It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's First Luxury Space Hotel in 2021 Stay Now for an Astronomical Price

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The Space Hotel called the Aurora , is due to be up by 2021 and start accepting guests by 2022 will be the first of its kind; holding up to 6 people which includes 4 guests and 2 crew members. The stay will last 12 days and the cost will be $9.5 million, which they say is cheap compared to a stay on the ISS at $20-40million for a stay.

The new race to space is on with Elon Musk's plan to travel to Mars by 2022, and now, a luxury space hotel in the works. Orion Span, a Houston-based space technology startup, announced its revolutionary "Aurora Station" on April 5 at the Space 2.0 Summit in San Jose, CA. For the hefty price of $9.5 million, you too can tour space in style.

The station promises an "authentic astronaut experience" and will be equipped to host six people (four guests and two crew members) for 12 days. It will be the size of a large private jet's cabin and will include amenities such as: growing your own food in space, floating through zero-gravity, live-chatting with family members back home (because of course the station will have high-speed WiFi), and the ability to orbit the earth every 90 minutes. That's 16 sunsets and 16 sunrises, for those of you counting along at home. Each guest must also go through and complete a three-month astronaut certification before being welcomed aboard.

Interested in staying there? It'll only cost $9.5million. I think as competition and facilities in Space increase the costs will become cheaper. I think I'll wait till then. What says ATS?

www.popsugar.com...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It'll never happen.
If they let tourists up there the globe Earth lie will be revealed.

edit on 4/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The article also says that "space condos" are the next product idea the company is setting its sights on

For $9.5 mill, I won't ever be able to afford it, but hopefully in the future there are more affordable options since I would love to go into space

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'll wait for Tom Bodett to tell me they put a Motel $6 Million in orbit.
"We'll leave the docking lights on for ya."

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
For $9.5 mill, I won't ever be able to afford it, but hopefully in the future there are more affordable options since I would love to go into space

Eh. There are houses in my neighborhood that cost nearly that much, without the view.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If I had billions, I seriously doubt I could bring myself to do it. I'd be terrified of the first micro meteor blasting through my living quarters and depressurising the whole damn station. View or no view.

In space, no one can hear you scream and no one is coming to save you.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I won't hold my breath... I remember how excited I was about back in 2008, when Virgin Galactic claimed they'd have suborbital space flights available for tourist at 100 grand, within a year.

...10 years later and I'm still waiting to see even that become a reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just started a Space hotel and should be done by 2020 end of quarter! The cost is only 9 Million as we are undercutting the competition.

Signup now as space is limited!

Also we are currently dropping the prices of a few bridges we are selling, but we can discuss that later after you sign up for our luxury room in SPACE!!!

psst: Remind me in 2022 to laugh my ass off when no such space hotel exists

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Now, are these time shares? Do I get to pick when I want to go or am I slotted?

I do not want to have space ruined by the riff raff. For only $9.5 million, everybody and their uncle will be up there. Is there a luxury wing? With a better view of the universe? What about private space walks?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
If I had billions, I seriously doubt I could bring myself to do it. I'd be terrified of the first micro meteor blasting through my living quarters and depressurising the whole damn station. View or no view. In space, no one can hear you scream and no one is coming to save you.

Flying into space is still insanely dangerous.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Next big project will be a permanent space station large enough to hold the world's wealthiest families and they will call it Elysium. No one that has less than a 10 million will be allowed to stay there probably and the rest of us peasants will be left to fight over what's left on the dusty barren rock called Earth.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Space hotels are the new commercial fusion — perpetually on the horizon. I'm not sure if I could afford it, this would interest me at all. I'm not looking to be one of the first, I'd rather be like the 10 millionth. I'm 40 and I really hope I live long enough to see commercial space travel commonplace, to orbiting stations, maybe some outposts on the Moon, whatever, but I'm just too attached to living to take the risk.

It's going to take tens of thousands of flights and several years of operation without major accident before I take a trip into space and stay in a "space hotel."

But hey, I encourage everyone else to go for it.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It'll never happen.

I think they've figured out how to keep us all fooled while still allowing us to venture into space.

Everybody knows the Earth is flat.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It'll never happen.

I think they've figured out how to keep us all fooled while still allowing us to venture into space.

Everybody knows the Earth is flat.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Next big project will be a permanent space station large enough to hold the world's wealthiest families and they will call it Elysium. No one that has less than a 10 million will be allowed to stay there probably and the rest of us peasants will be left to fight over what's left on the dusty barren rock called Earth.

That sounds like the plot for a Matt Damon movie.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have on good authority that the Kardashian Clan will be booking for sometime in 2023... all I can say is " there goes the neighborhood, uh, space"

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember that too. There were several empty promises which never came to fruition. Space tourism where they even built that Spaceport in New Mexico, flying cars thay never flew, and a host of other advancements which didn't really advance anything....So sad.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Gundam Wing is where this idea comes from.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It'll never happen.

Meh...Only the rich can afford it.

And the Rothchilds and Illuminati has already gotten to them by the time they are rich enough to afford a room, and have briefed them on what they (as a member of the rich people's club) are allowed to tell us peasants.

edit on 17/4/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

It'll never happen.

Meh...Only the rich can afford it.

Yeah... Such is life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join