It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How safe are Iphones and what was the truth at San Bernadino?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Used to be, when someone from work called, i'd have to excuse myself from my family to go open up a laptop, login to some tool, and make a quick adjustment or repair (or email something out).

I don't use IPhone, i use Android. But with my android I can now pull out my phone and access 99% of my job tools from the comfort of my recliner, or while out and about.

To me, that makes it worth about 5 figures a year in true value.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: rickymouse

Used to be, when someone from work called, i'd have to excuse myself from my family to go open up a laptop, login to some tool, and make a quick adjustment or repair (or email something out).

I don't use IPhone, i use Android. But with my android I can now pull out my phone and access 99% of my job tools from the comfort of my recliner, or while out and about.

To me, that makes it worth about 5 figures a year in true value.

I used to work about twelve to sixteen hours a day in my business. When I got disabled, and after finding that the meds I was taking were poisoning me, I discovered a whole new world existed. My family. Trouble is that all the things I had learned in my life seemed to be not relevant to the kids in their minds, my wife said to let them make their own mistakes. I tried to warn them but they did not listen. Now they are listening once I proved to them from repeated warnings that I was correct. I hate when the kids have to learn the hard way, the way I had to learn when I did not pay attention to what people were trying to hint to me.

Maybe if we were to spend more time with our families then the kids would actually see what we have seen and experienced and learn from it. I was more interested in keeping my workers working and customers on schedule than teaching the kids. I would take them out to do fun things but neglected to teach them about what I had learned about reality.

Just in case you forgot this as I did I had to mention it.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't own an I-phone. My wife has one and she only has it for the camera and a phone. We are old enough to know how to find our way around the city and how to ask instructions and use a map. We know where the streets are in our local towns, we do not need an app to guide us. We can write a grocery list on a paper and pay for groceries with cash. We don't even want phones on when we are driving and we do not want a smart car either. People cannot think properly anymore, they are hooked on computer apps, the apps are steering their lives. What happened to us steering our own way through our lives?

The world advanced.. That's what happened. I got stuff... Not the latest... But I've moved with tech. Small singular example?

While you look for and then at a paper map.. I speak out loud while not stopping my driving.. And ask.. It answers and tell me. Not advanced, but simple, fast, hands free.

I have a smartphone, but not an IPhone. $70 bucks, no contract, internet, and tv, news, discussions and zillions of other features. It's just for convenience.

To each his own. Tv commercial now of late shows a guy with his old flip phone.. and asks all his friends "it's not broken! Why should I get a new one?"

Phones, computers, media players, watches... Whatever. Tech changes every few years. Otherwise... We'd still be using typewriters, rotary phones, black an white tv, 8 tracks, no microwaves etc.

You should get a cheap one and see. You say you know the streets? THATS funny. Im in an ambulance all day... I know all my streets and alleys... But in a heartbeat I can get a jam, accident or road situation told to me while you pull right into the jam and ask your wife "Wow! What's going on up there? "

I'll be in an alley, side or secondary street... While youre sitting still in traffic. It's just an example... Even so you could be watching video, tv, news or be on ATS here while stopped!

Still.. It's cool. To each his own. Freedom of choice.

Best to you R. M.!
edit on 19-4-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't own an I-phone. My wife has one and she only has it for the camera and a phone. We are old enough to know how to find our way around the city and how to ask instructions and use a map. We know where the streets are in our local towns, we do not need an app to guide us. We can write a grocery list on a paper and pay for groceries with cash. We don't even want phones on when we are driving and we do not want a smart car either. People cannot think properly anymore, they are hooked on computer apps, the apps are steering their lives. What happened to us steering our own way through our lives?

The world advanced.. That's what happened. I got stuff... Not the latest... But I've moved with tech. Small singular example?

While you look for and then at a paper map.. I speak out loud while not stopping my driving.. And ask.. It answers and tell me. Not advanced, but simple, fast, hands free.

I have a smartphone, but not an IPhone. $70 bucks, no contract, internet, and tv, news, discussions and zillions of other features. It's just for convenience.

To each his own. Tv commercial now of late shows a guy with his old flip phone.. and asks all his friends "it's not broken! Why should I get a new one?"

Phones, computers, media players, watches... Whatever. Tech changes every few years. Otherwise... We'd still be using typewriters, rotary phones, black an white tv, 8 tracks, no microwaves etc.

You should get a cheap one and see. You say you know the streets? THATS funny. Im in an ambulance all day... I know all my streets and alleys... But in a heartbeat I can get a jam, accident or road situation told to me while you pull right into the jam and ask your wife "Wow! What's going on up there? "

I'll be in an alley, side or secondary street... While youre sitting still in traffic. It's just an example... Even so you could be watching video, tv, news or be on ATS here while stopped!

Still.. It's cool. To each his own. Freedom of choice.

Best to you R. M.!

I live in Negaunee, traffic jams are from a wild turkey or deer sitting in the street. People do use their I-phones to take pictures of the turkeys, which makes the traffic jam last longer while they take the video.

The wife just got an Samsung 8 something from Shopko, sixty bucks for the phone and we use our old phone contract which is ten bucks a month. She has it so it can hook up to our internet to send pictures here and get messages. When we switched over, they gave us three thousand texts and three gigs of data from our last plan, it was ten bucks a month too. We will never probably use all that up using it as a phone. We don't even get texts, she does get facebook text alerts though. I would rather use the computer, we have had a computer in the house since nineteen eighty six. I have had a cell phone since 88, I got rid of mine about ten years ago or so, I do take her phone with me if I go somewhere sometimes but have no interest in all at using the functions. Maybe when I get alzheimer disease I might need to use Hey Google or Alexia to access information, now I just memorize concepts, principles, and many medical and scientific names. I am only sixty two, I can learn better now than when I was eighteen. Although my thinking has slowed since I have so much experience and knowledge to sort through to identify if what I am reading or hearing is real. I suppose I could just make rash judgements or parrot things like ninety five percent of Americans so I do not have to think about it, that seems socially acceptable nowadays.

I'd personally rather challenge my mind and perception than trust in what the programmer of the technology thinks is relevant. My brother used to trust in the directions the GPS and app gave him, but we went to pick up my half cow one day and his phone took us west instead of east on a road, it told us to turn the wrong way then changed it's mind as we were discussing the sun being wrong and the compass on the truck saying we were going the wrong way. Twenty miles and twenty minutes later we were back at the intersection. I do not trust the GPS, our address keeps showing up ten miles from here when you punch it in, in the middle of a lake.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Meh.

Im 45 and dont like people.

I cant use gps in my phone. Too many places i go wont get a signal. I use garmin.

Dude I still print a map or buy one most the time to throw in my go bag. I know how to use my gps mapping but it is very complicated and always redirects me after it said to make a turn. It really “grinds my gears”. I envy you for having the ability to use yours. I will say that my old blackberry gps map was super easy and never screwed me over but that was long ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Ive accepted a few wrong turns as an acceptable risk of navigation. Itll always get me back on track.

I have maps. I just don't use them. My wife would be the navigator, and she gets mad at me when i make her do her job badly by taking a wrong turn. So she was fired from that position and replaced by a robot navigator. Garmin even speaks politely in a female voice. Never any frustration or judgement....just updated directions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join