It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Set To Release Comey's Memos, Could Lead To End Of Mueller's Investigation, Top Democrat Says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: screamager
republicans are getting more desperate by the day, trump supporters total lack of any intellect appears to be at an event horizon.
why continue to besmirch the fbi? its a conspiracy but, not here, on a conspiracy website.
used to be a conspiracy website, now its just republicans saying everything is fine, hey hillary!
so yeah, after his own son admitted to collusion they will just throw the case out.
lol

And here we have it in case anyone doubted.

Another example of a person calling anyone who wants corruption in the intel community dealt with as hurting the country.

Don’t you see? True conspiracy people worship the intel community and wouldn’t date question anything they say

Absolutely hilarious

Why so you believe Congress which is terrible provides oversight?

It's basically two rival gangs there is no oversight.

It's all illusion. Just look at the voting records.

Now yes your idealism is correct. The reality is its a lie. They are self serving and only provide oversight to their own causes. Not justice.

I believe that congress see My this provides a greater chance of we the people seeing it.

I believe that if a crime occurred allowing more people not involved even if they are crappy leads to a better chance of some sort of check and balance.

You are so nihilistic you think they are all so corrupt that there might as well be no oversight and the intel community should be able to do anything they want to anyone in total secrecy

I think that is a very bad idea

Another strawman?

I believe it's important to vote for people who vote for things that help the people in their district.

Not people who voted to protect opioid manufacturers and those who support expanding spying programs.

I believe in calling out the Ted haggards like nunes or schiff and promoting those like Gowdy or Paul.

That doesn't mean blindly following them though.

If you don't discriminate you are buying into the spin and half truths.

So no I disagree. In fact the psyops from the appearance of oversight is just as bad. It makes you believe there is oversight.

Who killed jfk?

That's right. It's none of your business.

Your rambling makes no sense.

People like Gowdy have repeatedly called out the intel community for avoidance my congressional oversight

You are just saying everyone’s bad, so everything is pointless

It’s childish

Not having any ersoght at all as you are fighting for means the intel community can do whatever they want, and the chance of being able to ever elect good people is zero

But go ahead, keep pushing for the intel community to not have to answer to anybody, I am sure that will solve the corruption

You need to back up claims. Childish? You just provided another strawman.

I never said oversight isn't necessary. I said the people you believe are providing at as corrupt or more so than the people you want to be monitored.

They literally vote for the laws the lead to this.

I would say your understanding is sophomoric at best.

Gowdy also believes Mueller is a stand up guy and should be allowed to work and that Cohen must have evidence against him.

But sure blind faith and defending your turf is oversight.

Sarcasm.

Gowdy and Goodlatte were the two that requested congress get these memos

And here you are somehow arguing against that and somehow trying to use Gowdy as a reason why

This conversation is pointless

You have made your point clear, you hate congress and therefore do not want them to have access to comeys memos

I am no fan of there’s but think that the law should be followed and oversight is necessary, and think that improves the people’s chance of seeing more evidence

It sure is pointless when you can't defend the actual topic.

I never said congress shouldn't get the memos. They did. In January.

I said. They are partisan hacks who spin meanings on an illiterate public who believes 24 hour news cycles.

I said they are full of it and don't care about justice but how spin gets them re elected.

Yep. I hate congress. The same people who vilify actual conservatives for trying to protect privacy and the budget. There are basically a handful of actual conservatives.

Answer me this.

Did Gowdy say the raid on Cohen was legitimate?

Does he say Mueller should continue?

Go ahead spin from teachers.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Shall I go back and post your initial comments?

You said this doesn’t make sense unless Gowdy is in on it.

You jut keep saying mueller is a good guy and Gowdy likes him

How does that have anything to do with the op?

Oh eta, I asked what justification there was for keeping congress from seeing this, you said the justification is they are corrupt.

So yes, you have been arguing against them seeing the info

You are cheering for the democrats and the intel community that doesn’t want this info made public, and have the audacity to say people that want oversight are the ones cheering for corruption

edit on 19-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Smoly Moly, luthier, the fox is in the henhouse in the first time in forever. I mostly agree with you on the reality of the situation and the privacy rape of the technocrats, but this is a little different. Or at least has the chance to be.

I don't know how you can't be a little excited about a smidgen of real justice no matter how it comes about.

Our real enemy, our collective enemy, is the deep state uni-party. They wear red or blue but their allegiance is to yellow and green.

Trump is the whirlwind in the thorn tree if nothing else.

I am excited. I believe Trump will drag it all down. And good!

However he ain't imo (which is biased) on the up and up or he would be talking about ending or limiting fisa, about ending bulk data collection, back door open warrants, etc...

He probably is salivating he gets to use them next time.

It's the laws and lawmakers IMO. They continue the stream of injustice.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Comey told Trump he will give his Loyalty !!

BwaaaaHaHaHa

😀

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Shall I go back and post your initial comments?

You said this doesn’t make sense unless Gowdy is in on it.

You jut keep saying mueller is a good guy and Gowdy likes him

How does that have anything to do with the op?

You posted a cherry picked article from the daily wire about ending Mueller.

It was totally out of context and honestly pissed me off because I like Ben Shapiro. But it was typical mass media bs.

Well this was read by Grassley in Jan. He is currently trying to protect Mueller. Not end it.

My point is they both read this month's ago and never came to this conclusion.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So Comey is a liar unless it's fits confirmation bias?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, basically history proves the great & true prognosticator and like Rome we're doomed? "It's too late" & "We'll alI be killed" in the words of Glum? Very probably but if indeed we are doomed if we do & doomed if we don't at least it's starting to look like there will be some deep state blood this time metaphorically speaking. That's worth the price of admission alone if nothing else.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

So Comey is a liar unless it's fits confirmation bias?

He's a darling isn't he 👉🤦‍♀️👋

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I think that's Graham.
edit on 19-4-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Comey says he told Trump He (Comey) doesn't do sneaky things and the FBI doesn't leak !!

The IRONY 😎

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I may sound like a Debbie downer, but I consider it realism.

I'm on an advisory council for our local government, a county seat. I get to see how "sausage" gets made.

Now I can't really compare local/state to a federal level, but I see so much of a self-serving attitude with local level politicians.

Part of my/our job is to metaphorically bitch-slap the politicians and bring some common sense to any given issue.

I wish I could slap the taste out of the mouths at the federal level.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Fellas I hope you are right. I hope trump is all your projections.

I just need proof.

Not spin.

I really don't care for the turf defending.

I have good friends who are democrats, libs etc...

What I hate is this modern irrational defending of turf no matter what. We all deserve a piece of the pie we can make. We don't deserve other people's pies unless they give it or vote to do it.

I used to like that Vermont was full of hippies and Texas libertarians. We all can't be the same and shouldnt. But we all deserve a chance to make a pie. Let's work towards that. The rest. The color or religion doesn't matter. Just a chance to make it yourself.

People with 80 iq's should be able to do live better than wall mart pay but not taken from the person making rockets. Unless they choose to give it.

How do we create a place we can all exist and leave each other alone?

Not by fighting for your favorite liar.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Damn. DC. Thank goodness for you!

I teach highschool wrestling. That's about as far as I go but we need people like you in government. (Just not to high up or they replace your sole with pyrite)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

On Thursday, sources told CNN that the U.S. Department of Justice is expected to release the memos of former FBI Director James Comey to Congress at some point today.

In a January report from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, Grassley wrote: "After a review of the seven memoranda created by former Director Comey, it is now clear that four are marked classified at various levels of sensitivity. Former Director Comey reportedly provided copies of four memos to Columbia Law School Professor Daniel Richman. If true, that would mean at least one disclosed memo contained information now-marked classified."

The top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), said that releasing Comey's memos puts Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in serious jeopardy of being "being placed in contempt of Congress and the special counsel investigation of being shut down," the Washington Examiner reported.

www.dailywire.com...

So after fighting tooth and nail, it seems as if the DOJ will finally release the memos.

Why were they afraid to do so, and why is Nadler suggesting it could lead to rosenstein being placed in contempt and the investigation shut down.

Could it be that they both know the material in there is damning, and proves comey committed crimes or acted out of bias, and the entire impetus for the special counsel was a sham?

Hopefully we find out.

Between this and the story about rosenstein supposedly saying trump is not a target of mueller, www.abovetopsecret.com...

My predication is the new anti trump narrative will switch to the Mueller investigation isnt the real important thing,. it is the NY attorney who raided Trumps lawyer that is the real big deal.

It will be never ending; Trump colluded with russia, oh we cant prove that, well he obstructed justice! OH darn, well we will raid his lawyers office to say he violated campaign finances!

And on and on.

My guess would be that Trump issued a directive to hold onto them as long as possible for release as close as they can to midterm elections. If there is enough damming evidence in it, the investigations could be far reaching and squash any chance the Dems have for gaining power in the midterms unless they begin distancing themselves from certain folks now.

If I'm right, we will start to see them turn on eachother soon.

Best way to win is to get your opponent to implode and fight itself.

Are you advocating this as a good and Noble plan?

Not advocating anything...just stating an opinion based on how its played out so far.

But winning that way would be great in your opinion ?

Just trying to figure it out.

Winning what?

The mid terms. Keep up with your own dialogue man.

I don't recall saying they would win. If you go by my dialogue I can see how you'd read into it as such though.

I was trying to point out that it's a long play vs a short.....the Dems have simply been outwitted and divided while solidifying the GOP and actually losing voters.

It is a brilliant tactic and has worked well...it will continue to work for the foreseeable future....those that see it, understand it.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I am excited. I believe Trump will drag it all down. And good!

However he ain't imo (which is biased) on the up and up or he would be talking about ending or limiting fisa, about ending bulk data collection, back door open warrants, etc...

He probably is salivating he gets to use them next time.

It's the laws and lawmakers IMO. They continue the stream of injustice.

I've thought about that too and see it like this: The current depth and breadth of corruption has made it impervious up to now. It's about to get its first good shaking. If it collapses on itself as criminal orgs are eventually want to do then at least the monolith is pierced and then we can work on Trump on the technocratic tendencies of his own.

I think his ego is such that he does want to reverse some bad policy deals and focus on the economy. And I think he wants to be loved. Most of us can relate to that.

Psychologically, if we ALL were to get behind him on pulling back from foreign meddling and overhauling the privacy issues I believe he would die trying for that much love from both sides lol. I really believe that.

edit on 19-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well as a idealogical conservative the special elections don't give me hope you are correct. The hope is however democrats put up more centrists and the regressive left goes away.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

He may but he has to stop tweeting every time he is bothered. It's worse than my 15 year old.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

As many of us have suspected, the James Comey memos given to Congress are fabricated fakes.

Ref: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Democrats who warned that releasing these memos will kill the Mueller investigation will now suddenly go silent.
edit on 4/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

We should've took Ron Paul when we had the chance. That's my question to some on the left. Would you have preferred Ron Paul to Pres. Trump?

edit on 19-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It really pissed me off they just ignored him.

He was having crowds at universities. They abandoned all those voters.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join