It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump and the attorney-client privilege

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

i looked it up the investigation was started by ny ag but the interim ag himself geoffrey berman recused himself. according to wikipedia it is likely to have been initiated by his top aid, robert khuzami.

not much to go on there.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

It wasn't an AG. They are federal prosecutors appointed to the state. The raid was by the fbi.

DoJ and fbi. Both republican run. Both led by trump picks.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Shall we look at what was actually presented in court?

The court documents on Friday say that investigators have been focused on Cohen's "personal business dealings," not his work as an attorney on behalf of Trump. Only attorney-client materials are shielded by the privilege — and then there are exceptions involving crime or fraud — and prosecutors say they have not recovered any communications between Cohen and Trump.

"Although Cohen is an attorney, he also has several other business interests and sources of income," prosecutors wrote. "The searches are the result of a months-long investigation into Cohen and seek evidence of crimes, many of which have nothing to do with his work as an attorney, but rather relate to Cohen's own business dealings."

www.npr.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

This investigation is like the Affordable Care Act. Instead of "We have to pass the bill to know what's in it", we get "we have to investigate this person to tell you the crimes they've committed".

Py

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

... and staffed by partisan bureaucrats; with almost unlimited power and an agenda.

Py

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pyguy

we get "we have to investigate this person to tell you the crimes they've committed".

Sounds like bank fraud is high on the list. But it's pretty normal for investigators to not say much during an investigation. Don't want to let a suspect know what's going on, exactly.

edit on 4/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

What Good did that All do for them ? Mr. Trump Won the Election Anyway Because these Scumbags Cannot Control the Minds of the American Voters .Just Yet . Criminals All , the President should now use his Power of the Presidency and the LAW , to Put these Low Lives in Jail where they Belong ...Stay Tuned.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pyguy

... and staffed by partisan bureaucrats; with almost unlimited power and an agenda.

Py

A convientent excuse for you, it just happens to be false.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You know that the president is in the executive branch. Right?
He doesn't have the power to put anyone in jail or control the judiciary, much to his chagrin.

But he does have the power to take them out of jail. If it's a federal crime they are convicted of.
edit on 4/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. I was going to bring up Ken Starr. Went with the Capone thing instead.

Sadly, the whataboutism was covered by your butty.

Just remember, this is how things happen now, so when a nice honest democrat is elected, we shouldn't hear any whining or complaining when he/she is surveilled based on "criminal investigations" of others who may know them.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Just remember, this is how things happen now, so when a nice honest democrat is elected, we shouldn't hear any whining or complaining when he/she is surveilled based on "criminal investigations" of others who may know them.

Fun catch words but false usage.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ok. I'll remember.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

“I don’t know what Mueller was supposed to do other than what he did. When a prosecutor comes in contact with information or evidence of a crime, what are you supposed to do, other than refer to the appropriate jurisdiction?” Gowdy said on Fox News Sunday.

Gowdy characterized the approval process for the raid as arduous and fair, adding that it was ultimately given the green light by a “neutral” judge “who has nothing to do with politics.”

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I know, I laughed out loud when I typed "honest democrat".

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Gowdy is part of the Deep State.
Everybody knows that.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I know, I laughed out loud when I typed "honest democrat".

Honest politicians don't exist.

Pretty sure you can figure out I was laughing at the hypocrisy of both parties who switch being for or against bad procedures when convenient and that people are more concerned with the scumbags rights in DC than their own.

Like how nsa revelations were blip on the radar now we are suddenly surprised it could happen to the God's in Washington too.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A Directive to his Attorney General at the DOJ would be Sufficient in order for Indictments to be issued to Said Criminals .

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Funny he is a hero until he doesn't blindly defend his turf. Much like Napolitano.

Both of whom I value more than most for that very quality.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Gowdy is part of the Deep State.
Everybody knows that.

At Least we Agree on that Fact of Life . Gowdy is Dirty.....

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

A Directive to his Attorney General at the DOJ would be Sufficient in order for Indictments to be issued to Said Criminals .

Uh no it doesn't and shouldn't work that way. The DOJ should follow evidence.

One thing that libs, conservatives, and in dependants seem to all agree on however is Jeff Sessions sucks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join