It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic violence where women are perpetrators - So little coverage of troubling issue

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Looking back at my days of college I can remember about 8 people (guys) who were in relationships that would become extremely volatile on a fairly regular basis. Of those 8 I was witness to 5 of them on a fairly regular basis and this was at a time when it seemed that there was only ever one side of the story being told, that of the man as being the perpetrator of violence, which was the total opposite of the actual situation. Time and time again, I watched the woman assault he boyfriend and it almost always started the same way, with an argument caused by the GF lying about something which the BF called them out on it and they didn't like it. The girls almost always felt that an argument gave them a free pass to physically assault their significant other and would kick, punch, scratch, bite, etc leaving bruises, cuts, etc and rarely would they suffer any major consequences to their actions. In fact, many of the guys got charges against them for simply restraining their girl friends, and the girl would go psycho when they were touched, elevating the whole ordeal to a new level.

Having lived in a house of 20+ guys, most of which had GF's most of the time, this was a fairly normal occurrence especially when mixing alcohol and the immaturity of 19-22 year olds.

NYT's article about the metoo movement now showing how women are the victims of domestic violence shows their one sided coverage of the issue when the statistics show that it is almost a 50/50 split to the number of assaults by each sex, yet somehow the MSM always wants to show men as the abusers. IDK if this is part of the feminism movement where you have a higher status if you claim victimhood to the opposite sex, or what it is.

I know for a fact what the girls talked about when they were together and there were few guys or guys they "trusted" and it is certainly not what is reported in the news. I wonder if the light of truth is ever going to be shown on on this subject or if we are going to continue to represent women as innocent angels when we know that is just about the furthest from the truth.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I doubt it as they, the metoo/feminists are all encouraging and "empowering" each other. I use empowering loosely as all they really are doing is feeding off each other's mentality and bully behaviour. Abuse goes both ways and whoever is doing the abuse should be held 100% accountable.

Such women are cringworthy and brainwashing the younger generations who already think they have to be tough and fight and yell, scream, go psycho.
edit on 19-4-2018 by InvisibleLady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
my sons mom went upside my head several times.

used to try and hit me in my ball bag

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The problem is that a lot of time, from what I have seen, women use manipulation to start fights in front of other people where they know they will get support from others and it will make the guy look bad. I've seen that more times that I can count in college and they psychologically abuse their significant other and talk # about them in front of others, just waiting for them to go off. The sick part is that this is coming from someone who is supposed to care for the other person, so it makes the insults/taunts even worse.

The video says 40% of domestic violence is suffered by men, well I would hazard a guess it is higher than 50% but many guys don't know that they are being abused, or that they can be abused b/c society has taught men that it is always their fault. I think this video shows a good example of what I saw in college, men were afraid to respond to physical attacks b/c the retarded SJW hero complex guy might jump in and clock them from behind, or some other chick will call the cops. They always use threats to get their way, or get someone else to fight dirty. It happened every time, every single time over 4 years and then a few times after college but I wasn't around that as much.

I'm concerned with the younger generation because I fear this has gotten worse with all the media coverage about women being the victims. The MSM really makes it seem like they are the only ones who suffer from this and it is criminal the way they cover it.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
my sons mom went upside my head several times.

used to try and hit me in my ball bag

I have some family that has to deal with this too and it has caused more stress in the family than you can imagine. The problem is that I know my cousin and I always wonder what his side is, but from what I've heard from their kid, I have to believe what my cousin says which makes the whole situation even more sad. Then other family members I know had to deal with similar issues of extortion like behavior that would cause any man to go over the edge, especially with constant threats of calling the police for being upset/angry in his own house (which he paid for and she paid nothing). Things really need to change big time in this society or it won't last.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have never touched a women in a violent manner and I've been assaulted by 3 out of the 4 women I've dated. They always seem to say bcuz i did like a tiny miniscule thing to them then it makes it okay. It's really messed up. I'd be in jail if i did to them what they've done to me

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I saw this kind of thing happen 20 years ago to my brother. He had finally extricated himself from a relationship with a real nutjob, so much so that our nickname for her was "psycho chick". Her last act of rage was to demolish virtually everything in his house with a baseball bat. After threats of arrests and/or restraining orders, he finally got her out for good (he thought). Then one day a few weeks later he was sleeping on the couch after working night shift. She broke in and snuck up with a good ol' frying pan and proceeded to beat the living crap out of him. He managed to throw her off and wrestle her out the door, where she calmly lit a cigarette and called 911. He ended up getting tossed in jail for domestic abuse and spent months and a good chunk of money defending his innocence.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My most recent incidence of this type of behavior was after I had met a woman at a bar a few times and we came back to my place after it closed one night. We had a few drinks while at my place and after a few hours I was ready to call it a night and I went over to start putting things away (to give her the hint) and noticed that the new 750ml bottle (expensive bottle at that) was almost empty with about 150ml left. I had only had 2 drinks and had poured her's so she had been sneaking vodka when I was in the bathroom or in the other room getting CD/DVD's or whatever. When she saw me putting the alcohol away she went nuts and demanded more and flew off the handle when I said I didn't feel comfortable giving her more since she was driving. She proceeded to threaten me (call police for some made up #), push/hit me, call me the worst names, etc and I was totally blown away that someone could act like this. IDK if this was because she was drunk, but I couldn't tell a difference between her earlier in the night and after she downed almost an entire bottle. Had there been knives close by I wouldn't have put it past her to stab me and she was in tears.

After that incident, I've never looked at women the same way, especially certain ones.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wonder what these statics would be like if they included the emotional abuse under domestic violence? I was introduced to passive aggressiveness and a whole new realm of emotional warfare the hard way.

But GOD#*&&$#, freedom never tasted so sweet.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
I have never touched a women in a violent manner and I've been assaulted by 3 out of the 4 women I've dated. They always seem to say bcuz i did like a tiny miniscule thing to them then it makes it okay. It's really messed up. I'd be in jail if i did to them what they've done to me

wow, I've got the same stat's as you. Only one GF was never violent and I think it was b/c she was a good bit younger than I was, but she lied a lot and I never confronted her about it, so that may have been why. In my other relationships I never touched them either until I had to stop their assaults and even then it would only be grabbing their wrist while they were hitting me, kicking me or pounding on me. Everytime that happened it was because I called them out on their blatant lies (they were usually outed by one of their own girl friends even!) and their reaction was like "how dare you stand up for yourself". Same with my friends.

The sad thing is that IF I were to ever lie to them, which I can't really remember doing it other than about how late I was out a few times, with other guys (getting away from my GF for a while), that it would turn into I was lying b/c I was with other girls and it would turn into an assualt on their part.

Knowing what I know now, I think most all of these fights I was in and those my friends were in is because of guilty consciences. The ones who get mad and assault others is because they think others are doing what they are guilty of themselves, ie - cheating or whatever. All I can say is that I'm glad my late teens/early twenties is well past me b/c that was the most drama filled time I've ever experienced and would never want to deal with that again.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
I wonder what these statics would be like if they included the emotional abuse under domestic violence? I was introduced to passive aggressiveness and a whole new realm of emotional warfare the hard way.

But GOD#*&&$#, freedom never tasted so sweet.

Amen. As a young man, I didn't understand the passive-aggressive behavior and thought a lot of things were my fault, but looking back I now understand what was going on and am so glad I put an end to the relationships. What I found odd is that everytime I, or friends, broke up with abusive girls, they turned totally nuts because they were being broken up with. Had they not treated their others like crap, this woudln't happen, but they have the attitude "how dare you break up with me" and "you'll never do better". I blame their dad's mostly for this behavior as many of them were treated and told they were princesses most of their lives. That has to have a negative effect on them. The girls who didn't have fathers like this I've never seen act like this, and I know many who are REALLY great girls but they would never call themselves princesses.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yes, as a man you are a second class citizens, you have no rights, you are guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don’t have a lot of sympathy for men who get beat up by women.
Unless your dating some 150kg biker chic or a martial arts expert your most likely able to defend yourself.

In my experience the blokes I know who have been hit by women deserved it, either by doing something pretty shytty or by tolerating it.
If anyone of sound mind hits you, hit them back.
You lose the “don’t hit a lady” card if you attack first

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You are advocating it's OK to hit women then, assuming you're a bloke if a woman hit you would hit her back?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

But it is not just the dads. Imagine being fawned over and given attention for simply having a bodily form that testosterone loves. I wonder what that does to the psyche?

This is a really fun show to watch from the sidelines. I have tried to educate both my son & daughter on simple reality. We as a society do not teach our children anything about the game of attraction, neither male nor female. We are witnessing that discord now.

For the older generations, especially the happy slaves who have found acceptable conditions, they have no clue as to the storm that is gathering. Year after year the discontentment grows. Instead of looking into this, they simply write it off as the males fault. 'Oh, they are just cucks or whimps' ... 'they just need to man up and get out of their childhood mode'

At the end of this, there will be a new contract between the sexes.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I remember being at a dinner one time, a holiday dinner at that, and the old hag took off her high heel and blasted her husband in the forehead with the spike.

If the roles were reversed he'd have been put in jail.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I don’t have a lot of sympathy for men who get beat up by women.
Unless your dating some 150kg biker chic or a martial arts expert your most likely able to defend yourself.

In my experience the blokes I know who have been hit by women deserved it, either by doing something pretty shytty or by tolerating it.
If anyone of sound mind hits you, hit them back.
You lose the “don’t hit a lady” card if you attack first

Well I'm guessing you are a woman. The problem with your mindset is that the type of woman that attacks men also thinks nothing about lying to the police about who started the fight and even self-injuring to make any of the guy's resistance look worse. When the cops show up (usually called by the woman), the story is almost always the same. The guy started it, overpowered the poor little woman and left marks on her. I had a girlfriend that blamed a big bruise on her thigh on me and I know for a fact I never did anything besides grab her hands to stop her from hitting me. Her bruise was from her sports (gymnastics), but it didn't stop her from showing people and telling everyone that it was my fault, luckily one of her teammates told me about her fall where the bruise happened. Had she called the police, what would I have been able to say? I'm sure I would have had charges pressed b/c we all know, girls never start # or make stuff up....

As for your attitude about men defending themselves, you are the exact reason this issue is such a problem, that attitude is what enables women to get away with this BS. Men can protect themselves but again, look at the "women" that attack guys, they will spin lies to get them in trouble most of the times, so guys take it and do the minimum to protect themselves. I can guarantee this is why men murder women much of the time but the story is alway "she was such an angel", right, show me one person alive who is/was an angel.
edit on 4 19 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I’m saying it’s ok to defend yourself from any source, being hit is different to being attacked or beaten up.
Ive been “hit” by a few women and without exception I deserved it and didn’t retaliate.

If I had been attacked in a sustained fashion for no reason then it would be irrelevant what does or doesn’t hang between the attackers legs, I’d do my best to put them down.

Touch wood I never have a reason to find out if I’d practice what I’m preaching

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I know a reformed blood. His wife beats him in front of their kids. He is scared to fight back and lose his kids /go to jail....which he is threatened with by his wife constantly.

Its insane. He used to gang bang/ killed lots of people from what I can tell. Lived the life, was all about it..... and now he gets beaten by an abusive trashy woman.

He is screwed yet I think he is just ok with it all.
Nuts. I cant fully understand that.

Life is truly incredible.

edit on 4 19 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join