It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks to close all company-owned stores May 29 for racial-bias education day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What's with the stupid media pushing for race wars all of the time?

It's not just the news, now it's every other actor too.

Charlize Theron is the latest, She is going to leave the US because "it's so racist now"

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
too bad its not a permanent shutdown .
world be better off without the overpriced # they call coffee .

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Damn racist liberals. Damn them!

At what point do we put some blame on the group too? Young blacks in many parts of the country find it popular to identify with the gansta lifestyle whether being a true criminal or not and this is not a very positive image. I wonder if an older black woman would also have been denied the bathroom code too, I would bet they would have given her the code. So was not giving the bathroom code to a young black man mainly because he is black or did they not give it to him because he represent the popular gansta lifestyle? One which a young white male, or older black person would not identify with.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Xtrozero

No the managers' jobs are to make sure the tape is aligned properly on the signs on the doors.

Company approved tape only.

😁

The term manager in many of these places can be a pimple faced 22 year old, so I use the term loosely.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Famous Starbucks coffee shop will be shutting down all their company owned locations on May 29th for a few hours.

Reason being: their employees must attend some sponsored re-training concerning racial bias and a few other things !!

Only in America...
edit on 17-4-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't see how it would take all day to get your employees together and tell them... "Don't do it."

(Weird deja vu.)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Okay... I'm all in for most of the attempts by the so- called "lib-tards" to make a more decent, fair world... great. It helps the less powerful and bullies suck, despite some overreach and idiocy.

That said, such corporate virtue- signalling makes me vomit. .. very nearly literally.

And I gotta admit, the hyphenations on the leftward side are a pain, too.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty funny:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This has gone far beyond ridiculous.
Just watched protests on the news over it followed by police shooting out in CA.
Don't White men ever get booted out of Starbucks or shot while unarmed by the police?
You know they do but for some reason it doesn't make the news.
The media is still committed to driving wedges between the races.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe they won't reopen on the 30th.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

I read it with sarcasm. "Oh, we're SOOOOO sorry! Here's a coupon!"
Do only POC get to use the coupon? How are they going to determine that?
edit on 17-4-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If Starbucks removed Pumpkin Spice flavored drinks from the menu for 24 hours over this, we'd have white women marching against the idiots calling for the boycott and disturbing the peace in record numbers, that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I read it with sarcasm. "Oh, we're SOOOOO sorry! Here's a coupon!"
Do only POC get to use the coupon? How are they going to determine that?

LOL

edit on 17-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So what if the person did represent the gangsta style, does he not have the right to be treated like anyone else. You may not like it but as long as the person is not being disruptive. they deserved to be treated the same as white male in a business suit.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

"Starbucks values all people of color"...
What an imbecilic sentiment. That's right up there with black lives matter for the most vapidly racist position taken under the BS flag of "combating racism" I've seen in awhile. How about valuing all of your customers? Or, if you really want to embrace the Kumbayah horsecrap, valuing all people, period? But no, somebody's feels will burn if we don't individually call out the specific groups in our exercise in reaching equality through artificially unequaling the balances.

ETA: I just opened that image in a larger window with the intent of scanning that code to get myself a free iced tea... "Limited to persons of African American heritage and/or identity at time of exchange."
Tell me this is a joke, please. I defended Starbucks over the initial incident (rightfully so seeing as how it's their business, their investments, and their risk on the line) please tell me they're not so ridiculously stupid as to run a promotion that is racist and bigoted. That would be a sad day.
edit on 17-4-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Charlize Theron is the latest, She is going to leave the US because "it's so racist now"

Where's she going, back home to South Africa?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Does the owner of a business (or their managerial representative) not have a right to make whatever choices are needed for the best interest of their business, which they hold 100% of the risk surrounding the success or fail of? What an entitled pile of crap... I really hoped we'd left the Gestapo nonsense of forcing businesses to bend over backwards for customers they didn't wish to deal with (let alone loiterers... I mean Jesus, at least the cake issue involved someone attempting to pay for a good and.or service.) in the dustbins of history where it belongs.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Good Lord, that's a ridiculously astute comment.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I've been hear a lot about Starbucks the past few days. Haven't heard what All the " covfefe" is over this time.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Beat me to it.

lol, SA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join