It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeopath “treated” 4-yr-old boy’s behavior problems with saliva from rabid dog

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That is the booze, the cure is more booze. I swear by it.

Logic level = Grandmaster.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
For what it's worth, I was prescribed a homeopathic preparation (Eyebright) by a naturopath to deal with a periodic eye thing. I use it...it goes away.

I think eyebright is herbal and not homeopathic.

In my neck of the woods the naturopaths also jumble all the terms together which makes people think it is the same.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Outrageous! This condition clearly should have been treated with exorcism.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Repeating garbage over and over again and using sources you don't even understand does not make you right. It makes you stupid.
edit on 18 4 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
There needs to be a homeopathic remedy for stupidity.
This story makes my brain hurt.
Poor kid.

There is ....you have to smack them in the back of the head with a thick medical textbook, then make them eat the pages .

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Can homeopathy treat the placebo effect?

But seriously, some "alternative" medicine isn't alternative at all ... just more nutrition based and less reliant on pharmaceuticals. I remain highly skeptical of homeopathy, though ... but who knows. Belief and a working immune system can do wonders... see "placebo" and vaccines.

Yes, much "alternative" medicine is done by people profiting from lack of education (in both patients and themselves) ... but frankly, many mainstream doctors also profit in questionable ways, especially with pharmaceutical companies' largesse.

Painting with a large brush can be ... simplistic.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What lunatic tries to intentionally give their child rabies? I'm not a big proponent of people having their children taken from them but this guy is mental.

I'm gonna go with awakened minds who think they know more than doctors because they watched a few YouTube videos...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Homeopathy is the air guitar of medicine.

Part of it is simply using the natural source of chemicals and compounds rather than using the Pharma versions. The hazards are that picking, collecting and cooking the natural versions may have been contaminated with something else, but on the other hand they have other chemicals that naturally counteract the side effects of the active ingredients.

Some of the ancient remedies were the use of cobwebs and mildew for helping deep wounds heal. The cobwebs contained spider-silk that would be used to form a foundation for new cell growth as well as provide antibiotics and fungicides. Mildew was naturally sterile water.

I'm fascinated idea of water being "imprinted" with the memory of a particular chemical. How do we know that water doesn't simply bind to the most positive or negatively ionic parts of a molecule thus making it invisible chemically.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This is in my wheelhouse. I'm literally an expert on rabies. This is bat# crazy. Doing this opens you up to massive liability.

Rabies is 99.99% fatal. I've also heard of homeopathic docs saying they can test for it and treat it. These are lies. Once you have symptomatic rabies you are dead. The only thing left is morphine to keep you comfortable.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Rabies is some nasty stuff.
You shouldn't ought to give it to a child.
Has this idiot never watched "Ol' Yeller?"
...and where the hell did they get a rabid dog from?
Do they keep one in a kennel for just such an occasion?
Madness.

edit on 19-4-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I'm sure I'm not alone to say that her having a bad kid and rabid dog at the same time is normal.

Kiss the dog.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Lick bats.

Fight a raccoon.

has she even watched Cujo?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Homeopathic is not treating people with rabies saliva. A Homeopathic practitioner may have found or developed some ideas that this is a treatment but the practice itself goes far beyond such gross and dangerous approaches to restoring health.

Why are there so many children having such problems as mentioned in the article? Well years of chemical exposure in air, food and water. I cannot comment much on chem trails but evidence seems to support it is actually happening. If they are using Cadmium, I would hope to think they are figuring that dilution in the atmosphere would make the levels inhaled, drank or eaten would be at safe levels but I hope they are remembering the bio-magnification factors.
However, for years our environment has been polluted by common sources. First there are natural toxins in soil and air, and with toxic mistakes made in some products used in daily life, (Plastic drinking bottles and the like). But when you add a higher carbon content and industrial discharges, along with gasoline additives burning in our autos, along with adding fluoride into toothpaste,; on and on and on. . Example: Some gasoline additives are no longer used because they were found toxic after debate and actual injury, but are still found in about every water source around us. You add to that the questions about vaccines, the low quality of food provided by large industrial processors. Along with the toxic left overs from war, how do the children stand much of a chance?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
sciencebasedmedicine.org...

Here is a link that better highlights the point my scoffers have been trying to make with their nonsensical one liners.

I however do not agree with them or the article but just wanted to point out the lack of thought now being put forth by the establishment.

Pretty sad when one has to now set both sides of the argument.

My point stands and will remain that vaccines do fit the definition of homeopathy because a live virus even if diluted is the basis for a vaccine.

Also the thought that homeopathy is just 100% placebo is also false as noted in the op by the fact that if true someone gave their kids rabies and you all are calling that homeopathy on one hand and on the other some are claiming that is akin to giving someone nothing active and calling it an active substance.

How about let's for the sake of ignorance get it straight that we are dealing with two different types of attempted cures when the term homeopathy is being used.

One where a small dose of a live virus is givin and another where a non active ingredient is givin to the patient and the patient is told that an active ingredient was givin.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Also the word of the day is..

nos·ode
ˈnäsōd/Submit
noun
plural noun: nosodes
(in homeopathy) a preparation of substances secreted in the course of a disease, used in the treatment of that disease.

Notice that they lump it in with homeopathy even though it contradicts the definition many adhere too.
edit on 19-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
sciencebasedmedicine.org...

Here is a link that better highlights the point my scoffers have been trying to make with their nonsensical one liners.

I however do not agree with them or the article but just wanted to point out the lack of thought now being put forth by the establishment.

My point stands and will remain that vaccines do fit the definition of homeopathy because a live virus even if diluted is the basis for a vaccine.

Also the thought that homeopathy is just 100% placebo is also false as noted in the op by the fact that if true someone gave their kids rabies and you all are calling that homeopathy on one hand and on the other some are claiming that is akin to giving someone nothing active and calling it an active substance.

How about let's for the sake of ignorance get it straight that we are dealing with two different types of attempted cures when the term homeopathy is being used.

One where a small dose of a live virus is givin and another where a non active ingredient is givin to the patient and the patient is told that an active ingredient was givin.

As your link points out vaccines aren't homeopathy.

Vaccines involve giving a low dose to build immunity.

Homeopathy involves giving no dose whatsoever.

It doesn't matter how many times you claim vaccines are homeopathy you will still be wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You obviously either didn't read that source you just linked or you don't understand your own argument.

No. They don't. That article was talking about a specific vaccine that homeopaths create through excessive dilution to the point of ineffectiveness.

Produce an actual scientific study that validates homeopathy. The reason the kid didn't get rabies is because the rabies virus was SUPER diluted to nothingness. Furthermore, that wasn't even a vaccine. It was water plus super diluted rabid dog spit.

Homeopathy is JUST water. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

How about you actually do REAL research using actual scientific journals?
edit on 19-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So do you agree or disagree with the link i provided on your behalf of the argument?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What is there to agree with? That homeopaths are attempting to make their own vaccines using the same flawed methods they use to make their bs homeopath remedies? Sure I wouldn't put it past them. I spend enough time on r/vaxxhappened to believe they'll do anything to justify their hooey. That doesn't mean they are real vaccines though; nor does it mean I have to acknowledge your point about vaccines being homeopathic.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

REVERSE DITTO

at least i am actually providing substance even if many are deadset hardheaded to ignore facts.

You all just post non substantive retorts not designed to educate but to try to win some imaginary battle you think is being waged.

Facts are facts and this fact is that indeed in part vaccines are homepathy born even if that part is diluted down.

The reason a live virus is used is to allow the immune system to respond even if falsely to a last years virus that will have no substantive effect on a mutated form of last years virus in the case of flu.

I think you all are trying to argue very poorly that since the live virus is diluted down it no longer counts as adhering to the definition of homeopathy via nosode. However the immune system response calls you ignorant.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join