It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: Attorney for @CNN and @NYTIMES convinced judge to publicly name Sean Hannity

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hot off the Twitchy wires a story of intrigue and courtroom slapstick about how they got that judge to force Hannity's name out into the open during the Cohen hearing the other day.

Seems some clever lawyers from some of Hannity's "enemies" may have swayed the opinion !!

Dastardly smearing and jealous revenge always takes precedent !!

🤣🧐

REPORT: Attorney for @CNN and @NYTIMES convinced judge to publicly name Sean Hannity

Here’s a little tidbit from yesterday’s Michael Cohen hearing that’s pretty interesting…

According to reports from inside the courtroom, Judge Kimba Wood was ready to allow Michael Cohen to submit the name of his 3rd client — who we now know is Sean Hannity — under seal, but an attorney for CNN and the New York Times convinced her otherwise

dirty little secrets
Flashback: Clinton Lawyer Represented Tons Of Journalists

The media is up in arms this week over Fox News host Sean Hannity’s relationship with Trump lawyer Michael Cohen.

Journalists have decided it was improper for Hannity not to disclose his relationship with Cohen while defending him on air, but many have had their own connections to a famed political lawyer.

(( 🤣 ))

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hope I never have need for the services of an attorney. I would be afraid to speak to him. Attorney, client privilege obviously means nothing, and the 5th is a past day dream. The liberals have destroyed our civil rights and conservatives don't have the balls to even attempt to stop them.
Next month it will be a movement to water board the President.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

To be accurate, it was Twitchy "reporting" on a tweet from The Atlantic's Natasha Bertrand. So the scandal is that the media outlets' lawyers argued that it was in the public interest for him to reveal it in open court? Happens frequently in high profile cases.

You seem to be implying that they knew who the mystery third client was?

dirty little secrets Flashback: Clinton Lawyer Represented Tons Of Journalists

Also a Bush lawyer and an Obama lawyer and he's represented the following from Fox:

Steve Doocy, Brit Hume, Neil Cavuto, Dana Perino, Jesse Watters, and Juan Williams.

What you seem to be missing isn't that Trump and Hannity shared a lawyer bag man — I wouldn't be surprised if they shared other lawyers. What he's being criticized (rightly) for is "reporting" about his own lawyer without revealing the relationship. (which might contribute to why he didn't want his name revealed)

Did any of the people in the list do the same thing?

Not that it matters, Hannity isn't a journalist and Fox News has finally given up any pretense of being more than Trump News. Or wait, that's not fair. That would imply that they simply repeat news about Trump or maybe Trump's opinions and that really doesn't do justice to the circular nature of their relationship as Fox personalities aren't just "reporting" on Trump or advocating his "policies" (as much as he has them), they're also advising him. Sometimes it's directly and other times, he just watches Fox and then jumps on Twitter to issue declarations as POTUS based on what he saw.

"And I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling lawyers!"

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Yawn. Attorney-client privilege is far from dead. In case you missed it, lawyers run the world. The crime-fraud exemption goes back at least to the 30's (See Clark v United States, 1933).

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
People who didn't know much about Sean Hannity are now tuning into his show. Thanks CNN!

(You idiots didn't learn from your publicity helping candidate Trump get elected? CNN's CEO says he regrets that to this day.)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Judge Kimba Wood disclosed Hannity’s relationship with Cohen

I doubt it took much convincing...

While in London, Kimba Wood trained as a Playboy Bunny

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

5 days. When she was in college. Fifty years ago.

Which, of course, negates 30 years on the federal bench. Got anything more recent or relevant?

edit on 4/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

She probably quit after the 30th married member of the "family values" right-wing tried to sleep with her.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Infoshill

5 days. When she was in college. Fifty years ago.

Which, of course, negates 30 years on the federal bench. Got anything more recent or relevant?

Clinton was considering her for AG.

The judge presiding over the Michael Cohen case was once in the running to be Bill Clinton's attorney general, trained to be a Playboy bunny, and officiated George Soros' wedding

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yes, he wanted to appoint a woman. But he backed out.

There was no evidence that Judge Wood, who sits on the Federal District Court in New York, did anything illegal, but White House officials said they told her to withdraw because they feared the kind of public outcry that struck down the Administration's first choice for Attorney General, Zoe Baird, who had employed two illegal aliens for household work.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Balin is the attorney who is representing the interests of five news organizations (including the AP and New York Times as well as, yes, CNN). This is not "hot", it was in the first articles about what happened in court on Monday.

Robert Balin, an attorney representing the press’ interests in the case, argued that there is “intense public interest” in the identities of Cohen’s clients, according to Bloomberg.
thehill.com...

"I understand he doesn't want his name out there, but that's not enough under the law," she said, after hearing legal arguments from Robert Balin, a lawyer for five news organizations including The Associated Press.
abcnews.go.com...

Robert D. Balin, a lawyer for various media outlets, including The New York Times, CNN and others, interrupted the hearing to argue that embarrassment was not a sufficient cause to withhold a client’s name, and Judge Wood agreed.

www.nytimes.com...

All from 2 days ago. Please try to keep up.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I wonder why they had to release the names of his other clients? Politics. That's why.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Cohen's defense team claimed that he had so many clients that it would be highly problematic to determine what, of the collected material, would be considered privileged. So the judge said, "Prove it. Give me a list of his clients."

There were three. We already knew two of the names.

There was no legal reason for the third name to be withheld.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Cohen's defense team claimed that he had so many clients that it would be highly problematic to determine what, of the collected material, would be considered privileged. So the judge said, "Prove it. Give me a list of his clients."

That's how I understand it. This entire issue arose from Cohen's lawyers trying to buffalo the judge and their bluff was called.
edit on 18-4-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

So the Judge leaked the names?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am thinking this is rather reckless of the left and perhaps bait planted by the right. Now any congressional swamp members lawyers office can be raided at will.

Whats good for the gander is good for the goose.

And the fundamental right of anonymity. One crooked lawyer in DC could hold the goods on a lot of swamp members.
edit on 18-4-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

So the Judge leaked the names?
No.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Now any congressional swamp members lawyers office can be raided at will.

Not without some strong evidence that there is reason to do so. There is nothing new here. While not terribly common, the procedures followed are well established. It's not the first time a search warrant has been executed on an attorney.

The only (only) thing that has made people take notice is that it was the president's attorney who was the subject of the warrant.

cyb3rcrim3.blogspot.com...
chicagounbound.uchicago.edu...

join