It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's First Luxury Space Hotel in 2021 Stay Now for an Astronomical Price

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Yeah, I remember that too. There were several empty promises which never came to fruition. Space tourism where they even built that Spaceport in New Mexico, flying cars thay never flew, and a host of other advancements which didn't really advance anything....So sad.

Maybe not in your timeline!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Any word on how they will crew the hotel staffing?

I understand the customers, and their process, but what about the company workers keeping this thing functioining and doing maintenance?

They're going to have to have the most overqualified hotel maids on the planet.

"Our company's most rigorous training to material to date, is how to use Faburoso and fold origami towels, in space." -Director of Aurora Hotel

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Any word on how they will crew the hotel staffing?

Maybe they'll get some of the maintenance and support staff who have experience working on the secret US Moon Base.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I have on good authority that the Kardashian Clan will be booking for sometime in 2023... all I can say is " there goes the neighborhood, uh, space"

Hmmm sounds like a perfect cast for that years Lost in Space the reality show. Everything was going fine till they were thrown out of orbit due to the density and gravitational pull of Kim's azz, flinging them into deep space.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'll wait for Tom Bodett to tell me they put a Motel $6 Million in orbit.
"We'll leave the docking lights on for ya."

Beauty Blue.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
For $9.5 mill, I won't ever be able to afford it, but hopefully in the future there are more affordable options since I would love to go into space

Eh. There are houses in my neighborhood that cost nearly that much, without the view.

Ideally though once you spend $9.5 million on a house you will remain there indefinitely or until you sell it.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Ideally though once you spend $9.5 million on a house you will remain there indefinitely or until you sell it.

Around here those are usually high-turnover houses to be sold to the new and foolishly rich.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Around here those are usually high-turnover houses to be sold to the new and foolishly rich.

Either way you're not just staying a few weeks then leaving with nothing...I assume that they make money off the houses when they resell them. You make Money staying in a space hotel.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Plotus
I have on good authority that the Kardashian Clan will be booking for sometime in 2023... all I can say is " there goes the neighborhood, uh, space"

Hmmm sounds like a perfect cast for that years Lost in Space the reality show. Everything was going fine till they were thrown out of orbit due to the density and gravitational pull of Kim's azz, flinging them into deep space.

Bruce/Caitlyn can play Dr. Smith.

[For background on that, Dr. Smith was male in the original 1960s Lost in Space, but female in the new (2018) version.]

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Danger .....Will Robinson errr North West please just deactivate my circuits.......

LOL yes that Dr.Smith was irritating as hell LOL.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Danger .....Will Robinson errr North West please just deactivate my circuits.......

LOL yes that Dr.Smith was irritating as hell LOL.

Oooooh...I forgot Kanye West was part of the clan now (that's how much I care). Wasn't the Pilot of the Jupiter 2 named "Don West"? Kanye can be the spaceship's pilot in the new reality show.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I have a hard time believing this will actually happen, at least not at the price point they are advertising. $9.5 million for 4 paying customers is a total price of $38 million per 12 day stay. That needs to pay for the launch, whatever craft is going to transport the passengers and crew to the "hotel" station, the cost for R&D and launch of the station itself, as well as operational costs.

Launch prices have been coming down in recent years, thanks in large part to Musk and SpaceX, but not enough to make $9.5 million for a paying customer reasonable. Just using the Falcon 9 as an example, informed speculation puts the internal cost to SpaceX of a Falcon 9 flying a re-used booster at $37 million - a number which includes a new-built second stage and no profit margin for the company. And that number does not include a crew-rated capsule like the Dragon 2.

The technology for a private space hotel has been around for decades, and we're coming to a point where launch services and even private companies offering manned transportation systems to and from orbit will make the idea realistically achievable. But $9.5 million per paying customer is still WAY too low to be realistic.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

I have to admit that Elysium was the first thing that popped in my head as well.

9.5 million dollars for 12 days. If I had that kind of money to throw away, I would like to think that I would do something that had a greater impact on my life and the life of others.

I don't have those kind of dreams, but if I did, I would rather be known as the old lady that spent her money educating and caring for disadvantaged children, than the crazy old lady that spent 9.5 millions dollars to hang out in Earth's lower orbit for 12 days.

But that probably explains why I don't have that kind of money.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Next big project will be a permanent space station large enough to hold the world's wealthiest families and they will call it Elysium. No one that has less than a 10 million will be allowed to stay there probably and the rest of us peasants will be left to fight over what's left on the dusty barren rock called Earth.

That sounds like the plot for a Matt Damon movie.

It was a movie by the same name

edit on 20-4-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So umm you all know that we living carbon life forms need gravity right? Humans can't stay in space for a long periods of time, why? Because gravity is what's holding us together, it's what makes each and every cell in our bodies hold on to each other. Take water for example, when it's released into space it just floats around... so if we stay in space, (don't know how long lol) our cells (mostly muscle and bone marrow cells) will start losing its energy bonds to each other, they get weaker.

That's why astronauts work out alot up there, they exciersise their bodies because of the effects of micro gravity. Our body's are evolved for gravity, thats why muscles, bones and tendons are present in most and all earth organisms, they evolved because of gravity, and environmental factors. Plus your body has to be fit for space, both healthy and fit. Excess fat cells will lose their shape over time, thus becoming saggy which inturn will increase the chances of clotted arteries. But if saggieness is not a problem to you and maintain good health still, then go ahead lol. And you have to be able to handle the G-force of the launch, a large number of Gs can but rarely cause blood clots in the body and in the brain which may lead to some causes of disorder in the brain, like increase risk of stroke or a type mental problem like dementia. That's why you gotta be healty for space. There are multiple reasons why we are on earth. Who knows maybe we will develop biotechnology and will be able to stay in space even longer. The impossible accomplishment that our human mind, has over come... pretty much anything is possible really, just takes a looooonnngg time to get their haha.

But what I mean tho is that the rich can't vacate it for long periods of times at the moment. Maybe a year or two at most then they have to go back to earth to maintain their health. Eventually I think, we, as human beings will be able to create our own artificial gravity similar to earth, when I dunno, probably before the world turns to crap haha.

And eventually more space companies probably mostly private ones from the super rich will come out some major, some, not so much and may fail miserably. Some will do it for money because that's what the world runs on. And some will do it in the name of science, exploration, colonization, maybe universal travel, and to persevere the human race. But anyways more space ecosystems will come out and be in space thus turning the next era into the real space era. DUUHN DAAN DAAAAAAHHH...

edit on 4 20 18 by MaybeLife because: *And some will do it in the name of science, exploration, colonization, maybe universal travel, and to persevere the human race* just needed to add some of the Diversities of human self achievements

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

The article also says that "space condos" are the next product idea the company is setting its sights on

9.5 million ???

This compares to couple of recent purchases in California of condemned houses for 1.3 million so can rebuild on site

But the commute must be murder.......

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PhloydPhan

That is for a single purpose launch

Best solution would double up - use SPACE X Dragon on a resupply run to ISS. Drop off supplies/passengers there
then divert to the Aurora space hotel to drop/off pick up guests and supplies

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Next big project will be a permanent space station large enough to hold the world's wealthiest families and they will call it Elysium. No one that has less than a 10 million will be allowed to stay there probably and the rest of us peasants will be left to fight over what's left on the dusty barren rock called Earth.

That sounds like the plot for a Matt Damon movie.

It was a movie by the same name

I'm being sarcastic.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
I know you were

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join