It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bandying of the term POPULISM as anti Trump Liberal Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Do you think Macron is the Anti-Trump, ho ho?

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Populism will lead us into the abyss, warns Macron

They are bandying the term POPULISM around right now as if the West has been taken over by it when, in fact, there is NO POPULIST leader currently in office in any of the West.

Trump is not a populist. The last time I checked his wrapper it said Republican and Democratically Elected just like every other American President.

I don't see any sign of this POPULISM anywhere apparent in the West; nada, nothing, no populism anywhere. I only see a POPULAR PRESIDENT.

You scheming naughty lot, Liberals. You are terrible for it.

They are spamming politics with these buzz words all the time. Populism is a liberal invention as a slur word to pretend is happening to explain why they are not popular. The reason they are not popular is becase most are really distsrustful as they are not paying any attention to the electorate at large, utterly alienated from mainstream politics now. Liberalism has suffered a Dresden, a "Slaughterhouse Five". It needed to happen. Their behavior now concerns me greatly because they are very destructive.

We have too much to protect to let foolishness make a mockery. It is life and death to many that the West stay strong and organised. Order must be maintained because of this.

Trump is no populist. May is no populist. They are the PEOPLE'S CHOICE, whether a minority like it or not. If they are in power it is because they are listening to the electorate and the electorate at large have put them there, not Russians, not some dark plot by the Romulans.

This is a democracy. Liberals have gone nuts.

Remember, Liberalism is active in right wing and left wing politics. it occupies the centre. If politics has moved away from the centre right now it is because there is something rotten in it.

If you knew what I knew about the behaviour of some of these people you would understand exactly what I mean. They treat the electorate like dirt, call them ignorant for making the choices they make and alienate the majority: their mistake, their mess, their consequence, THEIR PROBLEM.

"Might be an actor in a plot that might be all that you got til your error you clearly learn"

Macron is seeing the illusion of Populism when it is really just politicians relating to the electorate and taking them into account instead of calling their needs and their worries stupid. You will only further alienate them if you do that.

edit on 18-4-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
what your supposed to do is explain how trump hasn't played the populism card.
hint: you can't.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

pop·u·lism

ˈpäpyəˌlizəm/

noun

support for the concerns of ordinary people.

"it is clear that your populism identifies with the folks on the bottom of the ladder"

the quality of appealing to or being aimed at ordinary people.

"art museums did not gain bigger audiences through a new populism"

So "support for the concerns of ordinary people" will lead us into the abyss, warns Macron?

And where ok with our elected leaders vilifying "the concerns of ordinary people"? No wonder things are as bad as they are.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: screamager
what your supposed to do is explain how trump hasn't played the populism card.
hint: you can't.

The "support for the concerns of ordinary people" card?

... please show me a politician that "supports for the concerns of ordinary people" and I'll vote for him all day long. Trump tries to talk a good game, but he is no populist.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I like how there are 3 possible definitions and you quaintly pick the one that can best help your personal belief
Disregarding the definition which describes Trump and his entire campaign the most...

"the quality of appealing to or being aimed at ordinary people."

edit on 18-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm confused why everything negative has to ALWAYS be the liberals' fault on ATS. Here is Fox News labeling Trump's Presidency as Populism. Threads like this are getting to the point of absurdity.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

You're right . There's no word for what trump is.

But moron has been bandied about too. Lol

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What he does is bull# ordinary people. He works for the rich.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Do you think Macron is the Anti-Trump, ho ho?

I don’t know, but I think trump is the anti-Christ

This is a democracy.

Yes, and demagoguery is democracy’s greatest threat.

Shame that the Right has fallen for trumps demagogue bull#.

edit on 583Wednesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Trump is no populist. May is no populist. They are the PEOPLE'S CHOICE, whether a minority like it or not. If they are in power it is because they are listening to the electorate and the electorate at large have put them there, not Russians, not some dark plot by the Romulans.

Trump would not be president if it were not for the electoral college. And the Republicans would not control the House if it were not for gerrymandering:

"In the final count, Hillary Clinton's lead in the popular vote of the 2016 presidential election was nearly three million votes. According to the independent, non-partisan Cook Political Report, Clinton's final tally came in at 65,844,610, compared to Donald Trump's 62,979,636, with a difference of 2,864,974."

But who cares. If Hillary were president the US would probably dropping MORE bombs in the ME. We would be killing Arabs for Israel at the same rate regardless who is president. And the lobbyists prevent any legislation helping workers.

After researching my claim I found these interesting tidbits:

"Voters selected members of the Electoral College in each state, in most cases by "winner-takes-all" plurality; those state electors in turn voted for a new president and vice president on December 19, 2016.[a] While Clinton received about 2.9 million more votes nationwide, a margin of 2.1%, Trump won 30 states with a total of 306 electors, or 57% of the 538 available. He won the three perennial swing states of Florida, Ohio, and Iowa, as well as the three "blue wall" stronghold states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. He also won Maine's 2nd congressional district, which had not been won by a Republican presidential candidate since 1988. Leading up to the election, a Trump victory was considered unlikely by almost all media forecasts. After his victory was assured, some commentators compared the election to President Harry S. Truman's victorious campaign in 1948 as one of the greatest political upsets in modern American history.[16][17]

In the Electoral College vote on December 19, seven electors voted against their pledged candidates: two against Trump and five against Clinton. A further three electors attempted to vote against Clinton but were replaced or forced to vote again. Ultimately, Trump received 304 electoral votes and Clinton garnered 227, while Colin Powell won three, and John Kasich, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, and Faith Spotted Eagle each received one. Trump is the fifth person in U.S. history to become president while losing the nationwide popular vote. He is the first president without any prior experience in public service or the military, as well as the wealthiest and the oldest at inauguration, while Clinton was the first woman to be the presidential nominee of a major American party."

7 Electors voted against what their people voted!!! Those effin bastards!!

edit on 18-4-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wow, sounds Biblical.....

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: DanDanDat

I like how there are 3 possible definitions and you quaintly pick the one that can best help your personal belief
Disregarding the definition which describes Trump and his entire campaign the most...

"the quality of appealing to or being aimed at ordinary people."

I'm sorry; they all sounded the same to me.

So ... "appealing to or being aimed at ordinary people" should be a strategy to vilify? Kinda cant have the "support for the concerns of ordinary people" with out aiming your message and policies toward them for their appeal.

Again Trump talks a good game but he is no populist.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Trump isn't a populist?

Populism is a political philosophy supporting the rights and power of the people in their struggle against a privileged elite.[1] Critics of populism have described it as a political approach that seeks to disrupt the existing social order by solidifying and mobilizing the animosity of the "commoner" or "the people" against "privileged elites" and the "establishment"

en.wikipedia.org...

Then what's all this "draining the swamp" talk?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Trump is a billionaire's populist. He's fighting the tyranny of government's responsibility to people living in poverty.

top topics

join