It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi U boat 3523 discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

Rumor has it this U boat was fleeing to South America when it was bombed by British off Denmark at the end of the war

The mystery, was it carrying Hitler, as the US secret service considered, looted gold, art, any number of Hitlers henchmen.
This was the most advanced of the Nazi u boats and had the longest range, it poses many possibilities

A few old wrecks have been recovered around that part of Denmark so I assume this will be, a possible treasure chest of history of the last days of the war

or it may have just been escaping to Norway according to some experts
edit on 19-4-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

the article suggests that "there is no indication the U-boat was carrying high-ranking Nazi officials or valuable loot" (how do they know that yet?)

The article doesn't mention excavation, depths it was found at, or what date it was discovered on. Hoping to get more details in weeks/months to come!

edit on 19-4-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I guess it might just be a wreck with nothing more to add to history, but it was sunk after the war
I think it's an interesting story with many possibilities, certainly some eye candy for my imagination

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

If they say that, they can find whatever is down there and burry it under the rug. If they come right out and say they don't know, there will be lots of inquiry.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Illegal to touch it without approval of the German government so it won't be recovered. Like all WW2 wrecks it is classed as a war grave. Anyone try to bring pieces up off it will hit a major sh# storm. It's like someone going into Arlington cemetery and start to dig up graves. A big no no.

top topics

join