It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we continue to suffer Original Sin, if Jesus redeemed us on the Cross?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

According to most Christians, Jesus is the door and only through him will your sin be forgiven.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
But...how one could explain that a child is born with inherited illness without ever having the chance to sin?

That is not an issue with original sin. Well.... It does. Indirectly.

But consider this. God did not create life exclusively human. He created life for animals as well as micro organism, such virus and bacteria. Some of this micro organism are beneficial to animals only and actually prequistive to life itself. Some are beneficial only to human. Because the nature has its own laws of survival, including virus and bacteria, it is important for human to educate themselves, that some micro organism can be and will be harmful to human. It's really has nothing to do with sin, when parents fail to ensure maximum health condition and environment to their babies.

But there are special cases where healty babies suddenly flop death without any known cause. This is what medical term as SIDs. In this case, we can only pray that god has better plan for them. It is a lesson that life is precious, so that we could reflect back our own relationship with God.

link   
Triple post. Sigh
edit on 19-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post.

edit on 19-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Disobedience is the original sin ... going against God.

Jesus sacrifice was that we might be redeemed from this and forgiven, but only if we acknowledge our nature - to turn away from God and go our own way - and seek to turn back to God in all we do seeking forgiveness for our sin. This is why it's essential to realize the enormity of what Jesus did on the cross in dying for us. Jesus never turned away from God, and he took all our sin upon himself.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
The question of the Suffering is one of the biggest unresolved questions in theology. No matter the Church, or even the Religion, it is not explained satisfactory why should we suffer almost all our lives, if we couldn't technically commit so many sins for so short lifespan. Let alone, we start suffering in childhood age when we are still inoocent.

The Judaeo-Christian explanation of the Original sin of Adam and Eve, that is translated down the generations, explains the cause to some degree. Yet, we were not told of what kind of fruit our great grand parents had eaten up, and why should that be transmitted to their children etc. After all, none of us has agreed consciously to eat from that fruit, and still we were born with the Original sin.

According to Judaeo- Christianity, the souls are not reborn, so they didn't sin in previous lives, as the Eastern religions claim.

Ancient Genetic manipulation that could have made the human body and mind (if not the soul) prone to sin and error, could be a better explanation.

Where is the role of Jesus Christ, when His precious death on the cross covered the original sin and redeemed us for eternal life? If so, why do we see continuation of the sinful nature of baptised persons, regardless of how often they practice the Christian rites? Yes there is ecclesiastical explanation(s) as good as the one with the apple, repeated over and over again thru centuries by the brightest minds of Christian thought.

I do not question the redemptive role of the Savior Jesus Christ. I question the scholarly explanations that, no matter what, leave us with the only option to bear one's cross until the death. What difference then with the pre-Christian world, when people suffered as well? May be not more, even less, if we don't count the absurd religious wars and hunt of witches that appeared after 4th century.

Perhaps the Churches owe us explanations that name the things better than they did in the past. Perhaps some secret knowledge from the dawn of humanity found in secret libraries will shed light..I'm sure the theologians have what to say Today, avoiding all their symbolic talk and pre-set agendas.

What is your view on all that?

God's a dick.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sin, in other words it is things done that go against law.

Like not bringing a video back to the store in time will incur a late fee.

So when Jesus took responsibility

there was a fine or late fee already there for all the sins.

No one paid the late fee after Jesus was judged.

Hence we still pay the penalty until the late fee is covered.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Well that's an easy answer!

We continue to suffer Original Sin so that the Church can continue its hold on the masses and indoctrinate them into theology.

It's all about control.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Suffering is a construct of the mind.

You chose it, it's not something automatic.

I live in New Jersey.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Not true. I was forced into suffering (physical and mental), with no choice from me. My mind was effectively raped from the inside out, and my body has simply worn out from the strain. I'm suffering physically right now, but only because I had to put a strain on myself this past weekend- we had a tornado, power went out, and we ended up scrambling to get food preserved, cooked, etc. My body is telling me exactly what to do with the horse I rode in on.

No matter how happy you may be, suffering can and will happen. Outlook helps, but only so much. If you were being fed into a woodchipper feet first slowly, and told to not suffer and just have happy thoughts, you'd rethink that whole construct of the mind thing. I've been there figuratively. There's simply no way.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

God's a dick.

AMEN, Brother! AMEN!!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Short answer: Because it's all a crock of # to support an agenda.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
But...how one could explain that a child is born with inherited illness without ever having the chance to sin?

This is due to 'TheQuorum™' (copiers of religious™ texts who 'translated' TheBible™ ) wanting "Full Control" which includes "Life" and "Death" but because TheBible™ You, YOU sentence YourSelf to more agony.. TheChurch™ needs bodies because bodies = $$$ WAKE UP!!!

Did You know that Adam had a wife before "Eve"? She wasn't 'subservient' to Adam and was EQUAL but TheQuorum™ and their little penises couldn't have EQUAL WOMEN. So they had "Eve" enter the picture and She had to have a bit of Adam to begin Life.
Noah = Gilgamesh

ANSWER: This child was an axe murderer in His last incarnation and is 'working off' non-positive energy...

Other interesting things:

St. Pete has retired to St. Pete and it will be You who will 'judge' You.

ALL the religions™ are "different" this makes them the "same" so remove what is the 'same' in ALL of them and TheTruth will be revealed...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
God has stated he shall offer them up to you for your Lust to be fulfilled. Read the old testament, silly.
But before he does... You must serve him. Well...

We are typing about 'the real one': King James Version II; 3rd re-write; 4th translation. How could any message be garbled?

The ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT relationship One can have is between 'Creator/Self' why would You NEED a "rule book"? Why would You want one? You NEED a pamphlet on how to Love?
Folks are skewing this relationship and they are "getting stuck"

As was noted: Folks looking outside of their own Self for "answers" the answers You seek are already INSIDE You.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day...

If my dad became a criminal and killed a bunch of people am I to be prosecuted and held accountable for him?

If my mother stole Millions in a scam and fled the country should I be left to refund the money to those whom she robbed?

Yet here I sit (According to Abrahamic religions ) being left holding the bag fully in sin and accountable in a "Fallen World" because of our progenitors Adam & Eve...

Not going to argue religion right or wrong or that is because of ______ dogma...

instead I want to ask anyone of their faith have you even considered this? It is ridiculous logic and if your answer is well we cannot know the mind of God yet are created in god's image seriously where does this even make sense? In our lives and laws we are not held responsible for someone else transgressions yet we are for original sin?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There isn't and never was. God has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion. The two are not even compatible. God does not care about any one religion, nor about sin and/or forgiveness. Gods got plenty on his universe sized plate to give a rats ass about whether Bob in Ohio is of the Baptist faith or Joey in Odessa is gay.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Keep reading Ezekial....he clearly says "the one that sins is responsible. the son is NOT responsible for for sins committed by the father." Original sin is made up by the Catholic church....pretty simple really if you just read the bible....

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You 'choose' to suffer?

Tell that to those born into warfare, abuse and poverty.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Who told you to live in Tornado Alley?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

You 'choose' to suffer?

Tell that to those born into warfare, abuse and poverty.

Warfare has been happening since the dawn of man. Do not be troubled that mankind has yet to figure out how to stop doing it.

Abuse - Again, a choice to let happen

Poverty - A choice

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join