It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Congress refers Comey McCabe Clinton Page Strzok Lynch others for criminal prosecution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
11 members of Congress have referred Clinton, Lynch, Comey, McCabe, Page, Strzok and every single FBI agent / DOJ official involved with the Carter Page warrant for criminal prosecution.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't letters from congress to DOJ asking for a Criminal Investigation, Prosecution etc. largely PR stunts?

DOJ makes the determination to pursue any investigation or prosecution, not congress.

It seems like a regular thing where certain members of congress send a letter to DOJ asking for action on some issue?

Just recently this example:

Top Democrats Ask Who at DOJ Improperly Tried to Classify Official’s Handwritten Notes on President Trump’s Call to Comey—And Why
democrats-oversight.house.gov...

Or this

34 House Democrats ask the Justice Department to investigate Jeff Sessions for violating his recusal from the Russia probe
www.businessinsider.com...

or this

House Democrats ask Justice Department to provide evidence that FBI had political bias against Hillary Clinton
www.nydailynews.com...

kind of endless...

Meh...a letter from congress to DOJ.

If DOJ had cause to investigate already, then they would be, like the Special Counsel.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Quick, don't look behind you !!

😀

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't letters from congress to DOJ asking for a Criminal Investigation, Prosecution etc. largely PR stunts?

You hit the nail on the head.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

added your info to the op.

thanks

link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Oh dear,

I guess Trump playing 'rocket man' isn't going down too well...quick think of something even sillier!

Im going to be honest....i'd pay $25 to see Trump re-enact Shatners spoken word rendition of Rocket Man, complete with corny dancing and sloppy tux.

link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Not really.. Congress has the authority to send referrals for criminal prosecutions.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is nothing but partisan posturing. Sounds good to the base. Won’t go anywhere.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Just read this idiotic PR stunt of a letter.

Their principle complaint is "varying degrees of zealousness"??? in the investigation?

My question is...with Congress having 248 GOP members, how come only 11 felt comfortable signing their name to this?

Answer obvious.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You raise a valid question; I think it would be beneficial to find instances of criminal referrals being sent from congress that amounted to nothing, not just 'letters' or 'inquiries'.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
This is nothing but partisan posturing. Sounds good to the base. Won’t go anywhere.

Already has 😎

The Sun is bright.

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Just read this idiotic PR stunt of a letter.

Their principle complaint is "varying degrees of zealousness"??? in the investigation?

My question is...with Congress having 248 GOP members, how come only 11 felt comfortable signing their name to this?

Answer obvious.

If that is what you got out of it then you either didnt read or did not understand the referral. Each person listed has the reasons for the referral and the laws they potentially broke.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Nice headline, time will tell if anything can be done with it... or even if they will even attempt to do something with it. But for now here is to hoping...

I pulled it from twitter. I didnt have a media outlet source when i posted the info.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Not really.. Congress has the authority to send referrals for criminal prosecutions.

So? That doesn't mean the DOJ will take them up just because Congress does that.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The referral was to Huber, who is working with the OIG on some of the issues raised in the Congressional referral.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
republicans have wasted billions over some pretty spurious thought processes in the past but i think they managed to find a new low.

i'm taking it nobody here is versed in law, its pretty laughable.

dissimilar degrees of zealousness

erm yeah, what kinda sentence does that carry?

trump's demands that fox news repeat the seth rich lie should also be highlighted, as zealous.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Not necessarily. Will post in next response to other poster.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

www.sltrib.com/news/2018/03/29/us-attorney-for-utah-huber-probing-gop-raised-concerns-about-the-fbi-surveilling-trump-aide-ignoring-clinton-uranium-ti es/

U.S. attorney for Utah is investigating GOP-raised concerns about the FBI surveilling Trump aide and about Clinton’s uranium ties

This is not new.
There are threads about this here.
perhaps the link here will work.
www.good4utah.com...

Sessions decided Huber will investigate a cluster of Republican-driven accusations against the FBI and has decided that no second special counsel is needed -- at least for now. Huber has been looking into allegations that the FBI abused its powers in surveilling a former Trump campaign adviser, and more should have been done to investigate Hillary Clinton's ties to a Russian nuclear energy agency, but his identity had remained a secret

edit on 18/4/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/4/2018 by shooterbrody because: links

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: screamager

"dissimilar degrees of zealousness" can equate into prosecutorial misconduct or deprivation of rights when acting under color of law.

Legalese.. It is like the use of the term "lack of candor" which essentially means lying - directly or by omission.

Both can be felony crimes with prison time / hefty fines / disbarment / loss of license to be l;aw enforcement.
edit on 18-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So? That doesn't mean the DOJ will take them up just because Congress does that.

Bet voters will take it up 😎

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.sltrib.com... anium-ties/

U.S. attorney for Utah is investigating GOP-raised concerns about the FBI surveilling Trump aide and about Clinton’s uranium ties

This is not new.
There are threads about this here.

No this would be new.

What Huber is doing was coming from the OIG's investigation. The referral from members of Congress is from their investigations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join