It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Tutankhamun Curse - it's Official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
What will film directors do now? Researcher Mark Nelson of Monash University in Australia has finally killed off the "curse of the pharaoh" with research into just how long those individuals who were present at the opening of Tutankhamun's tomb actually survived.

Professional Egyptologists will perhaps be the least surprised to hear that Dr Nelson, who published his research in the British Medical Journal, found no evidence for (the curse's) existence. For the record, the average age on death of the 25 'westerners' present at the opening of the tomb was 70 years old.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC site couldnt resist a link to a story of how the curse struck a presentation of "The Mummy Returns" when the projection room of the Edinburgh cinema in which it was showing caught fire!

Dont blame me if your screen locks!

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666

For the record, the average age on death of the 25 'westerners' present at the opening of the tomb was 70 years old.

Yep. And they were all 69.999 years old when they have opened the tomb.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Once again, opinion disguised as science. First they're building a wall, now scientists are starting to publically turn their backs.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I heard that a fongus was responsible of the "curse".

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem
I heard that a fongus was responsible of the "curse".

Correct Salem, these ancient fungal spores are called Aspergillus genus. The deaths and sickness's were caused by inhalation of these spores. These spores are very toxic and if untreated, result in death.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by Seekerof]

top topics

join