It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington, D.C., may allow 16-year-olds to vote for president in the 2020 election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Saw this coming. They're trying to monopolise on the Hogg guy influencing all those kiddies.

But again...how can the kids mess up things worse than we have? That would be impossible. Keep in mind that there are millions upon millions of conservative kids 16 and older all over the US.

Because they're more mind controlled by the electioneers than anybody else in history short of Nazi Germany, Maoist China, and Stalinist Russia.

edit on 18-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Saw this coming. They're trying to monopolise on the Hogg guy influencing all those kiddies.

But again...how can the kids mess up things worse than we have? That would be impossible. Keep in mind that there are millions upon millions of conservative kids 16 and older all over the US.

Because they're more mind controlled by the electioneers than anybody else in history short of Nazi Germany, Maoist China, and Stalinist Russia.

That's not true. It's the older generations of Americans that are more mind controlled. Look who we vote for? We're really dumb. A century from now, we'll be looked on as the dumbest generation, politically.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

We should definitely let them vote.

We keep voting in the same idiots over and over in congress. How smart are we? Not very.

We had Hillary vs Trump in the last election. How smart are we? Not very.

We had Mitt Romney as the best candidate to beat Obama last time? LOL How dumb are we.

And you guys think 16 year olds will make worse choices than us? Wow!

Let them vote. They can't possibly do a worse job than us.

That's all because we let our corporate masters pick our candidates for US. Then we pat ourselves on the back because we "voted" for the Two Party + MSM System once again.

Note those same corporations are raising the children with ever increasing aggression towards such social engineering ends.

But of course those ends are total SJW groupthink mind control overload, so of course SJW's would support this notion.

So maybe the 16 year olds will see past that. They don't watch the news on TV, they don't listen to talk radio. They aren't as conrolled as we are. Not sure how you think all 16 year olds get caught up in SJW groupthink and what even is SJW group think? LOL

You realize that tehre are two types of SJWs ...there are conservative social Justice warriors and liberal social justice warriors...

Well there's actually 3 types.. there are the real social justice warriors like Ghandi, and martin luther king.
edit on 18-4-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

This is the element you want voting:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Cause teens are already messed up. The innocence is gone by that time and they're up to no good. Hormones and all that.

Now... 3 year olds... I'd let them vote. Hell, I'd let them make laws for us!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: DBCowboy

]

Exactly!

link   

That's not true. It's the older generations of Americans that are more mind controlled. Look who we vote for? We're really dumb. A century from now, we'll be looked on as the dumbest generation, politically.

Yea it is true! You are painting with a pretty broad brush because at my age I see plenty of boomers who are brainwashed by Cultural Marxism while I still cling to supporting that document called the Constitution.

I have voted Independent for most of my life but in the end I usually have to vote for who the establishment tells me I can vote for in the name of the lesser of two evils when they are BOTH evil.

Our government is corrupt as hell and until we take the power away from Corporations being able to dump tons of money on political candidates like race horse, "Thanks to the Supreme Court and Citizens United" doesn't matter who the hell we vote for. They are all owned by the elite the second they are elected.

When was the last time you saw a poor intelligent man or woman win an election?

link   

This is the element you want voting:

You showed me 2 people out of millions. LOL

Didn't you see who the older generations put as their candidates last time? Hillary and Trump. LOL

Didn't you see who the older generations put in congress for the past several decades? Pelosi, Mitch Mcconnel, harry reid, Barbara Boxer...and on and on and on.

Didn't you see who the older generations picked to run against Obama? Mitt Romney! LOL

I ask again, how can the younger generation who is not influenced by TV and Radio pundits do worse than us? They can't

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yea it is true! You are painting with a pretty broad brush because at my age I see plenty of boomers who are brainwashed by Cultural Marxism while I still cling to supporting that document called the Constitution.

I have voted Independent for most of my life but in the end I usually have to vote for who the establishment tells me I can vote for in the name of the lesser of two evils when they are BOTH evil.

Our government is corrupt as hell and until we take the power away from Corporations being able to dump tons of money on political candidates like race horse, "Thanks to the Supreme Court and Citizens United" doesn't matter who the hell we vote for. They are all owned by the elite the second they are elected.

When was the last time you saw a poor intelligent man or woman win an election?

I agree with most of what you said there. I know you vote independent. You're an exception. MOst of the older generations watch too much TV new shows and listen to to many radio news shows...just look at the popularity of rachel maddow, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

I'm just saying the younger generations aren't doing that. they aren't influenced by those propaganda machines.

With them, I think, we have a chance to break out of this rut we've been in for the past several decades.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Our corporate masters spoon feed US BS career criminal crony candidates. Then we pick.

You blame everyone like they nominated them.

Attack the system not the poor bastards who did the best they could with what they were presented with.

Kind of like attack the evil greedy CEO's, not everyday commoner white folks whom happen to share the same skin color as most CEO's.

And that there is why this generation most of all is to be fear in the polling booth because they buy the SJW Hyper-Tribalist societal fabric shredding SJW BS hook, line, sinker, rod, reel and arm of the person (our elite masters) holding it.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I took the wording to mean that at 18 you have the right to vote. Until then not so much.

But I agree with you, 16 is to young.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I disagree with you that they are not influenced. What about the text books they are learning from in school. The news that is hand chosen for them by social media, Hollywierd?

We are all influenced and victims of social conditioning by the Corporations running the show one way or the other! You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I quit watching television because it became so obvious as to how they were trying to change my mind and beliefs.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Our corporate masters spoon feed US BS career criminal crony candidates. Then we pick.

You blame everyone like they nominated them.

Attack the system not the poor bastards who did the best they could with what they were presented with.

Kind of like attack the evil greedy CEO's, not everyday commoner white folks whom happen to share the same skin color as most CEO's.

And that there is why this generation most of all is to be fear in the polling booth because they buy the SJW Hyper-Tribalist societal fabric shredding SJW BS hook, line, sinker, rod, reel and arm of the person (our elite masters) holding it.

I do blame us. We could have voted in independent or third party candidates for decades now. We could have voted for new congresspeople instead of the old ones over and over again. We keep sending hundreds of millions of dollars to the same old political partied over and over again.

We did that to ourselves. Not saying they would have been better but we could actually have voted in a Green party, Libertarian party or constitution party president this election if we wanted to.

Maybe these children will do what we haven't done. Not because we can't, but because we're brainwashed.

You talk about extreme liberal actions...I think that's what you mean by sjw...I usually think of martin luther king when I think of a social justice warrior, but I think your basing this off of one kid David hogg and like 12 kids who ate tide pods out of the 7 billion people on this planet. That's a bit...weird.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I disagree with you that they are not influenced. What about the text books they are learning from in school. The news that is hand chosen for them by social media, Hollywierd?

We are all influenced and victims of social conditioning by the Corporations running the show one way or the other! You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I quit watching television because it became so obvious as to how they were trying to change my mind and beliefs.

But here's the question...what influences you more. A textbook or listening to Rush Limbaugh or watching Rachel maddow, Bill maher or Sean Hannity. I think the text book would be down on that list. You're more likely to believe propaganda when it's spoken or watched over and over again. That's what we're doing to ourselves. Not you..not me, but hundreds of millions of Americans.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I do blame us. We could have voted in independent or third party candidates for decades now. We could have voted for new congresspeople instead of the old ones over and over again. We keep sending hundreds of millions of dollars to the same old political partied over and over again.

We did that to ourselves. Not saying they would have been better but we could actually have voted in a Green party, Libertarian party or constitution party president this election if we wanted to.

Maybe these children will do what we haven't done. Not because we can't, but because we're brainwashed.

You talk about extreme liberal actions...I think that's what you mean by sjw...I usually think of martin luther king when I think of a social justice warrior, but I think your basing this off of one kid David hogg and like 12 kids who ate tide pods out of the 7 billion people on this planet. That's a bit...weird.

Cant knock all that.

Every person who says "I dont want to waste my vote" deserves to be bitch slapped every morning when they wake up and jump out of bed.

By SJW I mean Identity Politicks obsessed zealots.

I would run from that term as fast as possible. Far.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Teens not responsble enough to drive cars, thats who we want voting:

The Decline of the Driver's License
Young people are not getting driver’s licenses so much anymore. In fact, no one is. According to a new study by Michael Sivak and Brandon Schoettle at the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, the percentage of people with a driver’s license decreased between 2011 and 2014, across all age groups. For people aged 16 to 44, that percentage has been decreasing steadily since 1983.

It’s especially pronounced for the teens—in 2014, just 24.5 percent of 16-year-olds had a license, a 47-percent decrease from 1983, when 46.2 percent did. And at the tail end of the teen years, 69 percent of 19-year-olds had licenses in 2014, compared to 87.3 percent in 1983, a 21-percent decrease.

Among young adults, the declines are smaller but still significant—16.4 percent fewer 20-to-24-year-olds had licenses in 2014 than in 1983, 11 percent fewer 25-to-29-year-olds, 10.3 percent fewer 30-to-34-year-olds, and 7.4 percent fewer 35-to-39-year-olds. For people between 40 and 54, the declines were small, less than 5 percent.

Above 55, the story’s a little different. Older adults were more likely to have a driver’s license in 2014 than in 1983—in the case of those 70 and older, 43.6 percent more likely. But these age groups, too, saw a modest decline from 2011 to 2014.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

We could have but we really COULDN'T. As I stated already I tried to vote outside parties for years, yet my vote was wasted more or less because the MAJORITY of our population still believe in what they are being fed.

Also let's look at our current POTUS for example. Love him or hate him, have not one of you taken a look at how the establishment criminals in our government has been against him and treated him? The media? Who buy the way, the MSM IS CORPORATIONS?

The criminals in DC need to be worm food before we even think that voting for someone who is an outsider is an option, because the taint of corruption consuming our seat of government will either seduce them or destroy them.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You have to lead by example for as long as it takes. Or else you're a sell out.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: craterman
Dems needing some young, impressionable, stupid voters.

I’m not for 16-year-olds voting, because they don’t have enough life experience, not because they’re “stupid’. There are a lot of adults out there who are pretty stupid who are allowed to vote.

Maybe we should keep the age requirement for the immature and a “stupid” requirement for everyone else?

If they asked you, then me to define "stupid", I think they would get a wildly different perspective from each.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

But here's the question...what influences you more. A textbook or listening to Rush Limbaugh or watching Rachel maddow, Bill maher or Sean Hannity. I think the text book would be down on that list. You're more likely to believe propaganda when it's spoken or watched over and over again. That's what we're doing to ourselves. Not you..not me, but hundreds of millions of Americans.

Can't disagree with you on that. We all tend to more or less gravitate towards that and those we have more in common with and Cognitive Dissonance is our defense mechanism when we are challenged with a thought or idea that is against our beliefs?

You have no idea how many times I have changed my mind about what I believed in by loving my country and reading the Constitution AGAIN!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join