It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California has eight of 10 most polluted U.S. cities

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yeah. Damned snowbirds.

That's true of the northwest too. It's almost an annual commute back and forth. When the humpbacks and kolea show up, so do the snowbirds.
edit on 4/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Ix-nay on the isitor-vays, laine-blay.

Dont' worry, the only ones who stay belong here.

ETA: Otherwise we can just shoot them and feed them to the bears.
edit on 4/18/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My posts clearly continue to go over your head.

Lemme clear it up for you, I am not advocating we get rid of vehicles.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No it's not.

Well, I suppose if Californians were to starve because they can't get to work without transportation, it would go back to your original proposal. So I can see your point.

And why are you getting angry with me? I'm just asking about how you would fix the problem you identified.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, same here. Damned tourists show up and trash the place, take the fish and leave. We need a wall around Alaska now!!!

Well, we have totally messed up this thread. I'm off to have some dinner.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What about that last post implied I was talking about that?

I gave you a realistic solution. The big tech firms are the future. Why do they demand their employees commute in to the office? They could set up a telecommute environment just as easily. Would that or would that not solve some of the problem?

Whose post went where this time?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Tourists are ok for the most part. They don't really trash things and don't catch many fish. I wasn't talking about them.

It's the snowbirds. The ones that pay stupid prices for already stupidly expensive houses and act like they're "local" because they own a house here.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
But... Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS, responsible for the crappy solder in electronics these days) was supposed to make everything better.

Even the "this item contains substances known to the state of California to cause cancer," didn't clean things up?? Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero
The pollution control measures certainly seem to have had an effect.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Yes how dare those home owners buy a house near your lair. The inflated prices that they pay probably doesn't contribute to your economy at all, either...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That's not just Alaska. Those type are all over. We even get a few in Alabama... we call 'em "damn Yankees."

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

The inflated prices that they pay probably doesn't contribute to your economy at all
Actually, it doesn't much. But it does help drive up property taxes (along with prices). Makes it tough for those who live here to buy, or even rent. That's one factor in the homeless situation.

Many also rent their houses as illegal vacation rentals when they're back on the mainland. They collect absurd rents and the money doesn't stay here.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Not surprising at all really, California is neoliberal hell along with "Green-Capitalism" and "moral saviours"

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow... another bash California tread? I guess people fail to realize that a lot of that “smog” is actually just fog from the ocean.

People also like to forget that we make a ton of your food. All that “smog” is going to affect you too.

But hey you’ll bash California but you’ll eat our food and drink our milk.

Another great thing is California is going to phase out ICEs soon.
edit on 18-4-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

a lot of that “smog” is actually just fog from the ocean.

Fog causes COPD?

People also like to forget that we make a ton of your food. All that “smog” is going to affect you too.

There is COPD-causing fog in your lettuce?

Really?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
California uses a lot of pesticides too. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Supposedly the most of any state.

Now, they do have regulations there on what their own population consumes, which means what they ship out to other states is very high in pesticide residue. I have known this for a while now, that is why I do not buy commercially grown veggies from California very often. I assumed that because of their regulations on their own population that all produce and fruit from there was better, boy was I mistaken.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No kidding.
What a disgrace.

S&F

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: lostbook

It's big government failure 😎

More like a big sellout. La used to have trolleys like San Francisco but the politicians of the time sold out to the auto industry.

The trolleys were ripped up and replaced with freeways and cars....lots of cars.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes and we pay out the you know what in taxes,regulations,air is much cleaner then it was,I lived here 65 years,I smoke and no problems with my lungs,we have a large population,that's what happens,some city blocks have more people in it then some southern county's,but I do love the weather and in Calif more things are done outdoors,no need for bad weather gear unless you want to be fashionable,or go skiing in the mountains for the day,anything in the world grows here hard to beat in my book

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TheLotLizard

a lot of that “smog” is actually just fog from the ocean.

Fog causes COPD?

There is COPD-causing fog in your lettuce?

Really?

TheRedneck

What the heck does this have to do with immigration?

An ICE stands for.........wait for it...... INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join