It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California has eight of 10 most polluted U.S. cities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes, population is a huge factor in this and Cali's population only grows, nearly 40 million people. That's why the state is the 6th largest economy in the world, the world.

Resident population in California from 1960 to 2017 (in millions)

Ever been to Cali? The traffic there is ridiculous! So many vehicles on the road! I haven't been since 04 and I drove cross country there with friends, when we finally made it to Cali I was immediately filled with road rage and I wasn't even driving! Six lanes of bumper to bumper traffic with no reason in sight! No accidents, no construction, no nothing. Just miles upon miles of traffic.

So combine all the vehicles, the many industries, and of course their hot/dry weather and you get a daily dose of smog!

More people live on Long Island than in your state. Alabama Population 2018, 4,888,949.

edit on 18-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Swills

Ah, so California's problem is pollution is because they have too many Californians?

No Californians in Alabama, so I guess we don't need those regulations.

TheRedneck

Don't say that too loudly. Those cockroaches moved into Oregon, ruined it... Washington, ruined it... Colorado, ruined it... New Mexico, ruined it... Nevada, ruined it... they're working on Arizona, Idaho, and even now Alaska. They are a plague, a scourge on the nation which is spreading northward and eastward on the North American continent in the same manner any other vermin or disease migrates outward from their home base once they have successfully terraformed it into a space no longer recognizable as good or wholesome. Eventually the Californiacators will arrive in Alabama, believe it.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah. Stupid regulations. Don't work.

source
edit on 4/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Haus, I drove a truck OTR for 8 years. Yes, I've been all over California; I saw the Hollywood sign from the cab of a 18-wheeler (which is just plain wrong on so many levels). And I agree, they have far, far too many Californians.

How do you propose we get rid of the Californians?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Eventually the Californiacators will arrive in Alabama, believe it.

Nah, we have exterminators in Alabama. We've about finished off the fire ant issue... you know how hard it is to exterminate fire ants?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

So you want some kind of population control? Sounds like some kind of Globalist scheme to me!

link   

How do you propose we get rid of the Californians?

Enforcing border security and mass deportation of illegals would be a start.

link   

Send them to Montana for a Reality Check ......

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Eventually the Californiacators will arrive in Alabama, believe it.

Nah, we have exterminators in Alabama. We've about finished off the fire ant issue... you know how hard it is to exterminate fire ants?

You have to take out the queen... cockroaches have no queen.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yeah. Stupid regulations. Don't work.

Wow, those must be some good regulations! There's been a lot less days in California since they started regulations against days.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

They have no loyalties...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Gotta play the Long Game.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Sorry. I figured someone who was interested in facts would have gone to the link.
Which part was I wrong about?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's not smog. It's smug!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So you want some kind of population control? Sounds like some kind of Globalist scheme to me!

You were the one who pointed out the problem with pollution in California was too many Californians. I just wanted to know your proposal to fix the problem.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There is nothing surprising in this. It's the price you pay for living in area's so over populated.

I would imagine regulation at some point will make it so expensive to own or drive a vehicle, people in California will have to go to public transportation. Again, part of the cost.

It's good to see we tied for #1 cleanest in Anchorage. The only problems here come from mother nature, the glacial dust at spring thaw, volcanoe's and the like.

The problem with the giant sardine cans is they share their poison. We've even had pollution from China here bad enough to make the sky brown. California's dirty air also ends up in other peoples lungs in area's that produce no pollution to speak of themselves. Kind of them to share and not share in the costs.

Should be warning labels.

Living in any large city is becoming the equivalent of smoking.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Who said you were wrong?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Californians have no queen? What about Pelosi?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Fairbanks doesn't look so good. Doesn't it have a lot fewer people than Anchorage?
Fairbanks

Seems there's more to it than population. Does the population of Fairbanks consist of Californians?

edit on 4/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I was just making a joke about a conspiracy on a conspiracy site.

I would say the problem stems from mostly vehicles, you know the kind you drove for 8 years for a living. So, make cleaner vehicles which means more gov't regulations to impose car manufacturers to produce cleaner vehicles. And of course, we cannot forget about the oil companies. More regulations for them as well.

In short, the answer is gov't regulations to lower pollution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join