It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California has eight of 10 most polluted U.S. cities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What kind of industries are up there pumping god knows what into the atmosphere?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

make cleaner vehicles which means more gov't regulations to impose car manufacturers to produce cleaner vehicles. And of course, we cannot forget about the oil companies. More regulations for them as well.

California already has the strictest environmental regulations in the country (possibly the world). How much cleaner can you get?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I don't know.

I don't go where the huskies go.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I Agree , and I Think Agenda 21 is a Perfect Solution for California Right Now . Save the Environment by Reducing the Numbers of Useless Eaters and their Parasitic Nature to Destroy the Earth . Go Green !
edit on 18-4-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Thank Swills. It was his idea.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Oh.

It seems that it isn't industry that's the problem in Fairbanks. Nor is it Californians.

Analysis shows that local emissions from wood stoves, burning distillate oil, industrial sources, and mobile emissions contribute to particulate pollution. For planning purposes, PM2.5 is primarily a concern during the winter months (October through March) when extremely strong temperature inversions are frequent and human-caused air pollution impacts increase. Summertime wildland fire smoke is also a health concern, but is considered natural and uncontrollable.

dec.alaska.gov...

edit on 4/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm talking about a federal level, not a state level.

Given the chance, without federal regs, will car manufacturers produce cleaner vehicles on their own? Maybe, but as we all know if they can build it for cheaper to increase profits, even if its a polluting machine, they would.

The reality is, we live in complicated times. We all want our vehicles and even the hybrids and Tesla's out there produce pollution, eg battery waste, needing to charge via a dedicated power supply from the grid, etc. In time, perhaps we will harness cleaner power supplies, eg solar, but for now we have to make do with what we have and no matter what it is it's gonna make waste so the only thing we should do is try to minimize the waste as much as possible because there are a lot of people on this planet, country, states, and counties.

The good news is, human populations are declining compared to past decades. More single people today with no children then before. Maybe that's a good thing, for now.
edit on 18-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

The only man caused particulates are from not freezing in the winter. Much of that is from the glaciers and spring thaw. I'd like to give the glaciers and the ice a piece of my mind though. We should outlaw them and vote in a nice semi-tropical environment.

link   
And so what they have a huge population those two will go hand in hand. There biggest problem isn't polution it's the homeless they are expanding at an alarming rate. So bad local governments have given them entire streets to live on with tent cities popping up wverywhere.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

So being cold is the problem?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Freezing isn't a problem in Anchorage?

link   
Deport all of the illegals and the pollution problem can be reduced by 2/3's.

link   

It is for me.
I avoid places where you can die just because you go outside.

link   

Or the grizzlies and Big Foot.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Homeless thrive in warm climates.

I wonder how many neighboring states shipped their homeless off to Cali? That's a thing, right?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I'm talking about a federal level, not a state level.

I thought the problem was in California? There are no Californians here.

The good news is, human populations are declining compared to past decades. More single people today with no children then before. Maybe that's a good thing, for now.

That's your plan to reduce Californians? Seems inefficient, but that's just my view.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blaine91555

Fairbanks doesn't look so good. Doesn't it have a lot fewer people than Anchorage?
Fairbanks

Seems there's more to it than population. Does the population of Fairbanks consist of Californians?

Wood burning stoves combined with people having to run diesel engines all night during the dead of winter combined with a topography that lends itself to thermal inversion bubbles trapping all of it right over the city. You can't eliminate the wood burning because for a lot of folks that's how they heat their homes and the diesels are a simple fact of life for an inland city which has no port and sits in the middle of ass-all nowhere.

link   

To reduce the Californian population? Nah, that was yours. You've been tip toeing around it this entire thread.

link   

Hawaii has the highest per capita homeless population. Imagine that.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah. I guess you can't eliminate wood stoves. Any chance there are ways to reduce their particulate emissions?

Might be a good thing to try to do, since it is apparently dangerous to breath the air there.

edit on 4/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join