It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks to close all company-owned stores May 29 for racial-bias education day

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
just reading about the Starbucks incident. now remove all thought of colour. two men walk into a pub sit down and buy nothing. staff notice this ask them what they are doing and the men state they are waiting for a friend and have no intention to buy a drink . they are asked to leave they refuse the police are called to eject them and when they turn up they still refuse to leave. they are threatened with arrest still refuse and are then arrested for trespass and removed. whats all the fuss about. sounds bang on to me .

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

If they wanted to take a piss, and the store policy is to make a purchase

Is that the store policy? Is it applied to everyone who enters Starbucks?
I've heard not.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

That's exactly what this is, from all I have read. They came in, and asked to use the restroom, and were told it was for customers, then refused to purchase anything, and subsequently refused to leave when asked. I suspect they did this just to push some "Starbucks is racist!" claim, knowing it was nothing of the sort.

Color is only political when the real problem is the haves vs haves not. I'm sure there are 100s of customers that go to that Star Bucks daily that are black or brown and each one of them are treated very well as all regular customers tend to be. When I look at our problem in Portland there is no color differences as to why all the bathrooms are compo locked and I'm sure it is the same there.

People want to keep out the haves nots and the first time I saw combo locks on bathrooms I was like are you freaken kidding me?

Keeping out the haves nots is so much more of a larger problem than anything color...but hey color sells news while nasty stinky ugly homeless are to be not seen.

edit on 19-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks. I have never been in one so I didn't know.

TheRedneck

God damn redneck...never been to a Starbucks...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
God damn redneck...never been to a Starbucks...

Git 'im!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UnBreakable

Is that the store policy? Is it applied to everyone who enters Starbucks?
I've heard not.

What I have experienced is what is typically not a company wide policy can be a local policy depending on the location. I need to go to the first Starbucks in Seattle and see if they have combos on the bathrooms... In Portland EVERY business that caters to customers use combos with the huge homeless population. You see Portland became very homeless friendly city without providing logistical support such as porta potties, land, food, supplies etc. Hell in Iraq we had 25,000+ people at my small location who had sleeping areas in tents, porta potties all over the place, showers, chow halls and Portland can not supply even a place for them to crap...

As I said before we are dealing not with color as much as the haves vs the haves not.... Color is pure political since there are 100s of black/brown regular customers I'm sure go to that Starbucks daily and are treated very well.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

After reading this thread, I can be proud of that fact.

Cold, chocolatey coffee? Ain't that sacrilege or something?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And yet Starbucks also needs political sensitivity training too. When will that happen?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

TheRedneck

I don't know... I drink Bourbon and Starbucks doesn't have that...

If you ever go into one and they ask you what flavor, tell them you want coffee flavor and enjoy the fun.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If you ever go into one and they ask you what flavor, tell them you want coffee flavor and enjoy the fun.

I will do so!

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Tell them you are part Black and you're in for the repatriation coffee. LOL!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
Tell them you are part Black and you're in for the repatriation coffee. LOL!

Make sure you have a printout from 23andMe.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Two black dudes arrested for being insufferable douche bags. End of story. Move along leftists no opression here.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Two black dudes arrested for being insufferable douche bags. End of story. Move along leftists no opression here.

I consider myself to be a full blown leftists and completely agree... Your head must be completely spinning, yeah?

...Whats the world come too, when you can't just blame all your frustrations on those pesky leftards?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Save your money.

Unless you are writing your novel and need to get away from the dogs and kids to concentrate, their WiFi is good.

My wife goes there to work, I have a few friends that do that too. I see them when I walk by.

They are mostly in Malls here, so no bathroom issues.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The libertarian in me wants to agree with you that business have the right to discriminate against whoever they want because thats what you are saying when a business has the perogative to anything it likes. so sure a business can discriminate. And when you speak of gestapo tactics isn't that gestapo tactics saying what manner of dress is acceptable? saying that this uniform( a suit and tie or whatever is acceptable practice here in a coffee shop, But "Gangsta clothes" are not acceptable for having coffee.

And lets take it a step further if Starbucks did indeed enforce a dress code what do you think that would do to sells??
edit on 21-4-2018 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: xuenchen

All of that, because some activists planned to set themselves up as fake victims? Wow.....

That whole thing just reeked of a set-up, as far as I am concerned.

Bet the company doing the "re-training" had a part.

😉

Hadn't considered that, but seems likely!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Not a business model that ever attracted me at all, and wouldn't have when I was younger, either. For them to e accused of racism is rather surreal, all considered.

Wouldn't appeal to me either; I guess I'm too practical. I don't mind having a seat somewhere and sipping on a Dew or a hot cup of just coffee, but that fancy stuff at a high price just seems like such a waste of resources. The kids seem to eat it up, though, and those kids spend plenty of cash. From that perspective, I can see where it's a workable business model.

But it's also a business model in a very dangerous political atmosphere. The same people who will now frequent a business to buy overpriced drinks they shouldn't be able to pronounce, will turn on the business over common sense policies. It's a strange dynamic: willing to financially support the business they are willing to politically destroy.

It's strange, but so much that people do these days is strange to me. Sometimes, I feel like I ended up on the wrong planet, and can't figure out how. Not the world I knew growing up.

I did take time to visit parts of the Smithsonian, when I was in DC, many, many years ago.

Oh, so did I on the way back from Philly. The Museum of Natural History was absolutely everything I had hoped for and so much more. I spent a few days checking out DC, and that was certainly the highlight for me. I stood in front of the Capitol Building... not really exciting. It's a big purty building. I saw the memorials. Meh. The most fun I had that day was shooting a bird at the IRS building.

Saw the memorials, and the monument, when there, in heavy snow. That was a fun day! The museums, indeed, all I had hoped for! Natural history, and the aeronautics section, as I recall. Could have spent days doing that, had I had the time!

Good BBQ, now, that's good eating! Best I can recall was some hole in the wall place, alongside the road, somewhere in Alabama. Melt in your mouth amazing stuff.

You hit one place of many. BBQ is a high bar around here, because everyone loves it. Seems every restaurant tries to outdo everyone else on how tender they can cook a pig. A lot of places you don't even need sauce; the meat is so tender and flavorful all the sauce does is make it wetter.

TheRedneck

Very true! Love good Southern BBQ!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

That's exactly what this is, from all I have read. They came in, and asked to use the restroom, and were told it was for customers, then refused to purchase anything, and subsequently refused to leave when asked. I suspect they did this just to push some "Starbucks is racist!" claim, knowing it was nothing of the sort.

Color is only political when the real problem is the haves vs haves not. I'm sure there are 100s of customers that go to that Star Bucks daily that are black or brown and each one of them are treated very well as all regular customers tend to be. When I look at our problem in Portland there is no color differences as to why all the bathrooms are compo locked and I'm sure it is the same there.

People want to keep out the haves nots and the first time I saw combo locks on bathrooms I was like are you freaken kidding me?

Keeping out the haves nots is so much more of a larger problem than anything color...but hey color sells news while nasty stinky ugly homeless are to be not seen.

Very true! Class is far ore of an issue than color. Isn't supposed to be like that here, but people don't always change as much as they think they do.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join