It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ IG Sends McCabe Criminal Referral to US Attorney

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Excellent...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
How can this be?

I mean so many people on ats and elsewhere have been telling us for over a year how professional the fbi is, how there is no need to investigate them, and how questioning them hurts our country.

This must be fake news!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The IG has sent a criminal referral to for Andrew McCabe to the the US Attorney in Washington, D.C. Not much else on this yet.

Justice IG sends criminal referral of Andrew McCabe to US attorney

Washington (CNN)The Justice Department's inspector general has sent a criminal referral regarding former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to the US attorney's office in Washington, according to a source familiar with the matter.

ETA:

WaPo seems to have the most reporting on this. Apparently the referral was sent "some time ago":

Inspector general referred findings on McCabe to U.S. attorney for consideration of criminal charges

The Justice Department inspector general referred its finding that former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe repeatedly misled investigators who were examining a media disclosure to the top federal prosecutor in D.C. to determine whether McCabe should be charged with a crime, according to people familiar with the matter.

The referral to the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office occurred some time ago, after the inspector general concluded McCabe had lied to investigators or his own boss, then-FBI Director James B. Comey, on four occasions, three of them under oath.

It was not immediately clear how the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office responded to the referral, or whether prosecutors there are conducting their own investigation or believe criminal charges are appropriate. A referral to federal prosecutors does not necessarily mean McCabe will be charged with a crime.

It doesnt seem normal that the OIG would leave out any possible criminal action committed by McCabe from their report. Nor that they would keep the referral secret. What is going on here?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
How can this be?

I mean so many people on ats and elsewhere have been telling us for over a year how professional the fbi is, how there is no need to investigate them, and how questioning them hurts our country.

This must be fake news!!!

The referral is a "Professional" referral !!

😎

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im baffled at the balls he and his wife showed, making public and empassioned pleas about how rotten Trump was for firing him (when it wasn't Trump that did it), and how disgusting it was to steal his retirement from him in such a callous way.

It takes a special kind of person, like a sociopath, to pull that kind of nonsense.

Agreed. Especially since it did NOT take away his retirement.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the Russian media assault is already being geared up for our midterm elections. it will have you righties drooling, and high fiving, each other, and enough rage will build up, that by the time the election is over, you will want to hunt down every democrat, and any republican that doesn't sign an oath of loyalty to trump, and put them in camps......

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the Russian media assault is already being geared up for our midterm elections. it will have you righties drooling, and high fiving, each other, and enough rage will build up, that by the time the election is over, you will want to hunt down every democrat, and any republican that doesn't sign an oath of loyalty to trump, and put them in camps......

The Russians will be backing Democrat candidates nationwide.

"Feel'n Good Louis" 😀

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

What is going on here?

Don't worry, you'll find out...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

What is going on here?

Don't worry, you'll find out...

Thank you for not answering my question. Really helps me to continue to not understand these actions by the OIG.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

As result of the OIG report, McCabe was fired from the FBI.

The OIG has passed the case to the DOJ. We will now find out if "lack of candor", which is a firing offense, is also a crime.
edit on 4/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Or maybe there media will have us rioting in the street, screaming at the sky, and wearing hats designed to look like genitalia.

Oh wait, sorry that is the left wing US msm

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As result of the OIG report, McCabe was fired from the FBI.

The OIG has passed the case to the DOJ. We will now find out if "lack of candor", which is a firing offense, is also a crime.

It is a felony actually. He lied to the FBI and lied under oath.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It is a felony actually.

Thank you your honor.
I guess there was no need to refer it to the DOJ.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It is a felony actually.

Thank you your honor.
I guess there was no need to refer it to the DOJ.

You asked the question. I merely answered it.

Also it takes a judge or jury to find someone guilty (unless the suspect pleads guilty). So your snark would work better if you understood how our system works.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Also it takes a judge or jury to find someone guilty (unless the suspect pleads guilty).
I know. But since you have already passed judgement, both steps would seem to be unnecessary.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Also it takes a judge or jury to find someone guilty (unless the suspect pleads guilty).
I know. But since you have already passed judgement, both steps would seem to be unnecessary.

Where did I pass judgement?

You're the one who said

]We will now find out if "lack of candor", which is a firing offense, is also a crime.

Lack of candor, or lying, is a crime. It is a felony.

What part is confusing you?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Ok. If you say so. I'm not familiar with what the standards for "lack of candor" are. Are they different from falsification?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You mean like how Hannity was falsely accusing Mueller of falsely accusing four men in the Whitey Bulger case? Or maybe how Lewandowsky just falsely blamed Comey for the Boston Marathon bombing?

McCabe appears to have disclosed the existence of an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation to benefit his own image and then misled his boss at the time and justice department internal investigators, to cover his ass.

Yeah, that's not good and I'm sure you feel really bad for Hillary and Bill too.

But you know that it's not the evidence of corruption that we've been hearing about on ATS and elsewhere. It'd be like Trump lying to the FBI to cover up some other lie he told. It'd be bad but it would be the level of corruption imagined by people who think he colluded with the Russians either, would it?

I mean, it's not like he lied about outing a covert CIA agent to revenge her husband telling truth about the government lying to the American people about WMDs in Iraq.

Anyway, we'll see what happens here. I'm personally not losing any sleep if McCabe gets dinged for it beyond the hit he took pension wise. It might be difficult to prosecute. The disclosure isn't a crime and the eleven idiots in Congress who fired off their own PR stun are even more delusional than they appear if they think obstruction of justice is happening.

He may however find himself getting charged with perjury which carries a max sentence of five years. Moral of the story is don't lie under oath, even about things that aren't a crime — particularly when you're a high ranking FBI agent.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Ok. If you say so. I'm not familiar with what the standards for "lack of candor" are. Are they different from falsification?

From the referral from Congress (which overlaps with the OIG report) -

* - 18 USC 1001 - Statements or entries generally
* - 18 USC 1621 - Perjury generally
* - 18 USC 1505 - Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees
* - OIG Report on Andrew McCabe - ***PDF LINK***
edit on 19-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join