It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two pilots report blinding UFO hovering above them

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Two experienced airline pilots have been left puzzled after seeing an unidentified flying object hovering above them at 40,000 feet.

A pilot from an American Airlines jet and a Learjet pilot working on an air ambulance mission both reported seeing a bright light above them while flying over Arizona in the US. However, when they radioed air traffic control to see if there was someone else on their flight path, the answer came back negative.

“Yeah it passed right over the top of us… It was just really beaming light or had a big reflection and several thousand feet above us, going the opposite direction.”

VIDEO IN SOURCE

LINK

edit on 19-4-2018 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Just a swamp mirage. That or satellite debris, muffler bearings and such. Maybe even a continuum transfunctioner.

Could easily be a high altitude fidget spinner launched by the USFF (united states force of ferbys)
edit on 4192018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Wow!!!!
Thats some pretty compelling shyte right there, Aliens or secret government type stuff for sure.

Wish I had more to add to the thread than an expression of amazement but sadly thats all I got, just felt the content deserved more than 1 comment.

S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Same event as discussed here I think:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Wow!!!!
Thats some pretty compelling shyte right there, Aliens or secret government type stuff for sure.

What amazes me is how easily amazed people are. The pilots reported a "blinding light." In other words, they did not see any sort of craft--just a light. And from that very small bit of information people are already invoking aliens. As a sighting this is nearly rock bottom. It doesn't even fall into the "daylight disk" category, which is only above a "nocturnal light" in the Hynek classification scheme. Here's the scale:

Nocturnal Light
Daylight disk
Radar Visual
Close Encounters - First Kind: Seemingly 500 feet or less with detail
Close Encounters - Second Kind: Physical effects
Close Encounters - Third kind: Animated creature

Wake me when you get to Close Encounters of the First kind and, you know, take a picture. These kinds of sightings of "lights" provide little, if any useful information. Speculating that a "blinding light" means "aliens from space" is just laughable.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Wow!!!!

What amazes me is how easily amazed people are. The pilots reported a "blinding light." In other words, they did not see any sort of craft--just a light. And from that very small bit of information people are already invoking aliens. As a sighting this is nearly rock bottom. It doesn't even fall into the "daylight disk" category, which is only above a "nocturnal light" in the Hynek classification scheme. Here's the scale:

Nocturnal Light
Daylight disk
Radar Visual
Close Encounters - First Kind: Seemingly 500 feet or less with detail
Close Encounters - Second Kind: Physical effects
Close Encounters - Third kind: Animated creature

Wake me when you get to Close Encounters of the First kind and, you know, take a picture. These kinds of sightings of "lights" provide little, if any useful information. Speculating that a "blinding light" means "aliens from space" is just laughable.

How about 'waking us' when your condescending tone about what others don't assert, relents. It's fairly juvenile for a person of your age -- after all, you've spent (per your own posts/replies) a considerable amount of effort reminding posters of their naivete regarding UAP/UFOs/whatever unexplained phenomena vis-a-vie your age-related deductive reasoning -- to continue to repeat the same talking points in an effort to cast doubt on claims...to simply, pat yourself on the back in a know-it-all attempt to cast aspersions.

Hey, keep on, keeping on. At least you're consistent...and maybe old and cranky??

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That's a pretty vague article. I don't think it even mentions the time of day. Was this at night? The stock Getty image is misleading.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

These kinds of sightings of "lights" provide little, if any useful information. Speculating that a "blinding light" means "aliens from space" is just laughable

All sightings that are not easily explainable are worth investigating. It was not on radar, and produced a very bright light. The pilots did not think it was a balloon (Google or otherwise). No one said "aliens.." not sure why you get the idea that people are 1. jumping to conclusions that it is aliens, and 2. are "amazed."

It's an anomaly - and so should be investigated. Even if for the sake that it's not safe to have unidentified craft in spaces where public aircraft are flying. They said it passed "right over" them. Doesn't sound super-safe to me.

As far as a valid UFO sighting, if one day in the future, more solid proof is provided, I have a feeling it will be from a small case like this.. not from a UFO landing on the lawn in front of the White House or the Kremlin.

edit on 24-4-2018 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Having experienced a radiant white mothership I am inclined to believe this pilot account. The thing buzzed over us four times, it sort of roared almost animal like as it went overhead. After it departed a king of candy floss / fine threads slowly descended from above and landed on us. can't imagine this being military so quite excited by this pilot sighting

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
could have been a balloon.

top topics

join