It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 70th Birthday, Israel!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
burdman30ott6

Well, you've got thick skin, I'll give you that. It's good to have at least some redeeming qualities.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
burdman30ott6

Human garbage is what we're calling people who view history realistically and rationally rather than playing the idiotic game of "let's judge history through a modern lens?" OK, I admit... I'm not just amused, I'm also a bit incredulous at how anyone could be that idealistic in a world of reality.

I just believe in understanding the horrors of history and striving to not repeat them.

I don't know why anyone would want to live in a world that even halfheartedly mimics the savagery of our shared histories.

We should be constantly making progress to eradicate war and strife not going out of our way to perpetuate it based solely on some misguided notions of "survival of the fittest".

But that's just my opinion.

You probably consider yourself an "alpha male" huh?

Furthermore, how do you rationalize terror attacks like 9/11, The Pulse Shooting or, indeed, the Vegas shooting?

Did those people deserve what they got because they couldn't defend themselves? Does Israel deserve to have its cafés and pizzerias bombed because they can't defend them adequately?
edit on Cpm3Monday1120185230Mon, 23 Apr 2018 15:11:52 -05002018 by CagliostroTheGreat because: The Alien Agenda

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
burdman30ott6

Human garbage is what we're calling people who view history realistically and rationally rather than playing the idiotic game of "let's judge history through a modern lens?" OK, I admit... I'm not just amused, I'm also a bit incredulous at how anyone could be that idealistic in a world of reality.

I just believe in understanding the horrors of history and striving to not repeat them.

In most cases, they're only 'horrors' thanks to the relative peace our modern lenses afford us when we use them to look back into history. The world isn't a nice place, never has been.

You probably consider yourself an "alpha male" huh?

Actually I find the concept to be total frat boy BS. Every human being has a breaking threshold. Some have very little threshold before they're ready to fight while some seem to have infinite patience and seem more willing to suffer than fight back. I'm not an alpha male, I just have a short fuse, no patience, and would much rather die on my feet than live on my knees...

I also recognize that all of those horrors of history you're complaining about built the world we live in. Those actions of the past gave us a world where a late frost isn't a death sentence to the average family because they lost all the crops they were depending on to feed their family through the next winter. It provided us a world where a man can use his brain to provide for his family instead of having to break his back because, smart or not, his family line is a line of laborers. The actions of the past gave my country the ability to break free of England, of paying taxes to the crown, it was strength and drive that won that war... savagery, you called it. Mankind's entire history has been one of wars and conquering... what makes you think it should change now and why do you believe we'd fare any better than we already have if it did change?

ETA: "Deserve?" I'd not chose that word. The things you listed weren't deserved, but they were predictable. We dropped the ball and opened the door for 911 and other terror attacks by lifting our boot off of throats too soon and then not defending against the highly predictable attempts at retaliation.
edit on 23-4-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There's something about certain groups of people, certain discriminating groups of people, if you will, that make it utterly impossible for them to shut their mouths when the opportunity to spout bull# and sow their seeds of hatred rises its head. It's like they suffer from a unique type of autism that makes it physically painful for them to not say what's on their mind. Sitting there in front of their keyboards, blood dripping from their hands while their fingernails gouge into the flesh, desperately trying to keep from posting at the target of their hatred. But it's not possible. They all eventually succumb to it and reach out to *pluck* the lowest apple off the tree and *poof* they're exposed for the world to see.

Sounds like an apt description of the Likud party to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Fermy
what's your cultural/racial/religious ethnicity?

I could say Palestinian Muslim for all the bearing that question has on the thread's topic. But I get it... the question makes a huge difference to you, clearly. I's say I wonder why, but the answer is as obvious as the nose on the caricature we all know you thought of when you read this thread's face.

Actually I thought Christian Zionist, but wasn't sure, the only caricature here is your predictably false assessment of my asking that question. Shouldn't you have Captain Israel as your avatar?
Well you'd hardly be a Palestinian Muslim celebrating Israel.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
Well you'd hardly be a Palestinian Muslim celebrating Israel.

Obviously, I'm not, but they do exist.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

My avatar is perfectly fine as it is.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join