It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington, D.C., may allow 16-year-olds to vote for president in the 2020 election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Need further proof it's not just Marion Barry smoking crack?
I don't.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I’d be ok with an age limit on the other end of the voting spectrum. We shouldn’t allow people to make policy for the rest of us who are so old they probably won’t have to live through the results of said policy.

The kids that are 16 now who everyone on the right lambasts constantly will be of voting age in 2020. Something you guys on the right need to think about if you don’t want Donald Trump to be what you are remembered for.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Today's 16 years old will be 18 years old in 2020, I see what you did there

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
At age 16, children are not even done LEARNING about the BASIC CIVIC education they are required to learn.

How can they POSSIBLY make an informed decision in their best interests?

I know that the Alt-Left Dems are the scumbags of the nation, but this is going too far.

Anyone wanna start a new country?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yeah, the 26th but the text doesn't seem to preclude allowing people younger than 18 to vote.

"The right of citizens of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older, to vote, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state on account of age."

Prior to 1971, you had to be 21 to vote in federal elections. A lot of countries similarly lowered their voting age in the late 60's-70s.

There's some interesting info on Wikipedia (Voting Age). I had no idea but apparently there are countries letting 16 year-olds vote:

he voting age was reduced when the Bill's provisions came into force on 1 July 2007.[24] Austria thus became the first member of the European Union, and the first of the developed world democracies, to adopt a voting age of 16 for all purposes.

Brazil lowered the voting age from 18 to 16 in the 1988 constitution. The presidential election of 1989 was the first with the lower voting age. People between the ages 18 and 70 are required to vote.

In June 2015, the Scottish Parliament voted unanimously to reduce the voting age to 16 for Scottish Parliament elections and Scottish local government elections.

I don't believe we should have 16 year-olds voting in federal elections.

I think it's great that there are 16 year-olds who are interested in politics but we already have enough uninformed, easily manipulated voters as it is. At 16, most kids don't have the social or fiscal obligations, life experience, education, etc to consider the issues let alone the time and desire to become informed.

Imagine politicians targeting the high school demographic with advertising and rhetoric. Ugh. No thanks.

edit on 2018-4-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: notsure1

16 year olds eat tide pods. nuff said,..

30 year olds soak tampons in hooch and stick them in their ass.

Nuff said

I have a little life experience, raised 2 boys and was a 16 year old once myself .

16 year olds are idiots who are still in high school still going through puberty.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

An alcohol suppository. WTF. Thats pretty messed up. I guess they're trying to save a few $ or get a quicker hit?
Hang on sounds like an urban legend

www.thoughtco.com...

We also have cause to doubt by virtue of a couple of experiments done by empirically-minded bloggers in 2011. The first, by Betsy Phillips of Tiny Cat Pants, consisted of dunking a variety of tampons in whiskey to ascertain the feasibility of inserting them pre-soaked, with and without applicators, into actual bodily orifices. The results weren't encouraging. Cardboard applicators simply fell apart during soaking. Tampons immersed while still inside plastic applicators expanded to such a degree that they got stuck and couldn't be ejected. Tampons removed from their applicators before soaking absorbed plenty of alcohol but became fat, soggy, and limp — "more proof those aren't going in any orifice in a fun way," Phillips observed.

But the prize for Selfless Dedication to Debunkery goes to Huffington Post managing editor Danielle Crittenden, who not only soaked tampons in alcohol to observe what happened, but — with no applicator at all, mind you — inserted one "where it was supposed to go" to see what would happen.

Herewith, an excerpt from Crittenden's report: It felt like someone had thrown a lit match in there. I began hopping around and breathing in the rapid, short puffs I'd learned in birth classes, so long ago, before I realized I didn't need to breathe like that if I took the epidural.... The burning didn't let up. How long was I supposed to leave it there?! I waited. And waited. If this was supposed to get me in the mood, it wasn't working. It did get me lying down though, because both standing and sitting proved to be excruciating.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

If this gets traction, the DNC will support lowering the voting age to zero so that they can buy even more votes.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If this gets traction, the DNC will support lowering the voting age to zero so that they can buy even more votes.

That would be the end of Planned Parenthood!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This agenda will backfire !!

The Republican areas will do the same !!

bwaaahahahaha

Now WHAT ?

😁

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: butcherguy

2020 newsflash .......

DNC supports pro-life !!

🤣

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We should definitely let them vote.

We keep voting in the same idiots over and over in congress. How smart are we? Not very.

We had Hillary vs Trump in the last election. How smart are we? Not very.

We had Mitt Romney as the best candidate to beat Obama last time? LOL How dumb are we.

And you guys think 16 year olds will make worse choices than us? Wow!

Let them vote. They can't possibly do a worse job than us.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Imagine politicians targeting the high school demographic with advertising and rhetoric.

"Bif Henderson is ratchet, he doesn't like Tide Pods and he often Double-Grams. Becky Smith promises to put a condom in every nose and cancel 4th period History. Vote Becky Smith for President."

"I'm Becky Smith and I approve this shizz."

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Anyone wanna start a new country?

Sure. Let's pick a nice place for it, though. How about where Israel is right now? It's very centrally located.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

"Fetuses for Hillary!"

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Saw this coming. They're trying to monopolise on the Hogg guy influencing all those kiddies.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Saw this coming. They're trying to monopolise on the Hogg guy influencing all those kiddies.

But again...how can the kids mess up things worse than we have? That would be impossible. Keep in mind that there are millions upon millions of conservative kids 16 and older all over the US.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

www.usatoday.com...

........the logic makes no sense.

If you aren't mature enough or emotionally stable enough to own a firearm until 21, then what makes people think that a person is emotionally stable and mature enough to properly cast a vote?

I have recently read 9 of your posts and have enjoyed and agreed with all 9. But not here cowboy, sorry. You can't win 'em all.

First of all, emotions should have no part of the voting process. This goes for 16 year olds as well as 61 year olds. We should not use this as part of a debate.

Secondly, we shouldn't use numbers that Washington D.C. use to determine who is "qualified" or not to do something. Marriage, guns, drinking, sex, voting, whatever. It is simply a baseline used for legal purposes and has little basis in reality. As America becomes more populated and diverse there will be more and more variables in human characteristics that makes numbers irrelevant to the conversation.

I say go for it. What you see in the media about Tide Pods, etc.......this represents a very small percentage of young people and I think we all know that. The majority are smarter than us old farts give them credit for. Many are hme-schooled and many supplement their public "education" with legitimate learning sites. Besides which, people say they don't have the life experience needed to make an informed decision. I say look at the pool of people that the DNC and RNC choose for us to vote for and ask yourself "How smart do I have to be to vote for that idiot?"

To all the young people out there, I say this: "I hope they give you the right and I hope that you see that everything in the world revolves around business decisions. We can do better than Trump and career politicians are useless. Meaning we can get a businessman (or woman) in office who has the strength and resolve that Trump has, yet with the intelligence of Bill Gates and also the humility needed to know they need a politically savvy cabinet".

So there you go Cowboy. I've wasted enough of my morning on this social media platform. If you want to send me a dozen roses or a dozen C-Notes as thanks. PM me.

(8 o'clock coffee)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
We should definitely let them vote.

We keep voting in the same idiots over and over in congress. How smart are we? Not very.

We had Hillary vs Trump in the last election. How smart are we? Not very.

We had Mitt Romney as the best candidate to beat Obama last time? LOL How dumb are we.

And you guys think 16 year olds will make worse choices than us? Wow!

Let them vote. They can't possibly do a worse job than us.

That's all because we let our corporate masters pick our candidates for US. Then we pat ourselves on the back because we "voted" for the Two Party + MSM System once again.

Note those same corporations are raising the children with ever increasing aggression towards such social engineering ends.

But of course those ends are total SJW groupthink mind control overload, so of course SJW's would support this notion.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join