife and I were sitting around after dinner when it hit. Made me get up and have a look toward the lake because we often feel that kind of thing when a 1000 footer goes by and rubs the side of the channel about a kilometre off shore.

Felt the house shudder a bit and the rumbling was kinda neat but other than that, really nothing.

Have to note that the epicentre is located pretty close to an operational quarry . . . we often get a bit of shaking when they're blasting. We've also got a labyrinth of still operational underground salt mines running below Essex County, so there's a possibility there as well.

First time in 55 years, though so I can scratch that one off the list!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
yellowstone will literally go off in minutes prepare

Care to elaborate?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: slayerfan
Well this is little odd. Today at 815 p.m.,never my 40 years in Michigan remember earthquakes till last couple years been 3 now.

www.mlive.com...

And there was a 4.4 in Delaware a few days ago. Mother Earth is shaking off the fleas.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: slayerfan
Well this is little odd. Today at 815 p.m.,never my 40 years in Michigan remember earthquakes till last couple years been 3 now.

www.mlive.com...

Wife and I felt it.. We are about 7 miles away from epi-center across river/Canada..

Was very slight...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Neither my dad nor brother north in the suburbs felt anything. Definitely didn't feel it across the state around GR here (obviously, too weak)

Edit: Looks like it was on the Canadian side of the border, too. Amherstburg, Ontario.

Again.. We felt it so slightly.. and were parallel to Amhurstburg-6 miles west in the U. S.

It was very slight.. Enough to sound n feel like the weekly garbagemen dropping a dumpster.. 'cept it wasn't trash day

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Phage

Hmm.. thanks
There was a thread some time ago by TA explaining about it. I'll have to find it and do some Re Compression.

Comprehension good lord

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I live in Royal Oak, just north or Detroit. I didn't notice it.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I thought of it as like Roswell: Case Closed and "time compression" being a reason.

Thought you'd gone all interweb lingo cool with "Re[ading] compression" as a way to "speed read that which you already read"!

PS - Got a text from an ex-member when it happened but being under the weather, I shut my phone off and went to bed early! D'oh!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This hit right at a dramatic moment in this nail bitter a reply to: slayerfan

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join