It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California has eight of 10 most polluted U.S. cities

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Having said that, it wouldn't take a genius to work out why it has the highest amount of pollution!

Yet, here we are..some are bewildered and puzzled
..scary thought..the lack of thought.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

An ICE stands for.........wait for it...... INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE.

It also stands for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

If you're going to use acronyms, perhaps you should take the time to let other know what they stand for, especially if you're going to use one that is already in use for something else.

And good luck getting that fog-impregnated, COPD-inducing lettuce out of California without a truck.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

An ICE stands for.........wait for it...... INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE.

It also stands for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

If you're going to use acronyms, perhaps you should take the time to let other know what they stand for, especially if you're going to use one that is already in use for something else.

And good luck getting that fog-impregnated, COPD-inducing lettuce out of California without a truck.

TheRedneck

Well since the topic of the day is smog created by internal combustion engines I shouldn’t have to explain.

But go ahead get in a bunch over your own mistake. Not my problem.

Great thing that California has one of the lowest rates of COPD in the country. You have three times the likelihood to get it in Alabama and the highest in Kentucky. But I bet you didn’t know that did you?

Been living in California for 30 years, not a single health problem. Ever. I haven’t been sick in a decade with any form of bacterial/fungal/viral pathogen.

My lungs operate at twice the capacity of the average American even with me smoking for a 15 years.

We don’t even eat lettuce here. There’s little to no nutrients, but I bet you do.

Now you were saying?
edit on 19-4-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: xuenchen

California has some very large populated areas. It would seem obvious that this would be the case.

Not sure what your point is.

Point is Cali sucks and should be the shinning example of how the world should work.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You are a chicken leg mushroom.

You have no lungs and eat poop.

N/A

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

MY mistake? You change a common abbreviation's meaning and expect me to understand you?

Only in California...

Great thing that California has one of the lowest rates of COPD in the country. You have three times the likelihood to get it in Alabama and the highest in Kentucky. But I bet you didn’t know that did you?

No COPD here, and I've smoked for almost 50 years. A good part of that was cigars... and I inhaled the buggers fully. Lung capacity is just fine, heart just won't stay stopped (even after three heart attacks) and has surprised even the doctors. Don't worry your poor little head over this redneck.

We don’t even eat lettuce here. There’s little to no nutrients, but I bet you do.

It's good on hamburgers. There's this thing called "fiber"... maybe you've heard of it?

So, since you are some sort of Californian poster child for health, why are we hearing there is so much air pollution in California? Fake news?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Maybe there’s more pollution because we have 13% of the United States population bunched together in relatively small areas. Los Angeles and the Bay Area. Not exactly a shocker.

I’d love to see statistics of say 95% of the rest of California where it’s just trees and grass.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

we would all much rather live in republican havens like west virginia or kentucky with billy bob and jethro and the rest of the meth addicted, confederate flag waving, gun toting, toothless hillbilly, red blooded, gas guzzlin, patriotic americans!!!!!! yee haw #mericuh! how do you like it when red states are stereotyped?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

If you have smoked 15 years your lungs do not exceed anyones capacity except someone who smoked 16 years.

Its a common lie smokers tell themselves. But it isnt true.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

MY mistake? You change a common abbreviation's meaning and expect me to understand you?

Only in California...

No COPD here, and I've smoked for almost 50 years. A good part of that was cigars... and I inhaled the buggers fully. Lung capacity is just fine, heart just won't stay stopped (even after three heart attacks) and has surprised even the doctors. Don't worry your poor little head over this redneck.

It's good on hamburgers. There's this thing called "fiber"... maybe you've heard of it?

So, since you are some sort of Californian poster child for health, why are we hearing there is so much air pollution in California? Fake news?

TheRedneck

Genetics play a big part in this equation, not many people can smoke for 50 years and live to tell the tale.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think medical history does as well.

Fungal and viral infections generally drive cancer.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely, there are so many variables it's difficult to pin point the cause.
edit on 19-4-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Well, don't go telling me I'm gonna die if I don't quit. I've already outlived every doctor who ever told me that.

I attribute it to my lifestyle. I live in the backwoods, away from this pestilence called "society," and take care of my own business. Incidentally, I have already lived longer than my Dad did and have no serious issues (other than a heart attack once a decade). I am in better shape than anyone I went to high school with.

But, according to Lot Lizard, I'm doing it all wrong.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I not a doctor

Funny thing is if you did all of a sudden quit chances are it would lead to unwanted results.

I remember an interview with a lady that was like 108 or something like that, and when asked what her secret was she answered, "I never ate vegetables, I drank a glass of wine and smoked a cigarette everyday "

Thete is much we do not fully understand about our health.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Fungi and virii don't want anything to do with me. I love onions, hot peppers, and garlic... all contribute to immunity. I also avoid medication at all costs.

My cure for the occasional flu is to simply grab an onion and eat it like an apple. Then I wrap up nice and warm and go to sleep. When I wake up, usually drenched in sweat, it's gone along with any fever. Most people run to a drugstore and spend $$$ for some concoction that keeps their immunity from developing, then spend days trying to recover.

Medical science underestimates the use of natural products and emphasizes the use of man-made medications. Less health, more poison. Yeah, that makes sense. Medication is only there for the few times when the body is completely overwhelmed.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I mentioned the three heart attacks: the first two were stress induced. Only the last one was congestive. Both times I had the heart attack in a moment of high stress, when I ran out of cigarettes. I have never had a stress-induced cardiac arrest when I had nicotine available.

Cigarettes keep me calm, and they work great at managing a digestive birth defect I live with. Are my lungs as good as if I had never smoked? Probably not. But they still have plenty of capacity. My trainer from my trucking days taught me a breathing exercise he used... I was up to the maximum after maybe 5 attempts.

I just ain't no good at dying, I guess.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Second.

ETA: didn't quote
edit on 1920180420181 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Oops.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Crap. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

From my own observations, doing what makes you happy is a good way to be, stress is a major disruptor of the way our bodies function , no doubt stress is a killer.

Maybe you're good at living..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join